Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The CARLISLE HOMES & SPECTRA General Information Thread

Page 214 of 364
Congratulations Vectra 43! No,the cupboard does not come with soft close for Affinity range, it is only the drawer.

Hi All, is anybody engaging your own independent inspector? Did Carlisle homes attend to the issues raised by the inspector? At what stages do you use the inspector? Did the builder fix it with additional costs?

Thanks
Hi JasonVIC, I was going through your blog and the colors you selected look great. I was trying to open your inspection report and was not able to open it. Did you engage the private inspector at pre slab stage and frame as well? Thanks
Hi, for anybody who are currently at build stage, when did you receive your final engineering drawings? My site cut is scheduled end of next week and to date, we are told the drawings will be sent to us end of next week (when site cut happens). Is that their standard business practice? It's so different compared to my previous building experience.
February12
walkz187
Hi all

I'm going to sign my contract today. I just wanted to know of anyone has been successful in amending or removing parts of the contract. I'm referring to Carlisle conditions and clauses. Not changing the house or adding power sockets.

Will they negotiate on this or are they set in stone?

Thanks

Hey Walkz187,

yeah i've been successful in amending and removing things from my contract.

best of luck!!

Hi February 12,
Just out of curiousity, did Carlisle homes charge you for amending the clauses in a contract?

Thanks
Regards
zierra
zierra
Hi JasonVIC, I was going through your blog and the colors you selected look great. I was trying to open your inspection report and was not able to open it. Did you engage the private inspector at pre slab stage and frame as well? Thanks

Color was partner & color consultant.

I didn't post our inspection report online - just a picture / references to things flagged. We had it for frame, pre plaster and soon pre hand over (3 stages). There is different pricing depending on how many inspections you plan to have / different stages attract different prices. There are a few threads in this forum discussing the value / what stages for inspectors to check.

If you want to see inspection reports (NHI & a Carlisle house) - check out this Homeone users blog - http://carlisleodessa.blogspot.com.au/ - he has it for all the stages.

zierra
Hi, for anybody who are currently at build stage, when did you receive your final engineering drawings? My site cut is scheduled end of next week and to date, we are told the drawings will be sent to us end of next week (when site cut happens). Is that their standard business practice? It's so different compared to my previous building experience.

It seems normal as we had about the same - I was pushing and questioning that too, seems they leave it to the last minute.
zierra

That seems to be pretty normal, I have received them after site cut and just before slab.
zierra
February12
walkz187
Hi all

I'm going to sign my contract today. I just wanted to know of anyone has been successful in amending or removing parts of the contract. I'm referring to Carlisle conditions and clauses. Not changing the house or adding power sockets.

Will they negotiate on this or are they set in stone?

Thanks

Hey Walkz187,

yeah i've been successful in amending and removing things from my contract.

best of luck!!

Hi February 12,
Just out of curiousity, did Carlisle homes charge you for amending the clauses in a contract?

Thanks
Regards
zierra

Hey Zierra,

I didn't get charged,was told any changes after contract appointment you get charged.
zierra

Hey Zierra,

I was wondering that myself as i haven't received my final plans and im scheduled for site cut this week.
Thanks Jason VIC, Vectra 43 and February 12 for your prompt responses.
Jason-Vic
zierra

I didn't post our inspection report online - just a picture / references to things flagged. We had it for frame, pre plaster and soon pre hand over (3 stages). There is different pricing depending on how many inspections you plan to have / different stages attract different prices. There are a few threads in this forum discussing the value / what stages for inspectors to check.

If you want to see inspection reports (NHI & a Carlisle house) - check out this Homeone users blog - http://carlisleodessa.blogspot.com.au/ - he has it for all the stages.

zierra

It seems normal as we had about the same - I was pushing and questioning that too, seems they leave it to the last minute.

Hi JasonVIC, I had checked the pricing of NHI. It seems like lots of Carlisle's clients are engaging them (reading through this trail).

Hi February 12, are you saying your site cut is due to start next week?

Hi Vectra 43, are you planning to engage NHI as well during your building process?
zierra

Hi JasonVIC, I had checked the pricing of NHI. It seems like lots of Carlisle's clients are engaging them (reading through this trail).

Hi Vectra 43, are you planning to engage NHI as well during your building process?

Yes, we are also going to go with NHI... SS said frame should be ready for inspection by the Tuesday in the week after. Will let you all know how that goes.
Also Jason/ anybody here ... Can you please tell me if you have got 2 garden taps apart from what you get from the developer?

When I signed with CH , the promotion includes 2 garden taps, but I realized that I only have one garden tap, and the other is at the front close to our future letter box. I thought this is given by developer? What's your experience?
Hi Vectra 43,my understanding is everyone should get one tap at the front and one at the rear of the house. I don't think there is another one from the developer.
Vetra43
zierra

Yes, we are also going to go with NHI... SS said frame should be ready for inspection by the Tuesday in the week after. Will let you all know how that goes.

Hi Vectra 43, I haven't heard anyone had the concrete slab Pre Pour inspection done by NHI. I thought this and the frame are the most important stages at they hold the structural of the house. We are thinking of using them for all stages for peace of mind. I googled other inspector companies out there and noticed there are companies out there offer lower fees, but not sure of their qualities though.
I am getting preslab, frame, pre plaster and pre handover.
I thought if I'm gonna spend big dollars i May as well make sure my asset is done right and have someone else's opinion in this case NHI.
I to would of thought preslab would be common as it's the main base structure of the house. And if that fails it could lead to many problems with the home.
Wirepower
I am getting preslab, frame, pre plaster and pre handover.
I thought if I'm gonna spend big dollars i May as well make sure my asset is done right and have someone else's opinion in this case NHI.
I to would of thought preslab would be common as it's the main base structure of the house. And if that fails it could lead to many problems with the home.

Thanks wirepower for your quick turnaround.
Has anyone had Shane R as a SS? Is he easy to deal with?
zierra
Jason-Vic
zierra

zierra

Yep that's right..scheduled for this Thursday if weather permits it...so fingers crossed!!!
Vetra43
Also Jason/ anybody here ... Can you please tell me if you have got 2 garden taps apart from what you get from the developer?

When I signed with CH , the promotion includes 2 garden taps, but I realized that I only have one garden tap, and the other is at the front close to our future letter box. I thought this is given by developer? What's your experience?

Hi Vetra,

2 Garden Taps are one in the front (depending on where the meter is) and one in the side of the house or rear
Vetra43

Not sure if i'll answer correctly here to what your asking - We will have taps installed at the front (standard & recycled) from SE Water (somehow our lot, out of the whole estate didn't get it installed!). Still waiting for this to happen as the site is to cluttered for the plumber to do the work.

Out the back (more so side close to garage) we will get two taps installed, they are along the side of the house and not in a useful spot at all from Carlisle, both a recycled and standard. We will have to engage our own plumber to get better located external taps.

Is it possible the two external taps relates to recycled water and standard? It would be something to check in the documents & I believe taps are done at Carlisle discretion - was not a flexible area we found.
Related
20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum