Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 213 of 250
Veebeevb
Has anyone had an issue with their window sizes? We paid to get bigger Windows and we noticed with the frame that the standard size has been put in.
Does anyone know if this is then changed prior to the window going in, or is this something they've missed?

no what's there is what will go in so ring your SS straight away - make sure you check your plans were right before calling him too!
For those in Mayfield...

Just a warning for our neighbours... a house in Mossey Cres has been broken into, and two on our street (Adrian Street). Thieves seem to be after tools but they've been getting increasingly smart. If you want more details contact me. We're worried because our neighbour just spotted a car casing the joint tonight - on Eliburn near Boon Warrung. Very nervous.

Btw I've started an estate thread here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=84356&p=1601283
thewoodies
For those in Mayfield...

Just a warning for our neighbours... a house in Mossey Cres has been broken into, and two on our street (Adrian Street). Thieves seem to be after tools but they've been getting increasingly smart. If you want more details contact me. We're worried because our neighbour just spotted a car casing the joint tonight - on Eliburn near Boon Warrung. Very nervous.

thanks my hubby has tools in his car and garage, I'll warn him
puglover
thewoodies
For those in Mayfield...

thanks my hubby has tools in his car and garage, I'll warn him

Please do! Last night they broke into our next door neighbour's car at 3.30am, got the garage door opener out of it and got into the garage & stole his tools
He heard a noise and rushed down but didn't catch them, only saw them running away.
our bedroom is at the front of the house and I sleep so light so there is no way they'd be able to do that to us. We have the baseball bat ready to rock.
puglover
our bedroom is at the front of the house and I sleep so light so there is no way they'd be able to do that to us. We have the baseball bat ready to rock.

Good for you!

puglover
Veebeevb
Has anyone had an issue with their window sizes? We paid to get bigger Windows and we noticed with the frame that the standard size has been put in.
Does anyone know if this is then changed prior to the window going in, or is this something they've missed?

no what's there is what will go in so ring your SS straight away - make sure you check your plans were right before calling him too!

Thanks puglover. We called the site supervisor and he was headed out today. He said the windows were based on the master plan, and we've checked our drawings and contracts and what they've done is wrong.
After everyone's advice we got Darbecca involved and they're headed out on Monday to have a look.
I'd love to post pictures of my build, but I don't know how... Can someone direct me
LILPOM
leesh9
To anyone choosing the Storm theme - just check small details such as the splashback tiling. All of the displays with Storm show white grout with the splashback, whereas in our plans they had put black grout instead and we didn't realise until it had been installed. Also the splashback tiles in the display homes stop at the rangehood, but ours were tiled to the ceiling, which was another oversight. It looks a bit odd.
Our flooring was much more orange than the display ones, so it may be an upgrade. We wished we had paid more attention to these details beforehand!

Do you at all have any photos that you could please share or msg over to me please.?

Sorry for the late reply, I do have a couple of photos of the kitchen I'm happy to share, but I don't know how to put them on here! If anyone could help that'd be great
haha. Also thanks for sharing what you found on the grout colour, I wish we had seen that earlier!! I'm hoping it won't look too bad once we're in there, but I also prefer the look of the white grout.

thewoodies
For those in Mayfield...

Thanks for that. We are in Parks Edge on Boonwurrung... we have heard about lots of theft and crime happening in these estates lately, which is quite scary. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Our house is now pretty much ready to be moved into now, except when they were getting ready to pour the driveway a few weeks ago they realised they couldn't because the water meter was put smack-bang where the driveway is meant to be. Basically South East Water didn't put it in according to the plans, so now we have to organise to get it moved about 1.5 metres, which they wanted to charge us $2000 for. Ridiculous. As it's not a Homebuyers issue we have had to go through the developer, and boy do they like handballing problems to others! We have gone through four people already. Hopefully this week we will have an answer on whether they can get it moved.
This is what mine shows. That arrow you click on allows you to attach photos

Also i made them change the grout to white
yayyy

We got our first building report from Darbecca today. A lot to fix sadly.
The floor is uneven in every room, we have problems with the plumbing, pipes not to code, etc.. Pretty shattered with the first report.
I've told my husband we'll have to call the site supervisor tomorrow to find out where to from here.
I don't want to hand money over til it's fixed.
The report even says, if they don't fix some of the screw ins above the Windows, the brickies will have problems with the bricklaying.
I'm pretty shattered and am hoping it gets fixed asap. Anyone else had these issues and what did you do about it?
LILPOM
This is what mine shows. That arrow you click on allows you to attach photos

Thanks lilpom.... I don't have an arrow. Not sure why ?
Veebeevb
I'd love to post pictures of my build, but I don't know how... Can someone direct me

I click the picture symbol or the paper clip.

I don't have those symbols either... :/

Glad you got your grout changed Lilpom! Was it easy to do?
LILPOM
Also i made them change the grout to white
yayyy

Hey Lilpom

were they difficult when you requested the change in grout. I have a few changes I would like to make just scared they will refuse
Hi Lilpom,
Glad they changed the grout color for you. I asked for a change but our prestart consultant is refusing to do so. Who was your consultant and any tips on what to say to get them get agree. We want a built in hob instead of freestanding but she's not willing to change it
Did she give you a reason? Or is it because your building has started?
She said, after the color appointment we are unable to make any further changes. We are still waiting for developer's approval..
Awww i really wanna see what ut looks like

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum