Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 226 of 433
Spotme
sencillez
Hi guys,

We're building a Glendale 45LE and I'm thinking of doing the evap cooling (upstairs) and split system aircon (downstairs rumpus) after handover. I think I've read somewhere that provisions are not required. The electrical consultant said they can provide the provisions if we are doing it post handover.

Just wondering if you have any thoughts on this?
Thanks

Based on my understanding re electrical & a/c installations- Provisions are not required upstairs as they can access the roof cavity (what's the right terminology??) even after handover.

However, provisions are required for downstairs or it will be a pain for wiring to be done, unless you have access to the cavity leading to the rumpus? I just had split system installed in my home and I heard the guys walking all over the cavity to get the wiring done..

I might be wrong! Have you confirmed with the electrician who's doing the work post H/O?

Yes we are doing Evap upstairs after handover and we're told by aircon people that no provisions were needed. We put an 10amp I think provision for future split system cooling in rumpus which cost $200

We are considering splits after handover with a third party, and have been told that our third party should be able to rough in the plumbing before gyprock...

Drew01
We are considering splits after handover with a third party, and have been told that our third party should be able to rough in the plumbing before gyprock...

Take that advice with a grain of salt. I had a definite no from everyone I spoke to asking for 3rd party trade access throughout the build.
pauldab
Drew01

Take that advice with a grain of salt. I had a definite no from everyone I spoke to asking for 3rd party trade access throughout the build.

Melbourne or Sydney?

We're sceptical, but shall see what happens once it's seen in our sale documents we've signed

Oh well, we have bricks on site.

Drew01
pauldab
Drew01

Melbourne or Sydney?

We're sceptical, but shall see what happens once it's seen in our sale documents we've signed

Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
qldben
Oh well, we have bricks on site.

Awesome qldben. Great to see a wrapped up house with a huge delivery of bricks.
Looks like a Lovely colour what are they?

Emmz70

Thanks Emmz. These are the PGH Breaking Dawn, from the standard range. We've opted for off-white mortar.
Beac_faith has the same on her house.
qldben
Emmz70

Thanks Emmz. These are the PGH Breaking Dawn, from the standard range. We've opted for off-white mortar.
Beac_faith has the same on her house.

Oh wow stunning bricks indeed

pauldab
Melbourne, Northern Suburbs

South Eastern, with Designer... I guess we'll see what happens....
Hi all. Am thinking of building the Hampshire with Metricon but I just have a quick question regarding tiles. The standard inclusion tiles are pretty small in size right? How much are people usually spending on upgrading tiles?

emmyawards
Hi all. Am thinking of building the Hampshire with Metricon but I just have a quick question regarding tiles. The standard inclusion tiles are pretty small in size right? How much are people usually spending on upgrading tiles?

Emmy depends which state you are building. If in NSW the you go through National Tiles and standard is either 400x400 or 450x450 ones. Other tiles are upgrades.

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Orpheus
emmyawards

Emmy depends which state you are building. If in NSW the you go through National Tiles and standard is either 400x400 or 450x450 ones. Other tiles are upgrades.

@Orph

I'm building in Victoria.

emmyawards
Orpheus
emmyawards

@Orph

Even better. In VIC you have 2 options I believe, through NT or Beaumont (more cost but they have bigger range). Wished we got Beaumont as an option in NSW....

@Orph

emmyawards

Check the tile allowance in your contract. We are building a designer range and I think allowance is $31/sqm. I then went on National Tiles website and had a look at tiles I liked and their cost . I used the difference between allowance and cost on website as a rough guide of out of pocket costs.. The size of tiled areas incl bathrooms is approx the size of downstairs area..

emmyawards
Orpheus
emmyawards

@Orph

Hi Emmy

Check out my thread. I posted some tile pics this afternoon as I just had my tile appointment with Beaumont tiles. There standard size are 400x400, we went with 300x600 and that is considered an upgraded tiles and installation upgrade to.

I visited a Metricon neighbour today and he said to make sure you upgrade range hood. The standard they offer is 900mm glass canopy but is not suitable for 900mm oven. The vent is too small.
Here it is

Thank goodness I selected under mount one
Emmz70
I visited a Metricon neighbour today and he said to make sure you upgrade range hood. The standard they offer is 900mm glass canopy but is not suitable for 900mm oven. The vent is too small.
Here it is

Same here but should we get a wider rangehood?

@Orph

Orpheus
Emmz70
Here it is

Same here but should we get a wider rangehood?

@Orph

Our poor neighbour thought the vent was 900mm as well but it suits a 600mm perfectly

I guess it's one of those things you overlook

emmyawards

Hi Emmy,

The standard floor tiles in qld are 450x450 ceramics from Metricon tile studio. While they are nice and come in a good range of colours they are a bit on the small side. The upgrade depends on the tiles you choose. We were quoted $12k for 600x600 porcelain rectified tiles but went for a cheaper ceramic 600x600 tile for the mail floor for around $6k.

Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum