Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 222 of 224
posemad
Hello folks,

To guys who recently moved in;

Hows your experience on boardband speed at Aurora estate ( lend lease)? Are we getting fiber to home or copper?

Thanks,
All new states get Fibre. They don't install copper anymore.

Hello,

How can I find the BAL rating for a site. I generated the bushfire prone area certificate of my plot, however, it says that the plot is in bushire prone zone. That it. it doesn't say the rating.

As part of the building regulation, if BAL is 'LOW', builder don't have to provide any special requirement for doors and windows. But if BAL is 12.5 or above, builder need to adhere to special requirements. If BAL is low, I will be saving some money!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,
posemad
Hello,

How can I find the BAL rating for a site. I generated the bushfire prone area certificate of my plot, however, it says that the plot is in bushire prone zone. That it. it doesn't say the rating.

As part of the building regulation, if BAL is 'LOW', builder don't have to provide any special requirement for doors and windows. But if BAL is 12.5 or above, builder need to adhere to special requirements. If BAL is low, I will be saving some money!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,

Update: I corrected myself:

Even if the BAL rating is 'LOW', the construction requirements must still meet a minimum of BAL 12.5 as detailed in AS 3959 – 2009.

Ref: http://www.vba.vic.gov.au/consumer-reso ... nformation
measure
posemad
Hello folks,

Hows your experience on boardband speed at Aurora estate ( lend lease)? Are we getting fiber to home or copper?

Thanks,

Thanks Measure,

My question was more like, whether we can explore the full benefit (speed) of optic fibre NBN at Aurora even if during peak hours?

Thanks,
posemad
measure
posemad
Hello folks,

Thanks,

Thanks Measure,

My question was more like, whether we can explore the full benefit (speed) of optic fibre NBN at Aurora even if during peak hours?

Thanks,
You can only get NBN or the estate equivalent. There are no other options. There are no speed restrictions with fibre to the estate.

posemad
measure
posemad
Hello folks,

Thanks,

Thanks Measure,

Thanks,

It really depends on your provider. You can get faster speeds if you pay for it. I was with iinet and the internet would always drop out and we were paying for the top speed. Im with iprimus now and haven't had a problem

[quote defaultattr=""]It really depends on your provider. You can get faster speeds if you pay for it. I was with iinet and the internet would always drop out and we were paying for the top speed. Im with iprimus now and haven't had a problem

[/quote]
Thanks rtforresters!
Hi everyone,

I had posted a few months ago asking about diff estates to buy land around epping/Wollert as we currently live in Lyndarum and wanted to be around the same area.

Anyway we finally put a deposit on a block of land in stage 12 of Eden gardens, anyone else in that estate ?

We are quite excited even though they don't expect titles to be ready till dec 2018 and people are saying more realistically it could be jan-march 2019!!

Not sure why it would take that long but i guess it gives us time to save.

Tania
taniasimcock
Hi everyone,

I had posted a few months ago asking about diff estates to buy land around epping/Wollert as we currently live in Lyndarum and wanted to be around the same area.

Anyway we finally put a deposit on a block of land in stage 12 of Eden gardens, anyone else in that estate ?

We are quite excited even though they don't expect titles to be ready till dec 2018 and people are saying more realistically it could be jan-march 2019!!

Tania

Congratulations!
Can I ask the pricing @ Eden gardens? Is it at-par with Aurora?

Thanks,
Write reply...
posemad
taniasimcock
Hi everyone,

Tania

Congratulations!
Can I ask the pricing @ Eden gardens? Is it at-par with Aurora?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks,

The pricing i think is high like Aurora,maybe a tiny bit more,for example, with Aurora i saw a $448sq block was about 345,000,in Eden Gardens for 424 sq was $345,000 and 484 sq is $383,000.
emerthis
rupeshcha
Who is responsible to do landscape of nature strip?

I believe it's your responsibility as the owner, as per the land sale contract we got with Aurora.

Can we install synthetic turf on the nature strip?

yoyohv
emerthis
rupeshcha
Who is responsible to do landscape of nature strip?

I believe it's your responsibility as the owner, as per the land sale contract we got with Aurora.

There is a guidelines in whittlesea council on what to put or not to put on the nature strip

7th_Cavalry
yoyohv
emerthis
[quote="rupeshcha"]Who is responsible to do landscape of nature strip?

There is a guidelines in whittlesea council on what to put or not to put on the nature strip

[/quote]Have anyone in stage 24 or 25 or in the other side of Aurora did a revaluation of their property how much did it increase ? Ever since ?

7th_Cavalry
7th_Cavalry
yoyohv
[quote="emerthis"][quote="rupeshcha"]Who is responsible to do landscape of nature strip?

[/quote]Have anyone in stage 24 or 25 or in the other side of Aurora did a revaluation of their property how much did it increase ? Ever since ?

[/quote]
Hi cavalry,
I got iconik to come and evaluate the house and he said we could be looking at the $700k mark for the size of our block n house so 480sq n 29sq

rtforresters
7th_Cavalry
7th_Cavalry
[quote="yoyohv"][quote="emerthis"][quote="rupeshcha"]Who is responsible to do landscape of nature strip?

[/quote]
Hi cavalry,
I got iconik to come and evaluate the house and he said we could be looking at the $700k mark for the size of our block n house so 480sq n 29sq

[/quote]Thx RT, wow 700k almost near half the cost.

Yeh pretty good. They sold our previous house for $46 above their estimated price so they are pretty on the mark with their estimation. You should give them a call to suss it out. I was considering selling to get a bigger block lol

rtforresters
Yeh pretty good. They sold our previous house for $46 above their estimated price so they are pretty on the mark with their estimation. You should give them a call to suss it out. I was considering selling to get a bigger block lol

Not now I guess still too many things to do.
a few years down d track I guess

7th_Cavalry
rtforresters

At least you've done your landscaping. We're working on it in november when hubby is on leave

rtforresters
7th_Cavalry
rtforresters

At least you've done your landscaping. We're working on it in november when hubby is on leave

My backyard is still a mess though will do it slowly.

7th_Cavalry
1 of my friend who lives just across our suburb in Roxburgh park got broken into ... looks like home invasion is becoming more and more rampant best to have at least a CCTV and alarm. I do hope Vic police stop these APEX gang

Do you know how they get in the house ? Did they smash down a window/stacker or something was left unlocked ?
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum