Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 217 of 828
Received our landscaping plans today..

Got to admit, it looks really good. Shame the price will be over the roof and we can't get WH to do it.

Still hoping they will come back with a cheap quote. haha

MrsLlamas2016
ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
I'm an obsessive client and drove back tonight to have a look. The painters are STILL going so I went in and it's all painted!!!! Obviously just the first coat but very happy as I was stressing about the colour!

Building Majestic 40 - wisdom homes

Hahaha....obsessive !!!

Photos look good to me, I'm sure it will come up a treat, no need to stress.

So obsessive. Hahaha
But when you've handed over 90% and still paying rent then I'm allowed to be! Hahaha

It's probably a bit darker than I had hoped (damn those tiny squares to pick from!) but it'll look different again once tiles/carpet is in!

Don't worry I am there with you and agree, with them holding so much $$$ at the early to mid construction stages, I think we need to get our bang for buck during this period.

I got to see some nice 1st floor views tonight from our place (if you know what I mean....
)

Jordann

Got to admit, it looks really good. Shame the price will be over the roof and we can't get WH to do it.

Yes their plan is pretty comprehensive. Keep us posted how much they quote. We were quotes $54k all together.

ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
ozmonkeyoy
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"]I'm an obsessive client and drove back tonight to have a look. The painters are STILL going so I went in and it's all painted!!!! Obviously just the first coat but very happy as I was stressing about the colour!

Hahaha....obsessive !!!

Photos look good to me, I'm sure it will come up a treat, no need to stress.

So obsessive. Hahaha
But when you've handed over 90% and still paying rent then I'm allowed to be! Hahaha

It's probably a bit darker than I had hoped (damn those tiny squares to pick from!) but it'll look different again once tiles/carpet is in!

Don't worry I am there with you and agree, with them holding so much $$$ at the early to mid construction stages, I think we need to get our bang for buck during this period.

I got to see some nice 1st floor views tonight from our place (if you know what I mean....
)

[/quote]

Haha I certainly do!
love it! Looking forward to seeing your progress pics! I'll have to stay on the forum even once we have finished to see everyone else's build HAHAHAHA

Our SS said to me last week "well it's good we are half way!" And I'm like "we better be more than half way given that I've paid you for 90%!"... That was when he changed his tune and gave me a timeframe hahaha

ozmonkeyoy
Couple of framing progress pics from this morning and last night;

Plumbing issues apparently are a not issue per SS, but hopefully will find out more tomorrow in our weekly chat.

Oh my gosh Oz! That looks amazing and huuuuuge! It's monstrous.It's so great to see some real progress.
MrsLlamas2016
ozmonkeyoy
MrsLlamas2016
So obsessive. Hahaha

)

Haha I certainly do!
love it! Looking forward to seeing your progress pics! I'll have to stay on the forum even once we have finished to see everyone else's build HAHAHAHA

Our SS said to me last week "well it's good we are half way!" And I'm like "we better be more than half way given that I've paid you for 90%!"... That was when he changed his tune and gave me a timeframe hahaha

I'll have to remember that one for later in the process so I can get a timeframe out of mine.
hashem2k3
Jordann

Yes their plan is pretty comprehensive. Keep us posted how much they quote. We were quotes $54k all together.

Agree, their Landscape plans come up quite well.
Pity their quotes are just so outrageous, they surely would pick up more work if their quotes were at least competitive. I know landscapers are becoming like concretors in that they are in short supply which doesn't ease he pain a lot, but most people eventually find one willing to take on the work for a much better price.

Wisdom quoted us $74k for landscape (incl driveway), and really there wasn't anything special that we asked for in our plan.
We'll be getting pretty much all of it done post handover, unless they decide to drop the price on quoted items (won't happen)
MrsLlamas2016
I'm an obsessive client and drove back tonight to have a look. The painters are STILL going so I went in and it's all painted!!!! Obviously just the first coat but very happy as I was stressing about the colour!

Wow wow wow!! Looks amazing!!! LOVE your wall colour - which one is it?

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks

"Navigate" by taubmans for the walls, and crisp white for ceiling doors and alcatraves.

What have you picked?

MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
MrsLlamas2016

Thanks

"Navigate" by taubmans for the walls, and crisp white for ceiling doors and alcatraves.

What have you picked?

We've picked crisp white too for the ceiling and timbers, and China doll for the walls. It's a light grey white.. at least that's what I hope it will look like when painted!! Really hoping it doesn't throw off any cream! So hard to tell from the little swatches!

msjovi
MrsLlamas2016
msjovi
[quote="MrsLlamas2016"]I'm an obsessive client and drove back tonight to have a look. The painters are STILL going so I went in and it's all painted!!!! Obviously just the first coat but very happy as I was stressing about the colour!

Thanks

What have you picked?

We've picked crisp white too for the ceiling and timbers, and China doll for the walls. It's a light grey white.. at least that's what I hope it will look like when painted!! Really hoping it doesn't throw off any cream! So hard to tell from the little swatches!

[/quote]

Yeah I feel I over- compensated with the grey this time for that reason! Haha my last house was beige, but at night it looked like it had a green tinge. I hated it from the day it got painted. And it was too big of a job / expensive to get it changed once I was in...

I now secretly wish I'd gone half strength but once the furniture is in I'm sure it'll be fine! We ordered light-ish colored lounges for this reason!!!!

I bought sample pots and painted villa board at home to help me decide as I was finding it so hard to pick colours. How's that for obsessive?! Lol
We are going for Windy beach for our internal walls and crisp white for the doors/architraves. That's if we ever get to our colour appointment, feels like we've been waiting for an eternity for our plans.
MandM+4
I bought sample pots and painted villa board at home to help me decide as I was finding it so hard to pick colours. How's that for obsessive?! Lol
We are going for Windy beach for our internal walls and crisp white for the doors/architraves. That's if we ever get to our colour appointment, feels like we've been waiting for an eternity for our plans.

I think that's a great idea. I wish I had done that!
Hopefully you get them soon!!!!! You haven't signed contracts yet have you?

MandM+4

Haha we did the same but used canvas squares. I'd hold them up in different light and position them all around the house! Our colour consultant suggested China Doll and it was a tough decision between that and Windy beach. Really hoping we made the right decision! We chose daylight for our downlights as opposed to warn, so hoping that counteracts any warmth the colour may throw off!

Good luck with your plans. Hope they send them to you soon!

MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4

No, haven't signed contracts yet, but that's ok as our land registration is delayed. Hopefully it'll all fall in to place next month.

This pic came up on Metricon' FB page, similar colour to yours I think? Looks amazing.

MandM+4
MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4

No, haven't signed contracts yet, but that's ok as our land registration is delayed. Hopefully it'll all fall in to place next month.

This pic came up on Metricon' FB page, similar colour to yours I think? Looks amazing.

Fingers are crossed you get some progress soon
it's still a bit of slow journey from contracts but it's a bit more fun with appointments to fill the time!

Haha I actually sent this exact same picture to a friend the other day! Yes that's what I was going for! Once the white alcatraves are in it brightens it up a bit! And lots of white frames and light artwork!

msjovi
MandM+4

Haha we did the same but used canvas squares. I'd hold them up in different light and position them all around the house! Our colour consultant suggested China Doll and it was a tough decision between that and Windy beach. Really hoping we made the right decision! We chose daylight for our downlights as opposed to warn, so hoping that counteracts any warmth the colour may throw off!

Good luck with your plans. Hope they send them to you soon!

Great minds

I haven't looked at china doll but there are SO many options!
I think windy beach is quite a warm grey too but I'd rather it be a bit creamy than throw a colour like purple in certain lights (like my current lounge room wall)

MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4
[No, haven't signed contracts yet, but that's ok as our land registration is delayed. Hopefully it'll all fall in to place next month.

it's still a bit of slow journey from contracts but it's a bit more fun with appointments to fill the time!

Haha I actually sent this exact same picture to a friend the other day! Yes that's what I was going for! Once the white alcatraves are in it brightens it up a bit! And lots of white frames and light artwork!

I hope it's a faster journey than the one we've had so far, we have been told to expect our plans early- mid next week so fingers crossed. we want to make a couple of small changes to the plans so contract signing is probably another month away at least. That'll mean 6 months from requesting tender to contract signing. Siiigh. Just want to get some more steps crossed off and feel like we're progressing.

We are more than ready to finish our appointments also. At least we've had lots of thinking time at least ?
MandM+4
MrsLlamas2016
MandM+4
[No, haven't signed contracts yet, but that's ok as our land registration is delayed. Hopefully it'll all fall in to place next month.

I hope it's a faster journey than the one we've had so far, we have been told to expect our plans early- mid next week so fingers crossed. we want to make a couple of small changes to the plans so contract signing is probably another month away at least. That'll mean 6 months from requesting tender to contract signing. Siiigh. Just want to get some more steps crossed off and feel like we're progressing.

We are more than ready to finish our appointments also. At least we've had lots of thinking time at least

Haha ours was about 6 months from tender request (I think we sat down with our sales consultant to do it about mid June?) and signed our contract mid December so looks like it hasn't gotten faster, but also no slower than in 2015!!

I think we signed the contract even with a few mistakes so we could start doing appointments and just got the plans changed after. There are quite a few re-draws so don't stress about a few extra changes unless they are major!!

Does anyone have the amount you get credited for the standard taps, showers, basins etc if you upgrade at Reece? We want to go for black tapware everywhere but after seeing the upgrade amounts for the kitchen sinks I'm thinking we might be better off sourcing new tapware ourselves after the build rather than going with the Reece options.

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum