Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 231 of 862
I have read a few blogs where people have their building construction delayed due to unavailability of bricks...in such case does builder compensate for the delay if the house in not completed within the agreed time frames
Delays that are out of the builders hands do not get compensated
Its in the HIA contract somewhere.
Wow that's interesting...looking at it cynically almost everything is out of builders control...
Just a heads up.. anyone looking for pavers, or border/retaining bricks.. head to the boral factory outlet in derrimut.

We saved nearly $800 today, garden edging and front yard retaining bricks we were quoted nearly $1000 for them, we got them delivered for $192.

Exactly the same product.
Hey just a couple quick questions..

How do you/we/I know that issues found during PDs independent inspection (the spray painted things) were fixed?

And will PD give u a copy of these inspections if you ask?
Hey Wateman - best to check with your SS, however I believe they are obligated to as it won't pass re-inspection. I also believe the report goes straight to your SS, not your BC.

Our blog has been updated with last week's progress too, if anyone is interested
After 4 months of watching our home grow from the ground, we had our PCI today! It was a pretty cruisy affair really, only had some minor issues, all of which we already knew about and all of which we are assured will be fixed
Our SS has been wonderful!

Handover next monday!!!
And then it all happens, i've organised floors and blinds to go in that week so we will be moving the week after into a pretty much finished home! We're told our driveway is being done this week, with landscaping to be done next week after handover, couldn't be happier with the fact that I'll have a fully landscaped front yard prior to actually moving in!

Our PD experience has been a very happy one for the most part, except for a few administrative flaws, we're very happy to have made the decision to build PD!

Good luck to everyone else's build!
Great news trudyx and congratulations! One year on, we love our home and am glad we went with PD too!
That's awesome Trudyx! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new home and garden next weel
How long did it take between fixing and PCI??
Just received my Fixing invoice!

*Dances*

I'm only two invoices away from living in my shiny new home! Woot!!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Sammyjane31
That's awesome Trudyx! Can't wait to see pictures of your beautiful new home and garden next weel
How long did it take between fixing and PCI??

Thanks
It's a bit hard to say because we had the christmas break thrown in. I got my fixing invoice on 11/12/11. So probably 5-6 weeks? Seems to be more the administrative side of things (inspections etc.) that make it feel like it takes a long time. But either way, the time still flies!
cattycatcat
Just received my Fixing invoice!

Congrats CC, received mine today too... They're totally flying now...
Bring on the key ceremony in a few weeks...

Mikey
Congrats Mikey!
Now I'm just waiting for a call for either my SS or my BC to let me know... They used to call before I received a bill :O lol.

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
humble
Just a heads up.. anyone looking for pavers, or border/retaining bricks.. head to the boral factory outlet in derrimut.

We saved nearly $800 today, garden edging and front yard retaining bricks we were quoted nearly $1000 for them, we got them delivered for $192.

Exactly the same product.

Thanks for the suggestion Humble!

It might be worthwhile to add that last year we signed Melbourne Brick to our customer club, PD Rewards. Melbourne Brick provides pavers and retaining walls at a discounted price to PD customers.

You can order pavers and retaining walls online at http://www.melbournebrick.com.au and by being a PD customer you receive 10% off and free delivery

Cheers, Ebony.
trudyx
After 4 months of watching our home grow from the ground, we had our PCI today! It was a pretty cruisy affair really, only had some minor issues, all of which we already knew about and all of which we are assured will be fixed
Our SS has been wonderful!

Handover next monday!!!
And then it all happens, i've organised floors and blinds to go in that week so we will be moving the week after into a pretty much finished home! We're told our driveway is being done this week, with landscaping to be done next week after handover, couldn't be happier with the fact that I'll have a fully landscaped front yard prior to actually moving in!

Our PD experience has been a very happy one for the most part, except for a few administrative flaws, we're very happy to have made the decision to build PD!

Good luck to everyone else's build!

Hi trudyx,

That's fantastic news! So glad to hear that you're happy with your decision to build with PD and excited that your house is one step closer to being a home

Cheers,
Ebony.
Update on our build..
Bricks are almost done, just little bits under the windows and doors left to do now.
Roof done, doors in, windows in, electrical, plumbing, data, heating and cooling in. Plaster and cornices in. I was impressed to see the plasterers working Saturday and Sunday to get it done!
Not bad for week 7! I'd expect lockup invoice to arrive soon, the last bits of the bricking has taken a while compared to the rest of the work, but I'm not complaining!
I'm off to Sydney for a week for work, so I'll miss my daily visits, but hopefully I'll come back to some big changes!
We had our PCI on Friday arvo and there's a long list of defects with a couple of a big ones - PCI Issues

The annoying bit is that the SS was supposed to call me on Monday to organise a time for meeting and signing off the list of issues, but he hasn't called me yet. Today I got a email response from him that he'll call me today and that he's got everything booked in. But to my surprise he didn't call..
And how can he fix issues without even a sign-off or agreeing on a fix !
Has anyone added caesarstone to the laundry benches after handover? Any recommendations for doing this?
Wateman
Update on our build..
Bricks are almost done, just little bits under the windows and doors left to do now.
Roof done, doors in, windows in, electrical, plumbing, data, heating and cooling in. Plaster and cornices in. I was impressed to see the plasterers working Saturday and Sunday to get it done!
Not bad for week 7! I'd expect lockup invoice to arrive soon, the last bits of the bricking has taken a while compared to the rest of the work, but I'm not complaining!
I'm off to Sydney for a week for work, so I'll miss my daily visits, but hopefully I'll come back to some big changes!

Hi Wateman,
Sounds like everything is coming together quite nicely! I’m sure that there will be quite a few good changes when you return from Sydney. Keep the updates coming

Cheers, Ebony.
Hi Ebony,

We will be building the waldorf 48 soon and I really like the colour selection of the display in bernly gardens. How do I get a list of all the colours used such as paint, tiles etc

Thanks,
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum