Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

C Home Building Thread

Page 23 of 24
Hey I'm still months away from construction yet others are at brickwork. I really don't think the revamp has improved admin side of things at all. Manager is aware of how I feel and said he would be interested in my feedback on construction side of things
If they build my house well and things go smoothly & quickly like this house then I may have more faith but I would warn others how slow admin is and that it can take days/weeks to get email replies
yeah I am not sure what the SoR SS is like or if he is the same one you had before when you previously. But I think the construction side of things just comes down too how good your SS is
LeanneR - we finally received our final plans in the mail today, so hopefully off to scheduling and slab soon
Oh that's good. How long between signing off prestart & getting your final plans?

My plans are bout to go to private cerfitier & council. Hoping to sign off on prestart tomorrow. DH called her yesterday as she hasn't replied to any emails and she said she would contact us Friday
It took us 4 weeks Leanne, signed off and handed back Prestart variations on 19/2/13 and received final plans today.

Who have you been emailing? Your CA or Prestart consultant?
Both! Prestart girl didn't reply at all that's why DH called. CA replied to emails today so that's good

4 weeks!!!! Better be quicker than that. I want my plans ready by time we have council approval so we can go scheduling. I'm over delays and waiting.

Do you know when your site report/soil test was done?
Woah 4 weeks! I got told I would be having PCI end of this month Now she is saying within 2 weeks!!!! Grrr
Yes we are so over these delays and waiting also!!!

On our plan it says survey was done on 24/10/12.
Geez you've even been waiting longer than me.
I've been sitting on my hands for the past 4 weeks, assuming that our build had gone into scheduling phase seeing as we sorted out all those PRESTART ERRORS (Leanne knows what I'm talking about, she is enduring the same fate I did with the same pre-start girl). I received this reply:

Quote:
Hi Craig,
Thank you for your email.
The Prestart final plans has not been completed as yet.
As soon as it's completed ***** will send you the final plans to be signed off before I can move your job into scheduling. Once it's in scheduling, it will take approximately 40 days before you job moves into construction. You will then receive a introduction call from a Construction Client Administrator who will provide up an estimated date of slab down and further update during the construction stage of your build.

Thank you for your patience.

4 weeks and final plans are not yet finished?! I found this hard to believe so got in touch with my contact in Commodore Homes who found out why (I won't divulge on a public forum, pm me if you wish). Basically I could have not made contact for 6 months and nothing further would have been done and the error (on their side) would not have been found out. What an absolute joke. They say 40 days for scheduling but it's not uncommon for it to take 12 weeks even with other builders so we're going to end up with a slab in winter that will probably be built on before it's fully cured (I'll quietly pray for a dry winter, though we do need the rain!).

At least we'll be in before Christmas. Maybe.
those of us who are at build n lockup stage have things come to halt for whatever reason n having numerous of delays.

Today is 5 weeks since lock up and I still haven't had mt tiling completed which s normally done 10 days from lockup.
Craig. WTF. PM the details please so I can be a step ahead

I was told just yesterday scheduling is taking 3-4 weeks

I'm even more annoyed my neighbour on left brickwork is half done!! We all got site access and land titles same time. I just don't get it. Perhaps C homes should take on same process as these other builders.
You can even make structural changes at prestart and they still have your plans ready with days
That's terrible craig!! Considering they stuffed up you'd think they would be attempting to make up some time for you!

40 days for scheduling?! Ours was done in 3 weeks and I thought 4 weeks was standard?
I can only assume all of the BGC brands are very slow in administration time just due to the sheer volume of houses they build...
Our CCA is looking after 160 homes for BGC at build.....Craig you will get same girl but don't fear she's brilliant
then what happens after her? LOL.
Cheers Tukann
Hopefully after her your home is ready to move into
The cca loves tukann. The cca hasn't been that great for me. But not the worst either. Prime example site supervisor said I will have pci early to mid march she always insisted that she has me scheduled end of march. Get pci finally 9th of April. And may I add my house been sitting there for several weeks now with nothing done to it.
Question for you all - How long from signed addenda being lodged in drafting to getting final plans/drawings???
A good valid question but it was so long ago I can't remember. My thread would have mentioned it. Somewhere I am gonna have a stab In the dark and say 4 weeks.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum