Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 219 of 862
J & C
has anyone considered moving the laundry door on the inside and have a different door outside the house for security reasons.

Hi J & C,

We have installed the half window interblind door in the laundry. PD have this as an option in the Corithian door range. Below are pictures of what they look like. One is half door and the other is full door. This may be an option for you if you don't want to have a security door as well as a laundry door.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_pro ... r_237.aspx

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_pro ... r_236.aspx
Our new driveway..

Fabulous Humble
humble
Sammyjane31
Just terrible Humble! I hate to say it but i was thinking workmen in the area as they would see every movement
I hope nothing of special meaning or of value was taken! Hang in there and i am glad you are still on here if i have any questions

Work Laptop, All my SLR camera gear, wifes ipad.. only about $12k..

Knowing my alarm was faulty gives me heaps of confidence as well.. considering it was set, and didnt go off..

I have narrowed it down to 2 people, police suspect the same..

EDIT: It has taken all sense of polish off our wonderful home, I am not finding issues with the house I didnt see before, including cracks in the driveway floor, as well as a window not sealed. Grr.. The sooner my neighbours finish (1 to go) the better.

Hi humble,

I’m devastated to hear about your break-in and I’m so sorry it has taken the polish of your wonderful new home, I can understand your frustration and hope the police are able to catch the thieves. I would assume you’ve contacted with your BC or NHC consultant to discuss these issues getting fixed, if not please let me know as I’d like to help. Regards, Ebony
J & C
Alpal
J & C
has anyone considered moving the laundry door on the inside and have a different door outside the house for security reasons.

Hi J&C,

I think I understand what your asking - the door in the laundry is full glass and shows inside the house, or easy to break and enter. In terms of showing we are going to install a blind on the door.
In terms of breaking in its like my wife says - if someone wants to get inside your house they will - brick through the window etc.

Hi Alpal,

I've been reading a lot about break-ins lately and hence was thinking along those line.

Has anyone considered crimsafe.

I had an Invisi-Gard (similar to Crimsafe) security door installed for the front entrance of my PD house. It was ripped off from the timber frame by a burglar recently. It seems that the deadlocks were what stopped the burglar from getting into the house. So, unless you are installing the Crimsafe security door to a metal frame, the security door offers false security.
humble
Our new driveway..

Looks great! You have to be very happy with the end result
Humble the driveway came out really nice. Good work
Very nice humble. Are you able to disclose the company you went with and the name/colour of aggregate concrete you did. Yours looks great! I've seen other types of aggregate concrete on peoples driveways and it didn't impress me. Did you do yours right down to the road or just to the crossover.
Handover tommorrow. WHO HOOO

Just picked up the final cheque from bank ready to handover in the morning. I managed to pop in whilst the cleaner was there on Friday and still some things had not been done properly. 2 out of 4 the alfresco downlights not working at all. One of the privacy locks are still not locking. Not really impressed with paint job. One of the guys who painted my house told me he has only been painting for 3 years (new off the boat) before that he had no idea of how to paint and it shows. We had to bring them back for bad painting and when I went in on Friday there were still paint issues. The good thing is they are only small issues and hopefully they will get rectified. Will see what SS says tomorrow. Floorboards and carpet will go in week commencing 30 Jan.

Will be starting to clean the house myself this week. SS did mention it's only a builder's clean and that I'd need to clean the house myself thoroughly. Arrrgh!
Humble I love the drivewas aggregate used, what colour is if and where from?
Nice driveway humble... Colour has come up nicely.

Our place has been ticking away nicely. Blog updated if you're interested.

The ducted vacuum system went in today. We were asked at electrical to supply our preferred location of the points, which we gave to our BC ages ago as a marked up floorplan. She said our SS will worry about it and to talk to him, so we gave him a copy when we met him last year.

Well, either he didn't give it to the vac guys, or they can't read, as they're all in weird spots. We aren't happy with the locations (esp since most of our flooring will be bamboo and not getting vacuumed) and will need to get them moved... Anyone got any experiences on this one?
Oh - and congratulations Eli-kay123! Fantastic news!
Very exciting Eli-Kay! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Rups & Leanne, yours is coming along very well and hopefully bricks will be there on time. We're still waiting on our frame inspection and a visit to site with our SS.....he's almost made me feel like I'm asking for a walk through too early in the build. When did you do your first one? Don't get me wrong he's been very pleasant but just the way the conversation went was a little off. Still waiting on a phone call from him to set up a time.

Well our roof was finished today and plumbing rough in due on Weds so plenty to happen this week I'd say.
Oh wow! So happy that everyone has had so much progress. I love how fast everything picks up once the tradies are back from their Christmas break!

We have 1/3rd of our brick work done, all internal plastering and insulation, heating & cooling system fitted and a hand full of other small things.. There's a ridiculous amount of photos on my blog if your interested and on my forum thread

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse my spelling mist cakes
eli-kay123
Very nice humble. Are you able to disclose the company you went with and the name/colour of aggregate concrete you did. Yours looks great! I've seen other types of aggregate concrete on peoples driveways and it didn't impress me. Did you do yours right down to the road or just to the crossover.

I will happily recommoned the guys who did my driveway.

Taylors Lakes Concrete.
http://www.taylorslakesconcrete.com/

Joey is the man! and his team are just fantastic.. very very professional, all in there 50's, over 30 years of exp. Guns.

Joey's supplier of concrete is midway (google them) and the color chosen was 'artic'
eli-kay123
Handover tommorrow. WHO HOOO

Just picked up the final cheque from bank ready to handover in the morning. I managed to pop in whilst the cleaner was there on Friday and still some things had not been done properly. 2 out of 4 the alfresco downlights not working at all. One of the privacy locks are still not locking. Not really impressed with paint job. One of the guys who painted my house told me he has only been painting for 3 years (new off the boat) before that he had no idea of how to paint and it shows. We had to bring them back for bad painting and when I went in on Friday there were still paint issues. The good thing is they are only small issues and hopefully they will get rectified. Will see what SS says tomorrow. Floorboards and carpet will go in week commencing 30 Jan.

Will be starting to clean the house myself this week. SS did mention it's only a builder's clean and that I'd need to clean the house myself thoroughly. Arrrgh!

Hi eli-kay123,

Congratulations! Good luck with handover tomorrow, I’m looking forward to seeing your progress from your last blog post, hopefully with some pictures. Please let us know how it goes. Cheers, Ebony
Fantastic news Eli-kay123! What an exciting time for you! Cant wait for pictures
All the best Eli-kay123
All the best Eli-Kay123, hopefully yours was exciting as ours! it was a awesome moment.

Finally signed the completion cert yesterday, SS said he would leave us alone now (been over everyday since we moved in! lol!)

Only minor paint touchups required, everything else is fine.

To those doing handover, one thing I would say, get your fences organised prior to moving in, our SS allowed us too but we got delayed by the fencers, so in those last 3 weeks or so, get them done, your property will be a lot more secure.

Still really cut about our ordeal, makes me paranoid to leave the house for 1hr.

PS: Deck framing complete..

PPS: Took a chunk out of my rendered pylon with a 6m length of pine.. Wah!
Thats great Humble your SS has been involved with getting everything right for you and your family and glad the only thing you have to worry about are touch ups!

Thansk for the help tip re: fencing...i was wondering when should i organise that.

Also well done on getting the deck framing complete! Top effort - pics please
BTW: not good about the chunk missing...maybe your SS can organise something on the side as you seem to have a good relationship with him.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum