Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Fairmont Homes CustomKDR - Handover!

Page 23 of 25
I canot believe that your journey is so close to coming to an end! All good things come to those whose wait, especially that bath and of course a certain little man whos arrival is imminent
FairmontSAcustom
I canot believe that your journey is so close to coming to an end! All good things come to those whose wait, especially that bath and of course a certain little man whos arrival is imminent

Thankyou! And yes, it has been quite a wait!
I just called ANZ - the valuation is back and we can pick up the cheque tomorrow morning! Woohoo!

I then called Fairmont - it is too late to bring forward the appliance install to tomorrow but we are having handover tomorrow afternoon, on the condition that we do not use our key in the front door so the electricians can have full access with the construction key until 5pm Monday.

Yippeee!!
Congrats, better now than after the baby makes its arrival!! All the best tomorrow!

Building in Blakes Crossing South Australia - Fairmont Homes
Handover is done! Had a hiccup with the bank but after an hour of sitting in their branch got it sorted in time for handover!

And we had our first dinner in the new house, classy!

Congratulations!
Your house looks so lovely, I remember the fight for the benchtop legs and they look amazing.
Good luck with the baby and keep posting your progress....take it easy x
Congratulations may it be the first of many wonderful dinners together.

I'm such a sook, your pics brought a tear to my eye, they are so sweet and I can almost feel your joy and excitement.
congratulations guys, enjoy making wonderful memories in your beautiful sparkly new home

Building with Simonds in S.A
Congrats guys!!! I love the Dinner Table Box
Well done, you made it!! I can remember those make-do meals when first moved in, great times!!! Enjoy your new home, and as a bonus you will be able to remember the age of the house based on the age of the baby!
Thanks everyone!

We were so excited on Friday!

Now it is just waiting until Thursday to be able to start moving in... DH is putting blinds up tomorrow (today? I am up late again!) and we have people coming out to give quotes on plantation shutters for our bedroom window this week.

The dates everything has happened is funny though:

24 July 2008 - settlement of house purchase
2 August 2008 - we move in (first weekend of August)
6 August 2010 - we move out to QLD (first weekend of August)
29 July 2014 - pay deposit with Sekisui to start building journey
29 July 2016 - handover
6 August 2016 - move in (first weekend of August)

Also, our first dog was born on 24 July 2008 - we remember how old she is by how long ago we bought the house!
Love the pics, cant wait to see the flooring
I got a bit teary too - congratulations what a journey! Keep posting occasionally I think we would all like to see the bubs and the build progress into your families home
aussiepam1327
I got a bit teary too - congratulations what a journey! Keep posting occasionally I think we would all like to see the bubs and the build progress into your families home

Marshall5858
I'm such a sook, your pics brought a tear to my eye, they are so sweet and I can almost feel your joy and excitement.
congratulations guys, enjoy making wonderful memories in your beautiful sparkly new home

Building with Simonds in S.A

Naww.. thank you!

Flooring started Tuesday. Bamboo is about 80% done and carpet starts tomorrow. We are hoping they will all be done by tomorrow night so we can start moving stuff into the rooms.
Kitchen with flooring:

Oh and it's my due date today, but no baby yet!
Hey that floor looks great!!
Babies come when they are ready. Better late than early I spose
Although you must be getting tired by now.
Also, do you have a rangehood? Or are you getting one later?
We do have a range hood - it's in the box next to the window!

We supplied our own appliances. Fairmont installs the appliances as part of the contract but they won't do canopy range hoods.

Floor looks terrific. Nice one!

Best wishes for the upcoming safe arrival of your bub. Thinking of you, and very excited for you!
Giving birth (as you already know) is... utterly terrifying, but also amazing
We have moved in! Kind of. Lots of stuff to still be moved from the old place but we are staying in the new house now. So against the odds, house beat baby! I'm 40+4 today, hoping bubs comes today or tomorrow.

The only room in the house to be finished is DD's!

We kept the bedding, pictures, rug etc a surprise from her and she went nuts when she saw it. Squealing almost burst my eardrums!

The MLP print slipped when putting it up so we need to take that down and fix it. So not a priority right now!

Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum