Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Commodore Homes Build in Wellard WA - Moved in!!

Page 24 of 24
Oh awesome! How long from landscape meeting to works commencing do you know?

My thread - viewtopic.php?t=77170
Regarding the landscaping, did you fulfill all the requirements by the landscaping company before booking in the consultation? We submitted our request as suggested at lock up. However, I find some of the requirements strange. eg: paving should be done after the landscaping. Power plug etc in place for the irrigation system. We don't even want the irrigation system because our front is so tiny.

BTW, did the fence company call you for a date of installation? We have some questions but haven't heard from them since the initial email.
Our Honeywood Build
Oh awesome! How long from landscape meeting to works commencing do you know?

My thread - viewtopic.php?t=77170

It's about 2 months so pretty quick actually considering we had heard it was much worse - been booked in for 8th/9th Oct. The girl doing our landscaping was pretty useless though - no helpful hints or ideas

sofia14
Regarding the landscaping, did you fulfill all the requirements by the landscaping company before booking in the consultation? We submitted our request as suggested at lock up. However, I find some of the requirements strange. eg: paving should be done after the landscaping. Power plug etc in place for the irrigation system. We don't even want the irrigation system because our front is so tiny.

BTW, did the fence company call you for a date of installation? We have some questions but haven't heard from them since the initial email.

We still haven't got the lot leveled although that needs to be done 2 weeks prior to them actually landscaping. We had heard there was a long wait for them to actually do the work so booked in the consultation anyway.

The fence company just showed up and did the boundary fence - I did have to push them about getting the additional fencing installed but it got done finally. After they contacted me they actually asked if we wanted them to quote us for additional work - give them a call though if you have any questions, they were pretty helpful.

Oh and an update to the house - we have 3 rooms painted now - the kids bedrooms and the theatre although we haven't moved the stuff into the theatre room yet. The paint we bought loads of has turned out to be a slightly different colour than the sample pot we got - bit bluer than we were hoping, but as we have so much of it the whole house will be done regardless
although it still looks different depending on the light too (see pics below lighter one is same colour)!! We did buy a darker paint for the feature wall in theatre though
I will post more pics when I tidy up a bit

Theatre

Messy boys bedroom
Oh the feature wall in the theater is sensational!!! What color is that? Also the bluish one is nice too, what one is that?

First Build, Commodore Homes, Honeywood, Wandi.
viewtopic.php?t=77170
Is the lighter wall in the theater the same as the kids room? Looks so different

viewtopic.php?t=77170
Very nice colours! Settling into the house nicely? Good to hear from you!
Looking great.
thanks for the reply.

Our Honeywood Build
Oh the feature wall in the theater is sensational!!! What color is that? Also the bluish one is nice too, what one is that?

viewtopic.php?t=77170

The feature wall is Dulux Oolong and the ligher colour is Taubmans Cascade Ice - and yes it is the same paint in the Theatre as in the kids bedroom.

No painting done this week but we did manage to level out the front garden to in preparation for the landscaping and we also plan on doing the back retic soon too. We were talking to our neighbour and their landscaping isn't being done until the end of Sept and they have already been waiting over 2 months so I think we got pretty lucky!!
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum