Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 228 of 250
Hi! I'm so glad I've found this forum. Just paid the 1,500 deposit to Homebuyers centre last Nov and the 5% land deposit last December
Can't find a schedule to pick our colours yet as Homebuyers says they are fully booked
The whole building process is so nerve wracking
Would anyone know if we pay for the land at settlement, then the title can be under our name, can we thus use the land as collateral for our bank loan to build the house on that same land?
Thank you
LittleGreenTarneit
Hi! I'm so glad I've found this forum. Just paid the 1,500 deposit to Homebuyers centre last Nov and the 5% land deposit last December
Can't find a schedule to pick our colours yet as Homebuyers says they are fully booked
Would anyone know if we pay for the land at settlement, then the title can be under our name, can we thus use the land as collateral for our bank loan to build the house on that same land?
Thank you

Similar situation as you, I've put down a 1.5k deposit to HBC and also a 5% land deposit last Nov.

So, you're planning to pay the whole amount on the land from your own pocket?

Why don't you just take out a land loan and a construction loan? Once the build is done, the loan gets consolidated into one loan.
The money that you intended to use to pay for the land becomes the deposit for the whole loan.
dissimulo
LittleGreenTarneit
Thank you

Similar situation as you, I've put down a 1.5k deposit to HBC and also a 5% land deposit last Nov.

Why don't you just take out a land loan and a construction loan? Once the build is done, the loan gets consolidated into one loan.
The money that you intended to use to pay for the land becomes the deposit for the whole loan.

Thank you. First time to build, so I am completely confused as to what's the best way to go about it.
Have you booked for your colour selection?
LittleGreenTarneit
dissimulo
LittleGreenTarneit
Thank you

Thank you. First time to build, so I am completely confused as to what's the best way to go about it.
Have you booked for your colour selection?

No not yet, I was told I'll get a call from them soon to book in a date, I think they've been flat out so haven't called me yet. What stage is your land and what are you building?
Stage 7 building a eureka 22
How about you?
Wish I can find a display home though to see what colour scheme would look best and to
see the position of the doors and all.
I'm building in Harpley Estate in Werribee, Stage 26 looking at titling in July.
I know what you mean, I'm building the Abode 22 and they don't have a display home for that build either.

I recommend you speak to a mortgage broker to clear things up with regards to what sort of loan you'll need.
Yes. I've booked a meeting with a broker next week.
The abode 22, i think, used to have a display home in Truganina. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=guo4mbKpJus
There is a video of that display home. Here's the link if you haven't seen it yet.
Has anyone widened their Garage and added a rear roller door?

Anyone have any idea what it costs through Home buyers?
choocha
LILPOM
Scalyman
[quote="LILPOM"]

Had walk through Yesterday (tuesday). All was well, very minor things. Overall pretty happy with how it looks ! Will be going back Friday to sign off regarding all defwcts are conpleted. Also getting $6,200 back from them. Woohoo

SS is hoping for handover next week. But this all depends on my bank to do the evaluation and release funds.

Looks really good Lilpom, you must be getting excited. We have been in for just over a week.

Yeah very

We get out keys next week ! Yayyy.

Hi lilpom

Is yours the duke facade?

[/quote]
No its fenton facade i believe

Just got a call from Homebuyers, have booked in for the colour appointment for the 1st of Feb!
I recall the sales rep saying that there will be a 5% deposit required after signing the HIA, but cannot see that being mentioned in any of the booklets. Can someone confirm if that's required?
Kossie
Manchestergrove
Kossie
[quote="Manchestergrove"][quote="Kossie"][quote="Manchestergrove"][quote="Kossie"][quote="Manchestergrove"][quote="Kossie"][quote="Manchestergrove"][quote="Kossie"]So I had a walk through with my SS.Plaster is done and brickwork has started on first floor.Must say that I'm happy so far with the build.Few minor defects
but was sorted out quickly.

Hey Kossie,

Did you upgrade the windows to awnings on the facade? Or are they the standard one?

Also the house to the right in the photo looks like its built over the garage is that the Eureka with the optional lounge upstairs?

Thats all standard and the house next to us is built by Orbit homes.Never heard from them before.

The windows look cool.

The Aspect we are doing is built over the garage. Its a good look for a small house just hanging to see a built photo of it or frame lol.

[/quote]
Yes you're right.I loved the idea of the retreat upstairs but not the laundry when entering the house hence the decision on the Eureka.Also wanted a dedicated home theatre

[/quote]
For 9900 they add the lounge over the garage. Did they tell you? They have a shower to powder option and double vanity option etc for the Eureka.......

[/quote]
They didn't tell me anything.Was really disappointed with the sales consultant.I felt we were being rushed to sign the initial contract.Is the lounge only available for the Aspect or Eureka too?And for the double vanity ,I think you sacrifice some bedroom space as we went to a Eureka where they added a WIR and double vanity with a standard size shower.Would love to get a extra room on top of garage though.

[/quote]
The extra lounge is only for Eureka mate thats disappointing they didnt mention it.

We wanted the Eureka initially and they told us there is that option but the Aspect fit better on the block so we did that.

[/quote]
Whats the size of your block then? Didn't know there was a such a big difference of layout between the 2.

[/quote]
Ours is very small its 16.91 by 15 or 16.

The Eureka need to lose like 30 or 40 cm to fit it but homebuyers can not alter plans. We have a diagonal splay of 3m which made the issue.

I wanted to change builder but we have another house going on with Boutique so we stuck with the one builder.

After our valuation came back for the build things might change tho.

The Eureka is hands down much better design but what can you do.

There is only 2 facades for the Aspect a free one or a 5k one lol.

Anyway hopefully goes ahead soon.

[/quote]
So yours is wide enough but not long enough?Wow.So they couldn't alter just for 30 or 40 cm?There were so many changes we wanted to make but didn't know.Maybe ill do some after handover.

[/quote]
Hey Kossie, hows the house going? Have they started back?

dissimulo
Just got a call from Homebuyers, have booked in for the colour appointment for the 1st of Feb!
I recall the sales rep saying that there will be a 5% deposit required after signing the HIA, but cannot see that being mentioned in any of the booklets. Can someone confirm if that's required?

We are going through Boutique (sister company of HomeBuyers) and they require a 5% deposit on contract signing. It does say this is not required if you use their broker (Resolve Finance).

Jacinta.C
dissimulo

We are going through Boutique (sister company of HomeBuyers) and they require a 5% deposit on contract signing. It does say this is not required if you use their broker (Resolve Finance).

Thanks for that, must be what he was talking about. Will need to have a closer look at the documents. Cheers
I had a 2nd look through the documents and it doesn't seem to make a mention of the 5% deposit required for the contract signing at the colour appointments, can anyone else confirm if they had to make that deposit, or is it just the 1.5k?
dissimulo
I had a 2nd look through the documents and it doesn't seem to make a mention of the 5% deposit required for the contract signing at the colour appointments, can anyone else confirm if they had to make that deposit, or is it just the 1.5k?

When we signed our contracts last year, we didn't pay as it comes out of our slab payment. However I recommend speaking with your colour consultant.

Hi! Our prestart consultant was replaced by Stacey. I can't remember if this is the forum where I've seen her name before. Anyone here who can share any experience with how she is and any advice on how we can prepare for the pre start appointment with her?
We've exchanged only a few emails with her so far and she seems uninterested ?
Hi bugnada, we are building a jasper 17 in June, love the photos you have put up as there is no photos at all of the finished product anywhere to be seen!! How is your deck etc coming along is it 3m x 12m in dimension?
LittleGreenTarneit
Hi! Our prestart consultant was replaced by Stacey. I can't remember if this is the forum where I've seen her name before. Anyone here who can share any experience with how she is and any advice on how we can prepare for the pre start appointment with her?

We are dealing with Stacey and she is brilliant! Really patient and helpful! Any advice would be , have an indication of changes you want to make and she will accomodate, we changed a heap of stuff and she actually made some suggestions to change things without breaking the bank!

They all seem to be flat out at the moment as emails are few and far between but we don't title until June
LittleGreenTarneit

Hey LittleGreenTarneit,

Did they mention a 5% deposit required at contract signing? I've been told it's a new policy just been introduced in the last 4-5 months.
dissimulo
LittleGreenTarneit

Hey LittleGreenTarneit,

Did they mention a 5% deposit required at contract signing? I've been told it's a new policy just been introduced in the last 4-5 months.

Hello, I am building with homebuyers but not using their finance. Because I am using my own finance I need to pay the 5% deposit at the HIA signing, if I was using their finance the $1500 is the only deposit I would have required.
Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum