Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building at bunya???

Page 213 of 221
Not that the guidelines are bible, but it makes no mention of requiring a solar hot water system.

We have a 5 star instantaneous gas system and this meets the guidelines. Had asked about upgrading to 7 star with the builder but the additional upfront cost they were going to charge was too high to justify.

You only need to point to nearly every house built in Bunya to show that it is hasn't been a requirement.

Good luck

To clarify, did the BASIX assessment get you over the line without the solar HW system , or did Clarendon add that in as part of the assessment to get it passed?

This is interesting discussion- BASIX was designed so there would be flexibility in the way we meet the targets. So if you can meet the target by being more energy efficient some other way then you shouldn't need the solar system. However, since the builder will likely want to make the most amount of money in the shortest time they're going to suggest methods that will work best for them. I'd definitely be asking them what alternatives there are and doing a bit of research.
Worth noting that the DRP have set BASIX targets that are higher than normal so most of us have paid extra somewhere along the line to meet the higher targets (mostly in the form of larger rainwater tanks to meet the water savings targets).
Congrats on the progress bumblebees!!! You must be really excited. Finally it's all happening for you
Thanks! bit excited, but mostly still angry that it's taken this long
[quote="bumblebees"]Thanks! bit excited, but mostly still angry that it's taken this long
/quote]
I think you won't angry anymore once you see the progress. Who is ur supervisor? Make sure to keep on checking everything as per plan. Tradies can stuff up things so it's better identify them sooner. So far they did it twice with me but SS quickly rectified it.
Supervisor is the same as yours I believe. Definitely keeping an eye on things. What happened with yours?
bumblebees
Supervisor is the same as yours I believe. Definitely keeping an eye on things. What happened with yours?

Sewer pipe was visible from the formal lounge which supposed to be hidden.
Also, they installed square aircon outlet instead of the round one. The fixed both of them now though.
Bumblebees, we are pretty much at the same stage! Our slab was done earlier this week. A big thanks to Whytee for the progress pics cos we haven't had the chance to go see anything this last week. We've had another preoccupying thing: our baby daughter was born Tuesday!

Hopefully we'll get a chance over the next week to have a peek.

twannie
Bumblebees, we are pretty much at the same stage! Our slab was done earlier this week. A big thanks to Whytee for the progress pics cos we haven't had the chance to go see anything this last week. We've had another preoccupying thing: our baby daughter was born Tuesday!

Hopefully we'll get a chance over the next week to have a peek.

Wow Congratulations Ant and Lisa
So very happy for you!
Congratulations! Wonderful news.
Hi all, does anyone know the NBN bandwidth speed in Bunya? (DL/UL speeds)

thanks..
f1dinesh
Hi all, does anyone know the NBN bandwidth speed in Bunya? (DL/UL speeds)

thanks..

On average 90+ for download, 35+ for upload.
Thanks bumblebees and Rosey

We finally got to the site today. They were doing the pipes for plumbing and the machine operator levelled the block for us. Rosey, I noticed you block is being cleared - not long for start now?

Hi All, anyone building Tascano 270 with Champion
The other end of Steeltrap drive is now open to ease traffic congestion in and out of Bunya..
hi All,

I have question, just wondering if anyone received issue like me. I just received the BASIX and Thermal report from Champion homes.

Just wondering does anyone also have the same requirement as me for Thermal Report before i sign the report that i agree with what in the report.

1.internal floor/ ceiling (timber above plasterboard no insulation)
Note: im building 2 storey home but would like to ask opinion to anyone here if your
ground floor ceiling actually insulated or not?

2. according to the report i have to increase the walls insulation from R1.5 to R2.0
Do you all need to pay extra for this?

3. Ceiling insulation (what we have included in the contract was R3.5) but
In this report its showing R3.0 , do I need to send email to get R3.5 put into the report?

Just wondering if you are getting this kind of situation with champion homes?

Hope anyone can help.
Hey peeps, anyone here built a house along Doonside Rd (the ones with the sound barriers)? .

Quick question, do you find it noisy with the busy street behind you? What about dust/dirt, is this an issue?
shogi93
hi All,

I have question, just wondering if anyone received issue like me. I just received the BASIX and Thermal report from Champion homes.

Just wondering does anyone also have the same requirement as me for Thermal Report before i sign the report that i agree with what in the report.

1.internal floor/ ceiling (timber above plasterboard no insulation)
Note: im building 2 storey home but would like to ask opinion to anyone here if your
ground floor ceiling actually insulated or not?

2. according to the report i have to increase the walls insulation from R1.5 to R2.0
Do you all need to pay extra for this?

3. Ceiling insulation (what we have included in the contract was R3.5) but
In this report its showing R3.0 , do I need to send email to get R3.5 put into the report?

Just wondering if you are getting this kind of situation with champion homes?

Hope anyone can help.

1. I don't think they normally insulate the ground floor ceiling. Presumably you will have carpet + underlay up there though, which will help (unless you have timber floor upstairs).

2. You will probably have to pay for the higher level of insulation. 2.0 came as standard in my package, but I have a different builder.

3. Personally, if R3.5 is being used instead of R3.0 I would want that reflected in the report. The report will be used to determine the energy efficiency of your house and future buyers may request that report and use it to influence whether they would buy the house.
Hi Bumblebees,

Thanks for your feedback.
I'm wondering if anyone build in bunya have the wall insulation of R1.5.
and do you know how much roughly to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.0? just would like to know the estimate.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum