Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Living Homes

Page 23 of 45
Hey Mel_2302

Our site supervisor is the same and if we do get a response it's a very short reply

Kind of hoped there would be better communication but our build is almost done so won't have to deal with them soon...disappointing though.

Your build has been flying along! They have been working most Saturday's on your house
You must be so excited!

We get random updates but when we have actual questions, its silence. NLH definitely need to improve on this aspect of their service.
Yehh it's getting there slowly about 6 weeks away from completion apparently!

We have only received one call giving us an update the other times it's been is trying to get an update which can take forever to get a response.

Definitely something they need to work on cause other than this it's been a great experience with NLH...

Hopefully your not to far off completion!

Good luck with the rest of it!

We had our brickwork finished last week and the electricals were done yesterday. My own estimates put us somewhere towards the end of August/early September for completion but who knows at this point!
Hello Owners,

Our Site Supervisors are very busy out on the building sites doing inspections daily, if you have a concern about the communication you are receiving please call 1300 366 766. Our admin staff can often help and answer any questions you have as your build is thoroughly documented on our system. Any technical questions can be forwarded to our Construction Manager or Site Supervisors.

Thank you
New Living Homes Admin Team
My site supervisor has contacted me a couple of times but I haven't really gone to him with any questions as things have been moving fairly quickly. I drive by most days so have a pretty good idea what is going on.
Hey @newlivinghomes

If we are having our PCI walk through on Wednesday 29/07 and we find no faults how soon after that approximately would we be able to get the keys to the property?

Thanks
Good luck with your inspection @Newbies
Hi,

I need more understanding on the below points in your tender with NLH on site costs.

Sewerage Connections
Sewerage connection to existing junction of supply authority's main within the property Included boundary. Subject to Sewerage / Water Authorities requirements. Please note that there is no allowance for the extension to the sewerage mains outside the property boundary. - Do they cover extension in your tender? Does it really add to extras when after you sign the contract

Electrical Meter Connection
Provide up to 8 meters of single-phase underground service cable from the existing supply Included authority turret/pillar to the meter box. The meterbox is to be wired to suit a single phase meter.

Piering
Provide concrete piers to a depth of approximately 1 metre to the underside of the slab, to Included even bearing, as recommended by AS2870.

Salinity
Due to the site being in a salinity affected area the following is required;
Included
a) A salinity certificate.
b) 32Mpa concrete to the main ground slab and 300um high impact resistant plastic membrane in lieu of standard.

Note: Any retaining walls should be constructed of salinity resistant materials and the finished external ground, landscape, levels are to be below brickwork due to the affects of the salinity affected ground.

In Provision Allowances for Site Costs,
In accordance with the Building and Design Guidelines, by Jordan Springs, provide the $4,500
following site costs, as specified:
- Provide a 650mm deep dropped edge beam, due to zero boundary construction, in lieu of
standard.
- Provide fire-rated Rockwool insulation to the gutter/roof detail on the side elevation of the
Garage, in lieu of standard.
- Provide flashing to the zero boundary.

I would need the suggestion from this forum on the above points.
Our site supervisor has been great with communication so far. We get an update call each week & we had a few questions which we e-mailed through & got a response the next day! Has anyone changed their internal paint colour? Just wanting to see how much it will cost before I ask the question
Also we called Jade Electrical & made an appointment to meet with them face to face. Their office is quite nice & they were really easy to deal with.
Hi

Has anyone built Maple 10 with New living Homes,

Cheers
Hi,

For Maple 10, Does anyone know how much extra would be the cost to upgrade from standard porcelain tiles to a bigger porcelain tiles.

Also, I heard the standard carpets are not of good quality. Let me know if someone upgraded the carpets to better carpets or tiles.

Cheers,
AB
Hi,

Has anyone made changes to Maple 10 from New Living homes? I do not like the layout of four bedrooms in a row. Any advice? How is Protea 4.1? It is good as per the floor plan but width is less.

Amit
Amit,

I did some changes to Maple 10. We swapped media room with bedroom 4 and made the media room in same line with the kitchen. And Bed room 3 now have bigger BIW.

Thanks
Hi guys.
First home buyer here. Has anyone built the azalea 4? How'd it go? Any feedback? It's on display at willowdale. We've decided on it. Just waiting for our land to register.
Steve_89
Hi guys.
First home buyer here. Has anyone built the azalea 4? How'd it go? Any feedback? It's on display at willowdale. We've decided on it. Just waiting for our land to register.

Hi Steve_89

We are 1st home buyers too and building Azalea4. Currently at brick stage. So far no issues to complain about except for little slow progress. We have done some upgrades and hope it will look better than display house when finished
Steve_89
Hi guys.

Hi Steve_89,

My wife and i are looking at building the Azalea 4 as well. Where will you be building?

DvS-
Steve_89
Hi guys.

Hi Steve_89,

My wife and i are looking at building the Azalea 4 as well. Where will you be building?

Hi Dvs.
We are building at newbrook estate.
Land hasn't registered yet though.
Where are you building?
Steve_89
DvS-
Steve_89
Hi guys.

Hi Steve_89,

Hi Dvs.
We are building at newbrook estate.
Land hasn't registered yet though.
Where are you building?

Oh nice.

Our land hasn't registered yet either, will be June 2016.

Land is at Jordan Springs.

Related
10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

15/11/2023
Kitchen living Dining

General Discussion

Can anyone suggest a house layout where the kitchen-dining - living runs the length across the rear of the house left to right where our best view will be we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum