Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

chandler alfresco in the barossa

Page 24 of 26
Moving day...Congratulations hachy and co.... New House whoot whoot
Congratulations Hachy! So excited for you guys. It feels like it has gone so fast. Have fun finishing off your beautiful home.
We haved moved in, that is pretty much it.
All stuff is in but just everywhere and havent cleaned anything or unpacked. what a fun weekend we have planned, lol.
Oh and have to go grocery shopping.
Congrats Hachy!! Very exciting
Congrats Hachy!! Hope it is everything you wanted!
Congratulations, hachy. Hope you enjoy living there. Hope your new home makes the unpacking and cleaning and grocery shopping more enjoyable.
Congratulations! Enjoy the unpacking lol
How long did your build take from Siteworks to moving in. Seems so FAST....have to be happy with that.

Must have been exciting to move in, way exciting

Congratulations and enjoy
Hope you are enjoying your new home!
helloooooooooooooooooooooooo to anyone still reading this.

we are slowly getting there, our blinds are up, and most of house is clean but we still have some de cluttering and sorting to do.
now we are going to start paying a mortgage and all of our money has gone we are very stressed.
no money left for gardens, clothes lines etc and have no idea where it is going to come from, still hoping for a lotto win of 20k or so

we slept on a mattress on the living room floor on the first night we moved in as we were moving for a good 11-12hours between houses and we were only 1 suburb away. we moved everything with just an enclosed furniture trailer and only had myself and hubby moving everything so hence why it took forever, not much in the way of man power and also having the kids for part of it didnt help.

this is the what we woke up to on our first morning waking up in the house, lol.

we moved our pool to the back/side of house

extra paving we had done after hand over as the perimetre paving just stops in stupid spots

roman blinds in front lounge room(different sized ones but same colour through rest of house excluding laundry and bathrooms)

fenced off area that will contain rainwater tank and veggie patch.

paving to alfresco area
Looks great hachy, you and your hubbie sound like hard workers so hopefully some saving and a bit of diy might get some landscaping done. We will be in the same boat, not easy with kiddies!
Of course we are still reading this. I love that people keep us up to date once they move in!! Nice to see the house looking lived in!!
Paving looks great! As FairmontSAcustom says you sound like hard workers, it might take a little bit of time to get everything done but patience is a virtue and it will all come together eventually.
Love your blinds and paving, hachy. I haven't really thought about Roman blinds--will be giving them some consideration now I've seen yours, they look really lovely. I can also see why you wanted to extend the paving--it's such a shame that the perimeter paving was so minimal without thought to how it needs to be used. We seem to need to know in advance what to ask for, but until we see what we are getting, we have no way of knowing if what we've asked for is what we want.

Moving day must have been exhausting. You would probably have been able to go to sleep on the bare floor after such a strenuously active day.

I think almost everyone with a mortgage has the feelings you are experiencing, and has to scrimp and save for home ownership. Your DIY attitude will see you through. You might have to wait for a bit to get everything exactly how you want it, but the wait will be worth it.

And, thanks so much for posting. I agree with the others, we want to know and see how you are getting on. Sharing our builds with online friends is just the same as sharing with friends/family you know personally.
Looks great Hachy
was hoping you'd put another update now you've moved in
Hope your all enjoying the house!!
_lucinda
Love your blinds and paving, hachy. I haven't really thought about Roman blinds--will be giving them some consideration now I've seen yours, they look really lovely.

Second that, stuck for ideas on blinds and the romans do give that something extra....research to be done

Must be fun settling in, swimming pool looks like is getting ready for summer
hachy

roman blinds in front lounge room(different sized ones but same colour through rest of house excluding laundry and bathrooms)

Hey Hachy did you do your own blinds or did someone else do them for you?

Interested to know a cost.

Cheers, Met
Metroid
hachy

Hey Hachy did you do your own blinds or did someone else do them for you?

Interested to know a cost.

Cheers, Met

we ordered them through iseekblinds.com.au and hubby hung them himself.
if you go on there website and put in the measurements and type of blind and fabric it will quote the blinds up for you.
Looks fab Hachy!!

Hubby did a great job hanging them...

The house is looking great too, you must be so happy to finally be in!
Are you happy with the quality? We've been looking at blindsonline.com.au but I'm happy to look around at other online retailers. Our locals want over 50% more per blind and on 12 blinds that makes a pretty sharp difference...
Metroid
Are you happy with the quality? We've been looking at blindsonline.com.au but I'm happy to look around at other online retailers. Our locals want over 50% more per blind and on 12 blinds that makes a pretty sharp difference...

A friend of mine used blindsonline and got a combo of rollers, venetians and panel glides. All really nice quality and look no different to the ones that the retailers use.
She DIY'ed it herself and said it was foolproof, saved $$$ on what a few blinds places were going to charge her for measure, supply and fit.

I am keen to hear what they are like as well, and check out iseekblinds as well, just as an alternative...
Related
27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum