Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 224 of 862
Alpal
Sammyjane31
That's terrible eli-kay123!! Definitely karma back to them! Not sure why they would take a gas metre, probably because it makes someone else's life a littel harder!

Fingers crossed move in goes well! When you get a moment please post some pics of your home completed!

Best of luck!

+1 - who ever has taken this is an idiot...
The reason I say this is the Gas service provider owns the meters, and they are the only ones that can install it. No one will buy this off anyone - unless the guys plans to hook up the meter on the sly - he would have to be in the industry to make that happen.

Yes, I agree, how can they use it. All I can say it's either a disgruntled Origin worker or a tradie. Hubby is in the que now waiting to speak to Origin to tell them to track it back to the worker who allegedly installed it to see what happened and we want to see paperwork of such delivery. We believe it was never installed and the fact the orignal cap is still on the pipe shows this. The person who allegedly stole it wouldn't have had the cap to put it back on as I would assume the cap would have be taken off by the Origin worker and discarded. WE JUST WANT A F**KING GAS METER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Update to the missing Gas Meter. Hubby spoke to Origin and demanded proof that the gas meter was installed because he believed it never arrived. Origin rep tracked down our gas meter and found that was installed at a completely different address and suburb (Point Cook). Well hello, why didn't they check this at the beggining. It has taken numerous phone calls and they even wanted a police report done when they should have just done the check in the first place. SS had a go at Origin because they wanted him to file a police report when all along it was sitting at another address. I don't know what happens now but Origin will try and get one for us tomorrow and probably this means unhooking the one at the Point Cook and delivering it to us. lets hope the gas hasn't been used because we aren't paying for it. In any case SS seems to think something shifty may have gone on possibly with a tradie and he will look into it further as to why it's sitting at the Point Cook address.
thebigbuild
I had to request the PD rewards pack from our BC specifically. But she was super prompt as they both have been; it arrived a day later.

Isn't this the card that your BC gives you when one signs the contract.
tstr1a
J & C
thanks everyone that have replied back regarding the driveway and landscaping question. This was built in our house price as a part of the promotion so ended taking it up. I agree it was quite expensive, we ended paying $7700 for driveway (concrete) and front landscaping.

Has anyone changed the designs of their cupboards either in the pantry / kitchen to include a wine racks. Our first BC informed us that we will not be charged for modifications we make to the designs but the second BC informs me she will check with estimating...quite contradictory...Looks like its different strokes different folks...

That's the difference between a good bc and a bad one. Som ppl are either lazy or inexperienced

I agree...It has been one month since she has been assigned to us and we never received the "introductory" call from her until I left a message for her to call me back yesterday. I initiated the email trail too.

That's the level of customer service when you are building a "Prestige" home and spending your hard earned money. I guess some of them just don't care...Should we be delighted!

I am only hoping she delivers when it matters...only time will tell

Its a mistake by PD management get customers to rate the BC at the time of signing the contract, they should get us to rate all PD employees (we are involved with) when the house is delivered, this will ensure that people involved in the process are interested in the customer till the very end.
Well bricks started for us today and they got a bit done. Had a freak out when I saw them though as I was convinced they weren't the ones we chose as they have an orange brick/detail thrown in. I rang Austral to confirm that they haven't changed the process since they supposed "deletion" of this brick from their range and was told they've never discontinued this brick and it's always had the orange contrast thrown in.

We chose the Lonsdale based on a house we'd seen built with it so rang Hopetoun as well to confirm and yep same brick. Hoping it will settle a bit once it's all put together but at the moment a bit nervous that we've chosen the wrong one.

On top of that I'm very annoyed that this brick has never been discontinued according to Austral so why the hell did we have to go through the carry on of choosing a new brick in the middle of our holiday. AAARGGGHHH! Still waiting on a response from our BC who hasn't responded to my last email (Monday) when I told her I wasn't impressed.

Moving on to other issues, texted my SS as we're having capped waste & hot and cold water points outside our Laundry for an outdoor shower. The plumber has put the caps at about 100mm from floor instead of 1100 and there's no waste pipe.....of course the brickies have bricked around that bit already
He's going to check it out tomorrow.

Such a cheery post from me tonight

Elikay, very excited for your move in and can't wait to see pictures. Shame about the Origin balls up but sounds like you'll have it in time.
Hello,
Well I've been in our house for 3 months now & have to say very happy.
We had our 3 month Maintance meeting on Monday and all very minor things.
From the moment we moved in PD have been outstanding with following up any issues we've had. Very happy customer

Mel
JLD
Well bricks started for us today and they got a bit done. Had a freak out when I saw them though as I was convinced they weren't the ones we chose as they have an orange brick/detail thrown in. I rang Austral to confirm that they haven't changed the process since they supposed "deletion" of this brick from their range and was told they've never discontinued this brick and it's always had the orange contrast thrown in.

We chose the Lonsdale based on a house we'd seen built with it so rang Hopetoun as well to confirm and yep same brick. Hoping it will settle a bit once it's all put together but at the moment a bit nervous that we've chosen the wrong one.

On top of that I'm very annoyed that this brick has never been discontinued according to Austral so why the hell did we have to go through the carry on of choosing a new brick in the middle of our holiday. AAARGGGHHH! Still waiting on a response from our BC who hasn't responded to my last email (Monday) when I told her I wasn't impressed.

Moving on to other issues, texted my SS as we're having capped waste & hot and cold water points outside our Laundry for an outdoor shower. The plumber has put the caps at about 100mm from floor instead of 1100 and there's no waste pipe.....of course the brickies have bricked around that bit already
He's going to check it out tomorrow.

Such a cheery post from me tonight

Elikay, very excited for your move in and can't wait to see pictures. Shame about the Origin balls up but sounds like you'll have it in time.

Dont stress JLD - we were the same with our bricks..
Once more go on you will find it looks the same as you saw in the display... Its probably due to looking the brick at more detail now then when you checked it out at the display
For those interested...

Well I received a call back from my SS. We were right they are definitely the wrong ones. The order had been placed correctly by PD it was the suppliers error :/

So today they ripped all the wrong one off and now have to wait for the correct architrave to be delivered. my SS said that this should only put us back a day at tops and even then they should be able to catch up.

So glad it's all sorted and so thankful I have suck a kicken SS!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
Great news Cattycat- we went by last night and saw most of our cornices are installed:)

We were advised our kitchen, bathrom cabinets will be installed next, what is after that? Painting and how long does it take to paint a single storey home?

Thanks!
eli-kay123
Update to the missing Gas Meter. Hubby spoke to Origin and demanded proof that the gas meter was installed because he believed it never arrived. Origin rep tracked down our gas meter and found that was installed at a completely different address and suburb (Point Cook). Well hello, why didn't they check this at the beggining. It has taken numerous phone calls and they even wanted a police report done when they should have just done the check in the first place. SS had a go at Origin because they wanted him to file a police report when all along it was sitting at another address. I don't know what happens now but Origin will try and get one for us tomorrow and probably this means unhooking the one at the Point Cook and delivering it to us. lets hope the gas hasn't been used because we aren't paying for it. In any case SS seems to think something shifty may have gone on possibly with a tradie and he will look into it further as to why it's sitting at the Point Cook address.

Hi eli-kay123,

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve experienced with your gas metre, I can understand why this would be so frustrating for you. It’s nice to see that your SS has been supportive as well. Good luck with sorting this out and your move on the weekend, be sure to let us know the outcome. Cheers, Ebony
Mel_mox, glad to see you back on here. We are happy too, a few minor things left over from our PCI and 3 month inspection still to be fixed, will definitely see that these are taken care of at the 12 mth one next month. Love the house though, it is good to be home!

J&C you will have a chance to air your thoughts, there is one more survey done at the hand over of keys on completion. Eli-Kay, I hope your gas meter is sorted soon and good luck with your move!
Alpal
Dont stress JLD - we were the same with our bricks..
Once more go on you will find it looks the same as you saw in the display... Its probably due to looking the brick at more detail now then when you checked it out at the display

Thanks Alpal, you'll be shocked to hear that after my visit today I'm already starting to come around
Will put some pictures on my thread in a minute.

SS has redeemed himself, he's always been really good so was a bit hmmmm that he was putting off our site meeting. After a text late yesterday in arvo he texted back and went to site this morning. Agrees the plumbing is wrong for outdoor shower and has organised the plumber to come back and has suggested we meet on site on Monday.

mel_mox
Hello,
Well I've been in our house for 3 months now & have to say very happy.
We had our 3 month Maintance meeting on Monday and all very minor things.
From the moment we moved in PD have been outstanding with following up any issues we've had. Very happy customer

Mel

Can't believe it's been 3 months already.....glad you're enjoying your house.

cattycatcat
For those interested...

Well I received a call back from my SS. We were right they are definitely the wrong ones. The order had been placed correctly by PD it was the suppliers error :/

So today they ripped all the wrong one off and now have to wait for the correct architrave to be delivered. my SS said that this should only put us back a day at tops and even then they should be able to catch up.

So glad it's all sorted and so thankful I have suck a kicken SS!

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes

Glad it's been sorted Cattycat
One day is nothing!

Sammyjane31
Great news Cattycat- we went by last night and saw most of our cornices are installed:)

We were advised our kitchen, bathrom cabinets will be installed next, what is after that? Painting and how long does it take to paint a single storey home?

Thanks!

Wow, it's going so fast Sammyjane! Can't tell you how long as I can't remember from our last build but about 1 week and a half comes to mind??

Sent my youngest off to first day of school today and went shopping with my Mum....really need to stop buying things for a house that's not even built yet
G'day everyone,

Good to see things are coming along well for everyone. Best of luck for your move today Eli-kay... it's gonna be a hot one!!

Our progress is feeling a little slow, primarily due to our brick not being available. Our roof is done, house is wrapped, ducted heating / cooling is in, along with internal plumbing and smart wiring... and that's really about it. The ducted vacuum system also went in, but the points were all fitted in the wrong spots (we were very clear on where we wanted them, and it seems the DV guys came through without the prior knowledge of our SS - anyway, they need to fix it, and we remind them every few days of that fact).

We also got a bit stung with the ducted heating unit. Apparently the standard unit is the Brivis 2PW26, and doesn't support zone control. We paid for 2 zones way back at tender ($500 for the pleasure), only to get told this week that we need to upgrade to the MX30i to actually be able to do it - an additional $630. It's fundamentally their problem, but I so can't be bothered arguing with them...

Bricks are scheduled for delivery this Thursday (9/2), and we are having an on-site mtg with our SS on that day too, so hopefully they turn up and we can get cracking on getting to lock up - although don't know what his brickie availability is like.

Just a question about paint... has anyone upgraded to the 3-coat paint system, or seen the difference on a house that has had it done, compared to the standard 2-coat?
Sounds like it's all happening Rups, even if it's not showing on the outside

We upgraded to the 3 coat but almost by accident. We wanted the 3 coats but when I was talking to the Wattyl reps they said that the type of paint they use for builders is designed to be a two coat system. My Uncle is a Master painter and he said as a general rule 3 coats are best. anyway after talking to Wattyl we were content with the 2 coats but the colour we chose has to be 3 coats so upgrade we did ($2633 - 49sq). In our last house we built I'm sure they did a 2 coat system and it was a great paint job.
Are you looking at upgrading or have you already?
Thanks JLD. We didn't upgrade initially, but think we may do so. We've been given a cost of $1950 for our 33 squares, so that fits with what you were charged.

What I don't want to happen is to go with the 3-coat and still be fed the 'glancing light' excuse...
Always a worry that the paint finish might not be right but $1950 is a lot cheaper than getting a painter in to do another coat afterwards. That's how I justify the cost anyway

I'm also curious as to whether I'll be able to tell that they've done the second rolled on coat....time will tell.
JLD
Always a worry that the paint finish might not be right but $1950 is a lot cheaper than getting a painter in to do another coat afterwards. That's how I justify the cost anyway

I'm also curious as to whether I'll be able to tell that they've done the second rolled on coat....time will tell.

I also thought about this but I have 2 kids under the age of 6 so suspect the walls will get a hammering. Did not want to spend the money and find out scratches and marks were all over it a month after.

Will wait until they get older before seriously looking at 3 coats
A 2 or. Coat system is still not enough for new house. The second time you paint the house you will notice a big difference
Thanks guys...

T - not sure what your post exactly meant... I gather what you are saying is that 2 coats aren't enough for a new house, but 3 coats will provide a noticeable difference (for the better)?
No Rups, I think he means regardless of how may coats it won't be til you repaint that you notice a difference. I'm assuming T you're talking about how the plasterboard absorbs paint?

Our last place we had a fabulous painter and they only did a 2 coat I'm sure. It comes down to how well they prep plaster joins etc.

Good luck deciding Rups, we keep second guessing things too. My latest is agreeing to door stops around the house, not sure if I want the white ones or whether I should find other ones and get them installed instead.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum