Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 227 of 250
LILPOM
Woohoo bank did an evaluation yesterday and has released funds. Handover this week 😊😊😊

Great news... Happy for you.

Coolc
Manchestergrove
Coolc
Atherbogan had same issue 12K under.
Builders just pushing their prices or banks are tight on valuations ?

What design are you building ?

I think its the valuer and the bank trying to make more money.

We are getting a second valuation as where we are nothing similar with a high end finish has sold for less than 490k.

Very disappointed with the bank but will see what happens as if it remains I cant see it foing ahead unless the builder wants to provide something of a carrot........

How did it go with Valuation ?

We decided to pay the additional funds to make the build move forward.

Valuation remained low.

But adleast its getting done and hopefully will look great.

Manchestergrove
Coolc
Manchestergrove
[quote="Coolc"]Atherbogan had same issue 12K under.

We are getting a second valuation as where we are nothing similar with a high end finish has sold for less than 490k.

Very disappointed with the bank but will see what happens as if it remains I cant see it foing ahead unless the builder wants to provide something of a carrot........

We decided to pay the additional funds to make the build move forward.

Valuation remained low.

But adleast its getting done and hopefully will look great.

[/quote]

Good to hear. Good Luck mate

Kabella
Just want to say "Hi" and "Thank you"... for all the awesome feedback/advice l have read throughout this thread. We have found it invaluable as this is our first time building and as you all know can be a bit overwhelming.

We have purchased the Vibe 22 and added a kids retreat instead of the standard fourth bedroom.. We have signed the PWC and had the colour appointment already. Can't wait to start building when our land titles next year. Looking forward to watching everyone's else's home building experience with Homebuyers centre, as well. Especially grateful to LILPOM, for your advice regarding the storm interior (white grout intead of the standard grout colour, it saved the day). Cheers...

Welcome! I too have just signed my PWC with land titling next year. I agree with you in regards to the store interior, the white grout looks so much better! Looking forward to reading and keeping up with your journey as well
Hi everyone! We are building the Willow25 in Pakenham. I posted a few pages ago. Today we went to Werribee/west side to look at some themes in person. After looking at the book a million times we fell in love with the mist theme. Especially after seeing it today. If anyone knows someone that chose this theme please tell me if the bathroom comes with cupboards in latte lini like the book or stone grey as in the display house we went to. The booklet and sales people are saying different things so its very confusing
. Also the booklet says laminate changed to Bolero Nordic Grey however guy at sales place said it was the upgrade in the book (diramu brushbox). This was in werribee. Its just so confusing! We did take photos of everything though.
So basically apart from my rant, wanting to speak to anyone who has chosen the mist theme
Coolc
Manchestergrove
Coolc
Atherbogan had same issue 12K under.

It was tough going but I got the go ahead today. I had to let go of my outdoor living area but I'm thinking of getting a personal loan so I can put it back again asi just think my house won't be the same without it. Fingers crossed we start construction by March
LILPOM
Woohoo bank did an evaluation yesterday and has released funds. Handover this week 😊😊😊

Congratulations lil Pom have you got the keys yet. Its going to be an awesome Christmas at yours this year

So good to be in our home

Some pics of the Jasper 17 excuse the mess.

For those worriee about size- spare bedroom in Jasper17 fits queen bed no worries

LILPOM

For those worriee about size- spare bedroom in Jasper17 fits queen bed no worries

That looks Amazing.....congrats

Looks great LilPom. The grey feature wall in the bedroom is cool!
Thanks
couldbt stand everything white had to break it up

You got your Christmas gift lilpom. Happy for you guys.
Looks very nice.

HBC did the featured wall or you guys ? Matches with storm theme.

Coolc
You got your Christmas gift lilpom. Happy for you guys.
Looks very nice.

HBC did the featured wall or you guys ? Matches with storm theme.

I did it myself
it was a colourbond paint - woodlands grey i believe.

Ha yeah very expensive present.

LILPOM
Scalyman
LILPOM

Had walk through Yesterday (tuesday). All was well, very minor things. Overall pretty happy with how it looks ! Will be going back Friday to sign off regarding all defwcts are conpleted. Also getting $6,200 back from them. Woohoo

SS is hoping for handover next week. But this all depends on my bank to do the evaluation and release funds.

Looks really good Lilpom, you must be getting excited. We have been in for just over a week.

Yeah very

We get out keys next week ! Yayyy.

Hi lilpom

Is yours the duke facade?

Hey everyone

Anyone having any idea for how long does the homebuyer builders go on christmas holidays?
We just had our temporary fencing done and now they are on break.

choocha
Hey everyone

Anyone having any idea for how long does the homebuyer builders go on christmas holidays?

We got told most trades comeback last week of January but some do start early . Its annoying we are in the same boat.

choocha
Hey everyone

We were told they would be back on site 2nd week of Jan. Cant wait! Our expected new home inspection is 30th Jan

Thee
choocha
Hey everyone

We were told they would be back on site 2nd week of Jan. Cant wait! Our expected new home inspection is 30th Jan

Thanks thee
I just hope they return on time. mid of jan is not too bad. Good to hear that you are so close, its so exciting

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum