Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 24 of 364
To have the backyard we want desperately.. (siting issue.. irregular frontage of the block..)
I will have to flip my house.. so that the Garage will not be on the crossover side.

We plan to do a fair bit of concrete in the front.. so getting the car in/out of garage wont be an issue..

Do you think it is that doable or is it gonna be an issue?
(It will meet all other setback requirements..)

Thanks
In most estates crossovers can be relocated for a fee, so you should be able to do this.

If your plan is to not move the crossover - I doubt the planning departments of your estate would allow a garage to be built without direct access to the crossover.
Jayneylou
In most estates crossovers can be relocated for a fee, so you should be able to do this.

If your plan is to not move the crossover - I doubt the planning departments of your estate would allow a garage to be built without direct access to the crossover.

And do we have to apply to move the cross over before we sign the contracts.. or can this be done later

We are planning to sign the contracts before 20th December.. and don't want this to delay the whole thing..
Probably best to ask your local council??

Again, laws vary between each and every council. Best to ask them, so you dont get confused..
**UPDATE**

For those of you who are looking for smaller house designs, Carlisle Homes has some new (modified) floorplans available.

The new designs are:
- Eden 26
- Bradford 20 & 22 MKII
- Lincoln 19 & 22 MkII
- Oxford 20 & 23 MkII

The original Bradford, Lincoln and Oxford designs are now discontinued.
andy
Hi Plakes ,
just noticed you are building at sandarra release 9,we are release 8 building the riverton30,
I am eagerly keeping in touch waiting for the release date ,have you heard anything ?

Hi andy, last week, Kylie (our tender person) said they receive update every two weeks from Sandarra but haven't heard about settlement date on release 7-12. It seems like early next year. As I remember with release 1-6, Trudi (estate manager) sent an email informing the release date 6 weeks pre settlement. So looking forward for that email on release 7-12.
Plakes
andy
Hi Plakes ,
just noticed you are building at sandarra release 9,we are release 8 building the riverton30,
I am eagerly keeping in touch waiting for the release date ,have you heard anything ?

Hi andy, last week, Kylie (our tender person) said they receive update every two weeks from Sandarra but haven't heard about settlement date on release 7-12. It seems like early next year. As I remember with release 1-6, Trudi (estate manager) sent an email informing the release date 6 weeks pre settlement. So looking forward for that email on release 7-12.

we are in release 12 and are eagerly awaiting that email too!! Went there during the week and the gutters in stage 12 are getting done now and they have started to lay some of the road segments too. Hopefully not too much longer! Strange that no one has started with their build though. Would be great to see some houses going up. Seems like quite a few people are building the riverton in our estate. I hope no one is building the house in our street!! I think there is some regulation on that in the covenants for Sandarra!!
Why did you choose to build with Carlisle Homes?

I have started a thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26772

Have your say (good or bad) on the things that affected your decision.

Our brand new microwave and trim kit have been delivered!!

The new vented trim kit doesnt look that bad... looks quite good actually, dont mind it!!

Now just waiting for installation!
BUMP
Have joined this thread now...am excited that we'll be able to put a deposit down in the new year with Carlisle. Have decided on the Bordeaux (switched from the Atlantique) and just waiting to secure land.

Am already deciding on colours and inclusions
Sliding versus bifold, timber v aluminum windows, facades, stairs...
yikes. Doing my head in and I haven't even started yet.

Will be going through Phillip at Tarneit and have been really impressed with them so far (see myother gush in the forum Why are you building with Carlisle
)
Oh S&P - can you change my details on the first post!

Ta
Its good to see, Lindsay, that your happy either way - Bordeaux or Atlantique.

Ive been to the Tarneit Bordeaux, it looks really good doesnt it?

Have updated your details on the first page.
Yeah it does. Still a huge Atlantique fan, but hey I think I could do worse than the Bordeaux!! Actually love the Tarneit display - it really does feel like a home. They've done a great job in presenting it.
lindsay
Yeah it does. Still a huge Atlantique fan, but hey I think I could do worse than the Bordeaux!! Actually love the Tarneit display - it really does feel like a home. They've done a great job in presenting it.

Have to agree with you there..
Took a friend down to my block today - was rather exciting to be able to say it's "my" block. Can't wait till I can say that about "my westburty 26".

Just added colour swatches of my selections to my blog.
Hi everyone,

I'm feeling numb right now, it has been a very horrible day. We had the PCI with Carlisle Homes on Friday and got Kevin to come and inspected our home as well. Everything went really great and I was so happy and looking forward to the new house.
Today my neighbour who is also building a new house next door rang me and said I should come to the property because he spotted some broken windows and think someone has broken in. I went to the house and I was left in tears. Some people have broken into the house and vandalised it. They have destroyed nearly every room - kicked holes in the walls, kicked holes in the doors, threw paint on our beautiful carpets, broke the windows, the list goes on. I rang the police and they have come and gathered evidence.
I have rung both my site supervisor and my CLE but they don't work on weekends and there's no other number to ring so they'll probably ring me on Monday. Just email them the police report too.

I can't understand why people would do this, I'm a hardworking person who is looking forward to moving to her first new home. I already have already organised for my driveway to be done, curtains and furnitures to be delivered and now this has been pushed back to who knows when. Don't think I can sleep tonight.

I'm so sorry to hear... that is such an awful thing to have happen. So heartbreaking - I can't believe anyone would get their kicks from doing this to another person. Hope Carlisle manages to get this fixed for you quickly.

Thinking of you
Jayneylou
I'm so sorry to hear... that is such an awful thing to have happen. So heartbreaking - I can't believe anyone would get their kicks from doing this to another person. Hope Carlisle manages to get this fixed for you quickly.

Thinking of you

Thank you for your kind words Jayneylou. It's especially bad for my mum, she has heart problems so I have to make her stay in the car as she was already so upset. I could hardly bear to walk through the house with the police and looked at the damages, when yesterday I had such a beautiful home.

whereabouts are you building moogle? this calls for constructive action from everyone ,this could happen to anyone one of us.

To prevent this happening again for eg those who are building in the sandarra estate should take turns in driving down after 9pm to check on things and report any suspicious activity, obviously the people who have done this are kids looking for a few kicks .Carlisle should cover the losses ,it only delays things and that cost the owner.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum