Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis - Madison 40

Page 23 of 23
fademan
Hi mik...
How'd your PCI go?
Have you moved in? Enjoying the home? Any surprises?

Our PCI is on Monday, I'm not sure what to expect or what I need to check for...any tips would be very helpful!

Some photos of our home for those looking for inspiration (or ideas of what not to do if you don't like it hehehe!)

Hey Fademan, your house is looking great. We had handover on 2 November. Since taking possession of the house we have had a number of issues including an electrical fault due to hebel installers putting a screw through cable, leaking garage roof, and a myriad of smaller things. So, it has been a bit hectic. Our SS had worked closely with us and we had been through the house a couple of times a week in the last few weeks to point out issues and most were fixed before the PCI. Ours took about 2 hours all up, and was a pretty good process. My SS has been excellent post handover. Main thing it to write a list of everything you have noticed and make sure it gets on the list that you sign off. To be honest, my guy has been good about some things that I forgot at PCI.

Finally finished. Waiting on touchups and hopefully certificate of occupancy arrives tomorrow
Love the photos and the two tone kitchen colours!! You must be very excited to live in!!

Oak floors went in today. They did an awesome job, and no quad!

Carpet next week, then we're done just in time for Christmas.

Here is the driveway and paving. Done on Tuesday, but not quite finished.

I'm going to put a plain epoxy coating on the garage floor between Christmas and New Year's. Getting it from here:

Epoxysupplies.com.au

https://www.epoxysupplies.com.au/comple ... ng-systems

They have flake and metallic systems as well but far more expensive and not really warranted for a garage!

Hi All, We are in the process of building Madison 45 and decided to go external for flooring after handover. In that case PD will leave the skirts on site not painted. Has anyone had experience with putting in floorboards after the builder has finished and if so what is the best way to go about it and approx cost / any installer that you could recommend would be great. Have a great Christmas and wonderful New Year. 😃
Are you building in Melbourne?

We asked for the same thing, but the finishing carpenter installed all the skirting anyway. You should make sure your site supervisor knows so they don't install it.

In either case, we did the flooring after handover and I was extremely worried about what they would do. In our case, the installers removed the skirting, installed the floor, and reattached the skirting all part of the install price! I have had to re caulk the skirting, and patch the nails, but that only took me 3 hours. Easy.

If you're in Melbourne I'll PM you the installer's mobile.

Hi fademan, I am building in Bacchus marsh. It would be great you can share the installer contact with me.
Done

fademan
Oak floors went in today. They did an awesome job, and no quad!

Carpet next week, then we're done just in time for Christmas.

The floors look awesome! Did you have to have quad around the kitchen bench? I thought you would need to if the floor is installed after the kitchen but it doesn’t look that way from your photo.
Hi nafiz82

We are looking to build madison45. Noticed you’ve gone through the build process. Would be great to get in touch with you for some questions we have.

[quote="nafiz82":2n2mx9vv]Hi All, We are in the process of building Madison 45 and decided to go external for flooring after handover. In that case PD will leave the skirts on site not painted. Has anyone had experience with putting in floorboards after the builder has finished and if so what is the best way to go about it and approx cost / any installer that you could recommend would be great. Have a great Christmas and wonderful New Year. 😃[/quote:2n2mx9vv]
MikW
Madison40builder
ETA, I will add some photos later. We are at bricking stage. Have had major delays due to our incompetent supervisor who has now been fired. Things seemed to have picked up again now though. I cant see us being in by mid September. We are building the Madison 40 with the bedroom at the front and the Mayfair facade (the one with the balcony)

That’s frustrating. When did your build start? We are at brick/Hebert stage too, but we have had a good run to date. Our site scrape was 28 Feb. We are also building with front master bed, princess suite for bed 2 with ensuite and guest bed at front downstairs. I really hope you have a good run from here. It is possible with a good site supervisor to finish in September. Depends how good they are at scheduling trades.

Hi MikW

We are also exploring the guest bed at front downstairs and the front master with bed 2 en-suite options for Madison 45. Can you pls share how much did these two options cost extra for you?

Thank you
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum