Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Keysborough Stage 15ers

Page 23 of 24
sherro1
Hi guys,

been absent a while but working and bored so time drop in.

Water bill is payable by you unfortunately. We got and paid same one, basically the moment the land is transferred over to you and the sewerage and drains are hooked up, you pay. Thats why so many people got angry about delays in building as they were getting smashed council rates and water and staring at a pile of mud.

With the $1500 cheque we got from developer we printed of a bill, and took it to the post office, they accepted it and we are now in credit for about $1000.

Good luck

Does that mean this cheque cannot be deposited in your bank account.
no you cant put it into your bank account because it is payable to Telstra.

it is to stop people from banking the cheque and not using telstras services. So you have to either give it iin full to telstra or pay your bill with it, then your account will go into credit.
Thank you Sherro1 and stage 15 Dahlia for the info and advice. Happy new year.
We've a builder W on one side of our house that has been stealing our water and electricity. We raised this issue on several occasions with the builders W's office. When we caught up with the construction supervisor we were informed that they will not be compensating us for the water and electricity usage. He has informed us that he asked his trades to stop stealing and all he can do is apologise. Is this acceptable ? Is there a body that I can raise this issue with.
[We've a builder W on one side of our house that has been stealing our water and electricity]

We had the same, our SS said that it wasn't a problem as we only pay the connection fee. hey can use as much as they like and our builder pays until handover. The house 'stealing' it is being built by the same company so he said he didn't care.
Anyone knows how much will Telstra charge to connect the pipe from street to the house?
Can someone please recommend me a fencing company that does colourbond gates if you are very happy with your end product.
Are we allowed colourbond gates? I thought they had to be made from timber?
MiKu
Are we allowed colourbond gates? I thought they had to be made from timber?

Apologies its not Colorbond but Modwood...you are correct

We received the following quote for gates beside our house...is the quote below competive.

A) 1.2 m fixed panel in Modwood 50x50 post powder coated - $450

B) 1.2 m gate and 1 m fixed panel in Modwood, 65x65 post powder coated, 50 x 50 gate frame powder coated, double lock with keys - $1200
Somerfield team confirmed on Facebook page. we've confirmed there are 3 types of trees used in the Stage 15 streetscapes. Acer campestre 'Elsrijk' on Stanley Road, Fraxinus pennsylvanica 'Cimmzam' Cimmaron on Church Road and Pyrus betulaefolia 'Southworth' Dancer on Dahlia Crescent

http://www.winterhill.com.au/includes/p ... ree_id=302
Hi. "Coupla weeks" has now been a couple of months. I can't believe I started this threat in July 2011, that's how long ago we signed!

Question: Do you know what the water pressure is in Stage 15? I ask because I may need a PRV (pressure reducing valve) for our dishwasher... in a coupla weeks.
Does anyone want their water meter moved at the front of their house? I spoke to SE Water and we can move them in any direction up to 600mm (no further than 2000mm from the boundary). If you want yours moved I'll organise a plumber to do them all on one day to lower the cost.

Craig
I want to , my husband called Se water and they said there a charge tp pay $2500.
Hi guys, we finally moved . How did you guys got the $1500 for telstra from the developer. Do we have to to contact the developer? We called telstra yesterday and they said there's a $ 299 connection fee which I find huge. .
reeta
Hi guys, we finally moved . How did you guys got the $1500 for telstra from the developer. Do we have to to contact the developer? We called telstra yesterday and they said there's a $ 299 connection fee which I find huge. .

Welcome only a few ppl left to move in.

Email your 1st Telstra invoice to Somerfield sales team. They call you the following month to confirm your cheque is available then take it up to Australia Post and they place credit against your account. So u are out of pocket for first month.
Hi guys, hope you are all enjoying your new house. I need to have our driveway done, and I wanted to know if we need Design advisory panel approval or we just hire a contractor to do it?

Regards,
Reeta
reeta
Hi guys, hope you are all enjoying your new house. I need to have our driveway done, and I wanted to know if we need Design advisory panel approval or we just hire a contractor to do it?

Regards,
Reeta

Yep! you will have to send an email with the drawing and colours.
Hi

Can someone that has constructed a brick wall (with a garden bed) in front of their house please pm me the name of a person that does it (if you are happy with the work).
hi guys,

just wanted to pop in and say hi, we are going to build in cypress waters in the estate next to you guys

They said for us that we are going to be getting titles next month but looking at the land and where it is at the moment I very much doubt it. Can one of you guys give me an indication how long u think that it is going to take to title our lands?
brinthan
hi guys,

just wanted to pop in and say hi, we are going to build in cypress waters in the estate next to you guys

They said for us that we are going to be getting titles next month but looking at the land and where it is at the moment I very much doubt it. Can one of you guys give me an indication how long u think that it is going to take to title our lands?

Our titles took 1 year and 4 months after we paid the 10% deposit.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum