Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 232 of 250
Kossie
Anna 10
My advice to anyone who has not yet had there Pre Start Consultation is to request as much information as you can so that you are prepared. For example what are the upgrades. See if you can get a list of All changes and upgrades you can make. And of course the cost. I went in abit blind to my appointment and had nothing but the Colour Selections Workbook. I have read here that some people were able to make changes between themes etc. I was never given that option. The only upgrades that were discussed with me were your standard ones and that's it. It was only after reading posts on this site and reading about upgrades/changes that people had made that I wish I had also done myself. How are you meant to know what changes/upgrades you can make if they don't tell you?!. Also after this appointment you do get told you can not make any further changes. Which they stick too!. This is frustrating when you have been waiting for a year for your land to title. I'm not sure why they don't just wait till closer to the title date.

I feel your pain.We wanted to make changes too but told that after PWC no changes allowed and we weren't told of any options.Really disappointing of HBC.

I asked for all upgrade options and prices before pre-start and they happily obliged ! We knew which changes we wanted to make by the time we got into the consultation!

This is our first build and never done anything like this before ! But as with any major financial investment! Do the research and know your options !

Jamesa81
Kossie
Anna 10
My advice to anyone who has not yet had there Pre Start Consultation is to request as much information as you can so that you are prepared. For example what are the upgrades. See if you can get a list of All changes and upgrades you can make. And of course the cost. I went in abit blind to my appointment and had nothing but the Colour Selections Workbook. I have read here that some people were able to make changes between themes etc. I was never given that option. The only upgrades that were discussed with me were your standard ones and that's it. It was only after reading posts on this site and reading about upgrades/changes that people had made that I wish I had also done myself. How are you meant to know what changes/upgrades you can make if they don't tell you?!. Also after this appointment you do get told you can not make any further changes. Which they stick too!. This is frustrating when you have been waiting for a year for your land to title. I'm not sure why they don't just wait till closer to the title date.

I feel your pain.We wanted to make changes too but told that after PWC no changes allowed and we weren't told of any options.Really disappointing of HBC.

I asked for all upgrade options and prices before pre-start and they happily obliged ! We knew which changes we wanted to make by the time we got into the consultation!

This is our first build and never done anything like this before ! But as with any major financial investment! Do the research and know your options !

They could've at least given the options and guide first home buyers through the whole process.That's just good customer service

[/quote]

[/quote]
They could've at least given the options and guide first home buyers through the whole process.That's just good customer service

[/quote]

This is such great advice, just yesterday I had a word with finance, we are using HBCs finance, and was told for the most part that the majority of options selected within the colours appointment are to be paid for on the day of the appointment by us, this is contrary to our last visit where we were told otherwise. has anyone had any experience in putting options into their finance contract? I'm also getting sick of getting the run around in terms of one person saying one thing, another saying something different. If it wasn't for having gone unconditional on the land, I would have told HBC to go jump already. Its is definitely hard to make sure cash is on hand when we're told things aren't available, but then are, an there no way to know prices until the appointment to plan before hand.
Jamesa81
Kossie
Anna 10

This is a great idea! I have just asked for a copy of the upgrade options and prices. Thank you! If there are any other tips I would love to hear them. My appointment is the 23rd of february
This is a great idea! I have just asked for a copy of the upgrade options and prices. Thank you! If there are any other tips I would love to hear them. My appointment is the 23rd of february
[/quote]

Renee is very good so don't worry.
Just make sure you have a copy of the electrical plan and mark down areas you'd like to have your power points, batten lights, tv points, telephone points etc. She will help you on the day, but just have an idea of where you want them, and if you need any extra electrical stuff put in.
dissimulo

Renee is very good so don't worry.
Just make sure you have a copy of the electrical plan and mark down areas you'd like to have your power points, batten lights, tv points, telephone points etc. She will help you on the day, but just have an idea of where you want them, and if you need any extra electrical stuff put in.[/quote]

I got in wrong, my appointment is with Anna, but she seems to be very helpful! I am now considering a glass splash back, waiting for her to send through what the free standing oven looks like before I decide. Have also asked for the electrical plan so I can review it before I go in. Thank you so much for your advice, this is all things I wouldn't have thought about
So I got my report from my pre paint and waterproofing inspection.Wow.So many defects.From uncoated nails to the house not being watertight resulting in window sill damage. Blocked stormwater drains and windows covered in hardened mortar reulting in possible window and glazing damage.Has any one had penty of defects and were they promptly rectified?

Can confirm that the free standing oven is the Westinghouse WFE912SB if you're going for the 900mm which will look something like this.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=West ... -_5lcW1sCM:
To those who have started their build, did you use any inspectors. and at what stages did you get them? expecting to be handed over to construction in a couple of weeks and want to know when to engage the inspectors .
Atherbogan
To those who have started their build, did you use any inspectors. and at what stages did you get them? expecting to be handed over to construction in a couple of weeks and want to know when to engage the inspectors .

Get Darbecca.Hey don't miss a thing.You will need them. Trust me.

thanks, did you get them for all stages or just for some. their prices are pretty steep and i dont think i can manage to do all stages
Atherbogan
thanks, did you get them for all stages or just for some. their prices are pretty steep and i dont think i can manage to do all stages

Yeah I got them from pre pour to PCI/Final.There was always defects although small in beginning but could be problematic in the long run. Know it's pricey for all stages but it gives you peace of mind.Are you building a single or double storey house as a single would be cheaper to inspect plus you get discount the more inspections you do.Really worth it though.

Kossie
Atherbogan

Yeah I got them from pre pour to PCI/Final.There was always defects although small in beginning but could be problematic in the long run. Know it's pricey for all stages but it gives you peace of mind.Are you building a single or double storey house as a single would be cheaper to inspect plus you get discount the more inspections you do.Really worth it though.

im building a single story only 22 squares, they sent me their package deal prices and its working out to be cheaper than the rest of the inspectors i have spoken too. depending on when they start building i might go for the whole package for peace of mind. How far are you with your build? do you have pics to share
I would highly recommend Darbecca- they are definitely worth the money. We had minimal minor problems but they were all fixed very quickly.
We just picked up our keys and did the handover!!

Thee
I would highly recommend Darbecca- they are definitely worth the money. We had minimal minor problems but they were all fixed very quickly.

Hey Thee thank you I think I will go with Darbecca in the end. Another question what was your wait time after your land settlement. My land settled a week ago and HBC sent an email saying I should allow 8-10 weeks for them to do soil tests and get plan approval. It seems quite excessive considering most people building in my estate get their plans approved in 7 working days.
Atherbogan
Hey Thee thank you I think I will go with Darbecca in the end. Another question what was your wait time after your land settlement. My land settled a week ago and HBC sent an email saying I should allow 8-10 weeks for them to do soil tests and get plan approval. It seems quite excessive considering most people building in my estate get their plans approved in 7 working days.

I have been told that it could take up to 3 months, anywhere between 1-2 months would be reasonable I think.
Atherbogan
Kossie
Atherbogan

im building a single story only 22 squares, they sent me their package deal prices and its working out to be cheaper than the rest of the inspectors i have spoken too. depending on when they start building i might go for the whole package for peace of mind. How far are you with your build? do you have pics to share[/q

Im at pre paint now.Darbecca wasn't happy with plasterwork.I had a look on Friday and even I could tell it was a ** job.Just waiting for them to fix then re inspect.I posted pics a while ago but haven't taken any again as progress was really slow since December.
Atherbogan
Kossie
[quote="Atherbogan"]thanks, did you get them for all stages or just for some. their prices are pretty steep and i dont think i can manage to do all stages

im building a single story only 22 squares, they sent me their package deal prices and its working out to be cheaper than the rest of the inspectors i have spoken too. depending on when they start building i might go for the whole package for peace of mind. How far are you with your build? do you have pics to share

Atherbogan
Thee

I waited 8 weeks from settlement till construction. Also had a DA decline in that timeframe.

Atherbogan
Thee

It was about 8 weeks. It was very frustrating especially seeing other blocks start much quicker but overall we were very happy with the build time. We started mid September and got the keys last week

Thee
Atherbogan
Thee

It was about 8 weeks. It was very frustrating especially seeing other blocks start much quicker but overall we were very happy with the build time. We started mid September and got the keys last week

Oh wow that's a really fast build!! I can't wait to see photos

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum