Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral homes - Marcoola - Pimpama

Page 24 of 25
Ditto with Skye! Ours always looks wet.. i have to bend down and feel it to check lol

Looks so much better

Driveway looks awesome

thanks guys! Will post once it's sealed too

M A R C O O L A 3 2 - Coral homes
Ryalls_first_build
Ditto with Skye! Ours always looks wet.. i have to bend down and feel it to check lol

Looks so much better

I thought I was the only weirdo to do this

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
Hey Skye, your house looks amazing!!!! It has made me sooo excited for ours to get started! Where did you get the driveway sealant from? And what is the name/brand of your interior tiles?
Skyepie
goldcoasthome
Oooh loving the driveway!! This might sound silly but what is the difference between a sealed vs not sealed driveway? Does it look different?

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Thanks huni! So a sealed driveway will remain and even colour. Most have a shine or gloss in it, so it kind of has that dark, clean, wet look to the driveway. Without sealant the cement becomes water marked and supports mould and other microbial growth and residue chemical build up. You don't see the tire track marks on the driveway and less likely getting oil staining due to the barrier preventing absorption. This is my understand and basic explanation.... I have seen sealed driveways and they stand out against non sealed, especially as the driveway ages...

Ahhh thanks for clarifying!

Follow my build - Newlyweds First Home - Hallmark Homes Coomera QLD
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t
Today I painted the garage floor! All by myself while hubster was at work!!!
I knnoooooowww right! I'm pretty amazing 🤣 (really I am softening him up so I can get the couch that he doesn't really like
)

Lucylivesey
Hey Skye, your house looks amazing!!!! It has made me sooo excited for ours to get started! Where did you get the driveway sealant from? And what is the name/brand of your interior tiles?

Hi Lucy,
Our tiles from Beaumont's. I'm not sure what either tile is called as I can't find my variation but f your really want to find out I can reply with the names tomorrow... I have spare tiles out the back and should be able to find the names on the box, surely!! (It's just dark and I'm scared of toads jumping out at me so will wait til tomorrow to look lol)

You are amazing it looks fantastic! I think you'll have yr couch before you know it!

Surely this should get you the couch

Ps it looks awesome!! Looks a million times better

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oops forgot to ask what did you use?

It looks awesome!! Well done!!

Thanks gang! I used concrete paint (see pic) grabbed it from Bunnings. Cost about $180 and did two coats on a standard double garage with some
Left over. I chose "Slate Sole" as the colour. I added sand to the second coat and it came up perfect! However you can pay more to get there grip to add to the paint however it's just expansive sand to me. (I got 3 cups of sand form then Brickies building next doors house for free)

I better get my couch

That looks so Schmick! Sadly I have to pay someone to do it because with 6 months of use, it needs alot of prep before it can be painted. But that's what I'll be doing next month hopefully!

vonsta76
That looks so Schmick! Sadly I have to pay someone to do it because with 6 months of use, it needs alot of prep before it can be painted. But that's what I'll be doing next month hopefully!

Awesome Von!! You won't know yourself walking on such a schmick garage floor!! And no more concrete dust walking into your house
you can prep the floor using Hydrochloric Acid, or purchase concrete prep (same brand). We just pressure sprayed ours and was fine. Is it going to cost you much to get someone to do it for you?? I have come to love DIY projects. I don't know whether it's just a phase being a new first home owner or if I have a "thing" for it... I hope it sticks around

Honestly, I was so surprised at how grubby the garage concrete was at handover... do the trades not care about other peoples houses?

Thanks for pic you did a great job! I hope I feel
Like DIYing when ours is finished too

Skyepie
vonsta76

Awesome Von!! You won't know yourself walking on such a schmick garage floor!! And no more concrete dust walking into your house
you can prep the floor using Hydrochloric Acid, or purchase concrete prep (same brand). We just pressure sprayed ours and was fine. Is it going to cost you much to get someone to do it for you?? I have come to love DIY projects. I don't know whether it's just a phase being a new first home owner or if I have a "thing" for it... I hope it sticks around

Honestly, I was so surprised at how grubby the garage concrete was at handover... do the trades not care about other peoples houses?

Skye, I wanted to get a pro in because it's not just dirty or dusty, there's oil patches from a minor leak, and some concrete had been splashed on the surface by the tradies so it's not flat everywhere. I got a quote for $1k for tinted sealing, which includes the cleaning and prepping etc. Would have cost double for epoxy. I'm confident doing the actual painting, but not confident in prepping what with the crap surface.

Skyepie
Thanks gang! I used concrete paint (see pic) grabbed it from Bunnings. Cost about $180 and did two coats on a standard double garage with some
Left over. I chose "Slate Sole" as the colour. I added sand to the second coat and it came up perfect! However you can pay more to get there grip to add to the paint however it's just expansive sand to me. (I got 3 cups of sand form then Brickies building next doors house for free)

I better get my couch

Hi,
I have been a background stalker for a while. Congrats on the new home. It's looking great! Question, did you just paint this with a roller? It looks really good and I'm stockpiling pics and things I need to get done if my house ever gets built....
Thanks

Skyepie
Today I painted the garage floor! All by myself while hubster was at work!!!
I knnoooooowww right! I'm pretty amazing 🤣 (really I am softening him up so I can get the couch that he doesn't really like
)

wow that looks terrific

Coral homes Modified Stradbroke locked out
Looking AMAZING Sky... fantastic job

DIY hobby is addictive... you do something and you like the result, you will continue to do more... you will be surprised how easy it is to learn something new and love doing it... (P.s. but be ready to sacrifice most of your weekends on DIY...lol)
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum