Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Vancouver -Porter Davis

Page 24 of 27
We already had the NBN in our quote as well so this is not included in the costs we spent yesterday, we had 1 light in the alfreco included and 1 outside the laundry included but we upgraded the one at the laundry and added an extra flood light at the back of our house (we had a large block so figured we will need it). We also decided not to do the theatre pre wiring, I just added the cost in case others were thinking of it.

You probably already have done this, but if not, sit down with a copy of your plans and mark out everywhere you may need power points and and TV points. Having this plan ready made the appointment go much smoother.
nikil
We already had the NBN in our quote as well so this is not included in the costs we spent yesterday, we had 1 light in the alfreco included and 1 outside the laundry included but we upgraded the one at the laundry and added an extra flood light at the back of our house (we had a large block so figured we will need it). We also decided not to do the theatre pre wiring, I just added the cost in case others were thinking of it.

You probably already have done this, but if not, sit down with a copy of your plans and mark out everywhere you may need power points and and TV points. Having this plan ready made the appointment go much smoother.

Hmm, I was hopeful that there wouldn't be any extra money to be forked out for the NBN. We'll have to see what the go is I suppose, the impression I got from our sales consultant was that the electrical allowance would only be for lights and powerpoints etc. We're in a new estate, not sure if that would make any difference.

We've got a rough idea of where we would want to have extra power and TV points but actually writing it down would make a lot more sense! Thanks for the suggestion!
Hurrow
nikil

Hmm, I was hopeful that there wouldn't be any extra money to be forked out for the NBN. We'll have to see what the go is I suppose, the impression I got from our sales consultant was that the electrical allowance would only be for lights and powerpoints etc. We're in a new estate, not sure if that would make any difference.

We've got a rough idea of where we would want to have extra power and TV points but actually writing it down would make a lot more sense! Thanks for the suggestion!

Sorry I should have made that more clear, yes our NBN was included at quote stage.

The extra charge shown on my breakdown was for an electrical box in the garage to house the nbn and other electrical switches. It's literally a standard electrical box that you would just assume comes standard in a home! Otherwise everything just goes on the wall in the garage exposed.
Like this...

https://www.surpluscenter.com/productIm ... INET_L.jpg
nikil
lizbf85
nikil
I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed until tender I guess! ☹️

how did you go today? and how did you find it?
you should at least have an idea of your kitchen and tiles cost after today ( biggest extras)

It was really good I've just done a big post. Kitchen culture we spent around $13,000 in total so a lot but I was prepared. We got a nice surprise when we found out we had cat 3 roof tiles, full front render (except top of garage) and the floor we wanted all included as part of our promo!

Wowzers!!! Thats one hec of a kitchen $$ but like weve discussess its the main focus.of the house. And you want to do it right ?

Your colours actually looks very very similar to ours even our floors however we went external for those as we didnt LOVE their floorboards. Plus alot cheaper. Your external colours also look almost the same hahah is that homestead mushroom brick? And what was the render?
fademan
As it turns out, it is a local council rule that the building must be < 50% of the land size....I actually rang them yesterday to check.

The fact that the sales agent knew about it tells me that it isn't that uncommon?

I'm still shocked about 50k site costs, above the standard. It is a flat block on sandy soil!

I see.. i was going to say that our house is definitely more then 50% coverage.
The site costs are crazy... ours was dead flat with no issues. The only thing we ended up with was a over engineered slab! And a bill of over 50k
[/quote]

Wowzers!!! Thats one hec of a kitchen $$ but like weve discussess its the main focus.of the house. And you want to do it right ?

Your colours actually looks very very similar to ours even our floors however we went external for those as we didnt LOVE their floorboards. Plus alot cheaper. Your external colours also look almost the same hahah is that homestead mushroom brick? And what was the render?[/quote]

I can't remember the name off hand, all the paperwork is at home. The brick is the lightest colour in cat 1?

Yes it was expensive but thanks to you I was prepared for that and that bl**dy empty galley really added to the cost. I have just emailed them to change the galley cabinetry to colourtect as well. I had just said do laminate cabinets with the same colour. It kept playing on my mind that it would look silly if its not the same so there's another $$$ on top.

Like you just said though, the kitchen is the most important part of the home and in the Vancouver its the centre of all the entertaining areas.
nikil

Your colours actually looks very very similar to ours even our floors however we went external for those as we didnt LOVE their floorboards. Plus alot cheaper. Your external colours also look almost the same hahah is that homestead mushroom brick? And what was the render?[/quote]

I can't remember the name off hand, all the paperwork is at home. The brick is the lightest colour in cat 1?

Yes it was expensive but thanks to you I was prepared for that and that bl**dy empty galley really added to the cost. I have just emailed them to change the galley cabinetry to colourtect as well. I had just said do laminate cabinets with the same colour. It kept playing on my mind that it would look silly if its not the same so there's another $$$ on top.

Like you just said though, the kitchen is the most important part of the home and in the Vancouver its the centre of all the entertaining areas.[/quote]

100% agree!!! And making it all flow seamlessly i feel like u really wont regret it!
I really doubt I will. I'm so so happy with the choices, I just want it done now. The waiting is going to kill me...
nikil
These are photos from the Vancouver display at Traralgon for anyone who didn't get the chance to drive all the way out to it.

It is beautiful! I just wanted to move in. Loved the paint colour so that has made one of my decisions for tomorrow. I also loved the wall panelling on the entry and lounge walls but they said that costs $2,500 + so much cheaper to do after handover!

Thanks for posting all the photos. Very helpful for design ideas.
nikil
I really doubt I will. I'm so so happy with the choices, I just want it done now. The waiting is going to kill me...

I was the same!! I love ours but given weve beem waiting 12.months there are some colours i may have changed. Beauty of us going white though i think we pretty safe.
lizbf85
nikil

I was the same!! I love ours but given weve beem waiting 12.months there are some colours i may have changed. Beauty of us going white though i think we pretty safe.

Yes neutral all the way I say. We have gone for kitty grey which is a light grey. I can add colour with art and decor (although I probably won't because I'm not a fan of colour
)
nikil

Yes neutral all the way I say. We have gone for kitty grey which is a light grey. I can add colour with art and decor (although I probably won't because I'm not a fan of colour
)

I really really like your colours, im actually a little jealous haha

we just got word today that our walk through is still due for early feb, and settlement still looking like mid feb!!!

wahhhhhh so excited
lizbf85
nikil

)

we just got word today that our walk through is still due for early feb, and settlement still looking like mid feb!!!

wahhhhhh so excited

I'm so jealous!!! Got any more pics? I wanna see it, it all feels so far away right now.

nikil
lizbf85
nikil

)

wahhhhhh so excited

I'm so jealous!!! Got any more pics? I wanna see it, it all feels so far away right now.

Hahah it will come.
We haven't been over for a while however our render looks like its received its second coast. Waiting for paint however paint colour isnt much difference to the point i didnt know if it was painted yet.

It's looking good Liz, have you started packing ready for the move? Have you got everything booked in for post handover, is it just the floors your getting done or are you doing other things too?

nikil
It's looking good Liz, have you started packing ready for the move? Have you got everything booked in for post handover, is it just the floors your getting done or are you doing other things too?

LOL we actually haven't yet no.....still in disbelief i suppose, not to mention our weekends being full of weddings.
I may start some this Sunday, just to at least make a start. We already live 1km away so its going to be a quick trip to and from.

We have booked in our floorboards however this is tenative as i feel the 15th is too soon. ( we have been told it will take 2 days max to install)

We have family doing all of our pendants and down lights which is going to take some time. however it will be the focus for the first month. I would say we whave a solid 4 weeks of work to do before we move in..

Our fireplace is also going to hopefully be installed in this time aswell and of course our driveway and front white picket fence
lizbf85
nikil
lizbf85
[quote="nikil"]

)

wahhhhhh so excited

Hahah it will come.
We haven't been over for a while however our render looks like its received its second coast. Waiting for paint however paint colour isnt much difference to the point i didnt know if it was painted yet.

[/quote]

So close now! Do you remember the name of the colour of your render??

Jess

http://www.buildingthevancouver33.wordpress.com
JessikaV

So close now! Do you remember the name of the colour of your render??

Jess

http://www.buildingthevancouver33.wordpress.com

yeh it was powdered rock. which is very similar to the colour it looks now i think (hope)
what did you use?
lizbf85
nikil

LOL we actually haven't yet no.....still in disbelief i suppose, not to mention our weekends being full of weddings.
I may start some this Sunday, just to at least make a start. We already live 1km away so its going to be a quick trip to and from.

We have booked in our floorboards however this is tenative as i feel the 15th is too soon. ( we have been told it will take 2 days max to install)

We have family doing all of our pendants and down lights which is going to take some time. however it will be the focus for the first month. I would say we whave a solid 4 weeks of work to do before we move in..

Our fireplace is also going to hopefully be installed in this time aswell and of course our driveway and front white picket fence

I would love a white picket fence... but I think I may lose this battle with my partner haha.

Our fireplace will hopefully come at some stage but not anytime soon, maybe a few years down the track if we get around to it. We are getting our pendants and down lights done after as well. Hopefully we will be able
To arrange it for the week we move in, all seems to far in the future to worry about yet.

Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum