Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Metricon

Page 219 of 433
hatipa
I am building a modified metro 32 with Metricon and about to receive handover.Our gas cooktop touches the tiled splash back. It's installed incorrectly. how do you deal with Metricon in resolving these issues ? As usual Site supervisor says it is correct and it's because of the cooktop being wide.

Lots of other issues such as chipped tiles, now these tiles are vein matched, not sure what Metricon would do.

Would appreciate your comments/suggestions on how to manage issues at handover.

Its our first home and the experience with Metricon has been below average. Lack of supervision is the reason for that. I hope they fix all the issues.

Thanks,

We're building a Metro 32 as well. Would love to see more pics of your home.
Your cook top is definitely placed incorrectly and as others have said, you should stick to your guns and make them fix it.
Where are you building?

Metro 32 KDRB Bayside Melbourne
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84012
Renman
Hey Renman,
We got offered a 1.5 kW, a 3 kW and a 5 kW system. Were they unable to offer it because of your house specifications?

What city are you building in?

Brisbane.
[/quote]
All,thank you for the comments and replies

Hi Phoenix37, thanks for the compliment.sorry to hear that you are also going through the same ordeal.Say Metricon disagrees to fix, then what's next step ? did you have to go through qbcc (I am building in QLD). Last thing I want is to delay moving in any further. I have had enough of this.

Has is happened with anyone here whereby you agreed with Metricon to fix such issues after you have moved in ?

@Orph, I have no choice but to take that chipped tile or else Metricon will have to retile the entire splashback, It's in our kitchen ( worst place to go wrong in a house)

@jlh222. I couldn't figure out how to post photos using Mac, downloaded Tapatalk last night and that seems the way to go. The facade is spoiled by an architectural down pipe installed by Metricon. Make sure you don't allow that to happen on yours. We love the feel and design and are very happy with it. I would love to post more photos but it will do it once all the issues as fixed

@nthhome I am building in Brisbane and Metricon has supplied complete Miele kitchen. It's in their display at hope island. They have also installed Schweigen rangehood for us. Love your plan and the 3D drawing are awesome.

On the positive side Metricon has agreed to replace those diamond grills with our selection which was steel screens. I will post more photos once the house is at a photogenic stage. Everytime I take a photo it becomes a please find fault in the picture exercise.

hatipa

Hi Phoenix37, thanks for the compliment.sorry to hear that you are also going through the same ordeal.Say Metricon disagrees to fix, then what's next step ? did you have to go through qbcc (I am building in QLD). Last thing I want is to delay moving in any further. I have had enough of this.

Has is happened with anyone here whereby you agreed with Metricon to fix such issues after you have moved in ?

@Orph, I have no choice but to take that chipped tile or else Metricon will have to retile the entire splashback, It's in our kitchen ( worst place to go wrong in a house)

@jlh222. I couldn't figure out how to post photos using Mac, downloaded Tapatalk last night and that seems the way to go. The facade is spoiled by an architectural down pipe installed by Metricon. Make sure you don't allow that to happen on yours. We love the feel and design and are very happy with it. I would love to post more photos but it will do it once all the issues as fixed

@nthhome I am building in Brisbane and Metricon has supplied complete Miele kitchen. It's in their display at hope island. They have also installed Schweigen rangehood for us. Love your plan and the 3D drawing are awesome.

On the positive side Metricon has agreed to replace those diamond grills with our selection which was steel screens. I will post more photos once the house is at a photogenic stage. Everytime I take a photo it becomes a please find fault in the picture exercise.

Your Metro looks great!
Re the down pipe, are you talking about the one on the left?...I'm not sure anything can be done about the down pipes. I've checked our plans and our down pipe is in the same location.

Beac & Vantage, where are your down pipes located?

This is an image of a display in Melbourne and the down pipes are in the same location...

Hatipa, I'm curious about your flooring and kitchen colours - it looks like what we have gone with. Can you tell me what your cupboards and flooring is, please? Your house looks amazing so far!
JLH222
This is an image of a display in Melbourne and the down pipes are in the same location...

You are right about that downpipe, I have looked at that photo for past 2 years and never noticed it. To me It looks bad, first thing I am going to replace after handover.

@shez84 the floor is American Oak, its engineered timber, brand is universal flooring
Kitchen finish is 2 pack, dulux colour : snowy mountain quarter, same as wall colour.

hatipa house looks great. Would have been nice if you found this site earlier, would have loved to have seen more pics of your journey!

Please keep us updated with your after hand over fixes, as I too am building in QLD.
JLH222
hatipa
I am building a modified metro 32 with Metricon and about to receive handover.Our gas cooktop touches the tiled splash back. It's installed incorrectly. how do you deal with Metricon in resolving these issues ? As usual Site supervisor says it is correct and it's because of the cooktop being wide.

Lots of other issues such as chipped tiles, now these tiles are vein matched, not sure what Metricon would do.

Would appreciate your comments/suggestions on how to manage issues at handover.

Its our first home and the experience with Metricon has been below average. Lack of supervision is the reason for that. I hope they fix all the issues.

Thanks,

We're building a Metro 32 as well. Would love to see more pics of your home.
Your cook top is definitely placed incorrectly and as others have said, you should stick to your guns and make them fix it.
Where are you building?

JLH,

What is the depth of your kitchen bench minus the splash back?

As all cook tops are based on 600mm deep kitchen bench.

JLH222
hatipa

Your Metro looks great!
Re the down pipe, are you talking about the one on the left?...I'm not sure anything can be done about the down pipes. I've checked our plans and our down pipe is in the same location.

Hatipa your facade is gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

JLH, our downpipes are in the exact same location as hatipa's.

beac_faith
JLH222
hatipa

Your Metro looks great!

Hatipa your facade is gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

JLH, our downpipes are in the exact same location as hatipa's.

Wow that marble looks amazing !!! Stinks that Metricon have different rules for different states!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLH222
hatipa

Your Metro looks great!

Where did You get the strip light ? We love that and want to do the same . Ps did I say I love the marble
wow

Request for inputs from the ones who went with Peninsula facade.

P-facade includes, as a standard, 600mm eaves until the garage on garage side and until the first down pipe on the other side. When I looked at some P-facades it does not look like they are 600 eaves but seem to be around 450mm only. Can you guys tell what the size of your eaves please.
JLH222
hatipa

Your Metro looks great!

Hatipa, your house is amazing. Please post more pics!!! I can't wait for our metro to be built.

JLH, we are getting a different facade (coastal instead of the vogue) but the down pipes are in the same location.

We're actually getting the down pipes in a dark colour so it will stand out a bit but I've seen it on display and quite liked it.

hatipa

Your house is amazing! Please post more pics.

We are also building the metro.

We are getting the same pendent over the island bench but in black. What size light is yours the 1200 or 1800?

All, thanks again for the comments, I will post more pictures over the weekend.

Below is the link to the pendant we have installed, its 1800.
http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/ledlux ... opper.html

All other downpipes are attached to the house, just the facade one hangs out by 30 odd cms.

beac_faith , I just saw your thread, I cannot believe how fast your house is progressing, it looks fantastic. At this rate you might move in before me. Just for comparison our site works started June and by the looks of finish we might be in February or March.

Renman, I am not sure of the exact measurements, I will measure it next time I am there. Shouldn't it be standard. Based on their displays ?
hatipa

All other downpipes are attached to the house, just the facade one hangs out by 30 odd cms.

beac_faith , I just saw your thread, I cannot believe how fast your house is progressing, it looks fantastic. At this rate you might move in before me. Just for comparison our site works started June and by the looks of finish we might be in February or March.

Renman, I am not sure of the exact measurements, I will measure it next time I am there. Shouldn't it be standard. Based on their displays ?

Thanks Hatipa. Whereabouts in Bris are you building? Yes we definitely need to see more pics of your gorgeous Metro! If you could post your floor plans that would be great too

hatipa

Hatipa,

Did you upgrade your cooktop?

Oninon
Request for inputs from the ones who went with Peninsula facade.

P-facade includes, as a standard, 600mm eaves until the garage on garage side and until the first down pipe on the other side. When I looked at some P-facades it does not look like they are 600 eaves but seem to be around 450mm only. Can you guys tell what the size of your eaves please.

I got the peninsula facade. The eaves size is not set by the facade. The standard eaves size on the designer range (when I put my first deposit) was 450mm. I had to pay extra to extend the eaves to 600mm (to meet covenant requirements). Check the eaves size on your range inclusion brochure. Hope this answers your question.

Ok, it may be different for Merricks then. I got the master plan of Glendale 45 (LE) with Pen facade. On the master plan it says 600 mm eaves. Then I checked the Normal G45 master plan with P facade. It also says 600mm. Could the guys doing G45 please comment.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All 🙂 We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum