Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our build - Settling In :)

Page 24 of 24
Hi Eddie, how's all the moving and settling in going?? Is is strange being the first ones in? Hope you two enjoyed your first Christmas there and Happy New Years also. Shaz
Hi everyone, hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year, just wanted to say we are in the house and all is good at the current stage in terms of loving the house, there are a few issues that we have forwarded to Celebration Homes today otherwise everything is okay...we have all our basic furniture and the house is live-able, fence is meant to go up the week of the 20th so I am really looking forward to that security, sorry for my silence but we had no connection from the 20th until just before New Year.
Hey Eddie good to hear you are in an settled and enjoying it
Thats good everything is going well.. hope fencing goes up sooner..
Happy new year Eddie! That's great to here you're enjoying your new home
Happy New Year Eddie, glad you're settling in and enjoying the house
Woke up this morning to a guy from the fencing company drilling into the limestone at the back of the house, and a ton of fence on the front of the house, so it would seem our fence is finally getting installed, will be much happier once thats done
Just hope you plan on uploading some more photos soon!
Metroid
Just hope you plan on uploading some more photos soon!
Great news about the fencing and settling in.
Great news on the fence. Had a drive past the otehr night while checking our block..Looks great

Once fence & front landscaping done will look fantastic!!
Congrats on the fencing starting - may I ask who you used for the fencing as I need some quotes?
Cheers.
The fencing was installed by the developer through a company called Treacey fencing.

Just requested our tiles get delivered, we purchased them through a company called Designer Tile Studio in Clarkson...we payed just about $4500 for the tiles after we were recommended by someone else and the guy complained that we lived in Ellenbrook and asked if I was "having a laugh", who sells $4500 worth of tiles, complains they are taking up space "out back" and that they need delivery to Ellenbrook, great tiles though.

Also was wondering if anyone was aware, do we NEED to use the free front landscaping included with the block or can we do our own thing? Don't know if its just me but I don't want the front of our house to look like the bush -.-

Also, any recommendations in terms of carpet companies folks?
itzeddie
The fencing was installed by the developer through a company called Treacey fencing.

Just requested our tiles get delivered, we purchased them through a company called Designer Tile Studio in Clarkson...we payed just about $4500 for the tiles after we were recommended by someone else and the guy complained that we lived in Ellenbrook and asked if I was "having a laugh", who sells $4500 worth of tiles, complains they are taking up space "out back" and that they need delivery to Ellenbrook, great tiles though.

Also was wondering if anyone was aware, do we NEED to use the free front landscaping included with the block or can we do our own thing? Don't know if its just me but I don't want the front of our house to look like the bush -.-

Some people are unbelievale are just not happy making money if it puts them out a little. Most would jump at a $4500 order even if delivery was 30-40 mins away.

We're the same as you when it comes to our front. Have you contacted the landscapers to find out what they can & can't do?
Eddie, you dont have to use the landscaping from stocklands. A few in our estate havent and got away with no two trees out the front. we are using the landscaping as saving any money to us is a bonus.. pretty happy with our sketch up from landscapers
John + Ash
itzeddie

Some people are unbelievale are just not happy making money if it puts them out a little. Most would jump at a $4500 order even if delivery was 30-40 mins away.

We're the same as you when it comes to our front. Have you contacted the landscapers to find out what they can & can't do?

Yeah, they basically send you a PDF with your design options and limitations, and to be honest we hate them all. I can forward it to you if you like.

@Nicci - We were gonna go on a drive round to see if anyone in our area had done something unique, we would jump at the options we have been given but they are pretty poor, I am not a fan of the natural bush look and thats what they are pushing.
itzeddie
Yeah, they basically send you a PDF with your design options and limitations, and to be honest we hate them all. I can forward it to you if you like.

Thanks Eddie if you wouldn't mind.

I'll PM you with my email address
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

22/01/2024
Builder connecting our new toilet for his trades

Bathrooms and Laundry

"Losers" "humanity" "off time" "your" "top notch" "love symbol" Sounds like ponzo is done using other people's toilets

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum