Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Harcrest - Adelaide Build

Page 24 of 27
Your house looks lovely, just wondering what roller door colour you went with your house and if that is white sand mortar? ?

heatherkam
Your house looks lovely, just wondering what roller door colour you went with your house and if that is white sand mortar? ?

Hi we were debating the roller door choice the other day. With black being on the front doors and windows as well as the roff we thought we had chosen black HOWEVER we remember choosing paperbark so the house doesnt seem so dark.
We also went with rolled mortar joints in Brighton lite white sand.

What stage are you at Heatherkam - colour choices can be tricky but we have been so happy with the ones we choose
We are at final selection stage so all the exterior colours with fairmont homes, we love your brick so think canyon with white sand mortar, I agree the dark roller door may be too much hubby wants darker render and darker roller door with canyon, I'm not convinced he was thinking jasper or dune but we do agree upon monument roof, ours is single story so trying to figure out if I like the light cladding you have on second story or if darker could suit....so difficult!!

You don't need a holiday to my mad house Pam look at your luxury pad!!!!!!! The flooring looks beautiful, love the warm colour and wow your concreting is super impressive and such a wide driveway (we aren't aloud wide ones, have to stick to some stupid guideline rule
) wooo hooo for the elusive laundry chute it's finally happened
. Your on the home straight now, can't wait to see all your stunning window furnishing hung.

So what are the dates??? BTW what is PCS? I got an email today saying tomorrow I'll betinvited to PCS early next week, then handover in their office
Things are happening as per plan a t this stage. Friday we meet with SS at house for PCI then travel ro city to handover cheque and get the keys 😆
Due to our concrete drying and not wanting cars/trucks in it til later next week we have had to sign a letter to Simonds and the bank
saying that we are happy to have the roller doors installed next Tuesday they are both happy with this.
Our poor carpet guys are sweltering in this heatwave - aircon was planned for Wednesday but we were bumped to Friday as there was a more important install at a home not far from here...TC any ideas 😉 lol

Removalists still booked for Tuesday and thankfully the weather looks milder 😊
Seven days to Christmas and we are nearly in 😊😊😊😊

Waiting for the roller doors now but the front is finished.
Poor carpet guys have worked solidly since 730am - nearly done but its 530pm....in 42 degrees.

Looking amazing.

Handover tomorrow morning 😆

Oops so happy forgot to add the picture 😊

Wow big day tomorrow Pam

Good plan with the roller door, the last thing you want it damage to all that lovely concrete.

Omg your poor carpet men working all day in that heat is so bad
. They have done an awesome job, your stairs look fantastic. From the looks of it they bull nosed your carpet on the stairs

can't wait to get home to read again and look at properly on big computer!!!!! YAYYYYY

Wow, so amazing, what a Christmas present.
I can't see any pics?
Congratulations xx
bluesteel
I can't see any pics?
Congratulations xx

Are you getting a cat picture instead?? That's what I keep getting on tc's thread.

Tribe7
bluesteel
I can't see any pics?
Congratulations xx

Are you getting a cat picture instead?? That's what I keep getting on tc's thread.

I just get a picture of a brick, with the quote "lick me".

Btw the carpet on those stairs looks amazeballs.

Using my LG-G4 to bring you this update.
twin_dad
Tribe7
bluesteel
I can't see any pics?
Congratulations xx

I just get a picture of a brick, with the quote "lick me".

Btw the carpet on those stairs looks amazeballs.

Using my LG-G4 to bring you this update.

Bahahhaha too funny.

Funny bunch on here and that is what keeps us all sane 😆
And yes my carpet looks AMAZEBALLS 😆

Hahaha!

How excitement Pam!
Not my AC. We're not getting our appliances installed until next year.
PS. Looks AMAZINGGGGGGGGG on big computer. Bet you're very happy Pam. Your house has awesome street appeal and the innards are pretty swank too! Is that your trades that did floor and concrete???? If so, good job Simonds team for letting you do that. They don't normally.

I LOVE you concrete. That's exactly what we want ... black. Drive and perimeter. Are you happy? What did it cost, if you don't mind sharing? PM? Or just ignore my nosiness!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/MandyBarlow/Other%20stuff/drivewaynosey_zpsj3knfpnm.jpg

We get our keys Wednesday morning (if we like what we see Tuesday pm at PCS)!

Need I say more 😆😆😆

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!
Merry Christmas!

TomCat
PS. Looks AMAZINGGGGGGGGG on big computer. Bet you're very happy Pam. Your house has awesome street appeal and the innards are pretty swank too! Is that your trades that did floor and concrete???? If so, good job Simonds team for letting you do that. They don't normally.

I LOVE you concrete. That's exactly what we want ... black. Drive and perimeter. Are you happy? What did it cost, if you don't mind sharing? PM? Or just ignore my nosiness!

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b572/MandyBarlow/Other%20stuff/drivewaynosey_zpsj3knfpnm.jpg

We get our keys Wednesday morning (if we like what we see Tuesday pm at PCS)!

Thanks thanks thanks. ....loved being on here with everyone so helpful and kind.

Platinum Concrete are the guys who did our storm water and the gorgeous black paths and driveway. Will PM cost later but definitely recommend them 😊

Related
24/12/2023
Garage builder, Adelaide

General Discussion

Building a new home, and looking for a garage builder (home builder not contracted to do this). Someone to build steel garage (double), colorbond, including supply and…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum