Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Metricon Sentosa 52 Modified

Page 22 of 24
How has the process been with Metricon? Would u build with them again?

We're at the very start of this process and like some of the metricon layouts, but hearing many horror stories with this company

mustard

We're at the very start of this process and like some of the metricon layouts, but hearing many horror stories with this company

There are many horror stories with every builder - remember... people tend to get online to complain when they are angry, rather than praise when they are happy. Human nature. We also build with M and moved in 8 months ago. Generally, we are very happy - but I will say this.... check, double check and triple check everything that comes back from them during Admin stage. So many errors in floor plans and contracts that I had to correct. They are extremely under resourced and lots of mistakes make it through to the client instead of being picked up by co-ordinators.

If you are well across every aspect of your build, then it should all go smoothly. Good luck!
do you have a photo pf the drain in the bath, just want to check they have installed the right one in my house?
it is meant to be chrome
They are finally installing my fireplace. Hopefully it'll be ready soon.

Also finally setup hone theatre screen. Looks awesome.

mustard

hmmm I was just unlucky that I the best site supervisor is all. But even dealing with the contract was a nightmare.

To be honest now that I've built once, I know what to look for I would probably still stick with a big volume builder. Just so I know there's less risk of them going under. Plus at the end of the day, it's all about the design of the house. I won't be beholden to any company. If they have a good design and they are big enough, I'd probably go with them.
aussman80
do you have a photo pf the drain in the bath, just want to check they have installed the right one in my house?
it is meant to be chrome

Are you talking about the bathtub or just the bath area?
Freak_Zombie

That Looks awesome !! I really like the way Fireplace is looking now. Well Done.
How much was the installation cost and May I know whey didn't you go with the builder to make provision for the fireplace ?
Ozshaz
Freak_Zombie

That Looks awesome !! I really like the way Fireplace is looking now. Well Done.
How much was the installation cost and May I know whey didn't you go with the builder to make provision for the fireplace ?

Thanks! At that time I was signing the contract I wasn't sure which fireplace I wanted to get yet so that's why there wasn't a provision. Installation with the 6mm stone is around $3k+
Freak_Zombie

Wow...looks stunning.

Looks like you have upgraded the window size to the height of 2.7m? I was told that M may not be able to supply windows that the height is larger than 2.4m, is that true? Seems to be it's a bit surprising as quite a lot other builders can order customized windows as long as you can afford the price...
LFMEL
Freak_Zombie

Wow...looks stunning.

Looks like you have upgraded the window size to the height of 2.7m? I was told that M may not be able to supply windows that the height is larger than 2.4m, is that true? Seems to be it's a bit surprising as quite a lot other builders can order customized windows as long as you can afford the price...

That is right, I couldn't go higher than 2.4m. What you see is approximately up to 2.4m
Freak_Zombie
LFMEL
Freak_Zombie

Wow...looks stunning.

That is right, I couldn't go higher than 2.4m. What you see is approximately up to 2.4m

Damn it! How could that restriction! Have you been given the reason?
Freak_Zombie
Ozshaz
Freak_Zombie

Thanks! At that time I was signing the contract I wasn't sure which fireplace I wanted to get yet so that's why there wasn't a provision. Installation with the 6mm stone is around $3k+

Thanks for the information. I would be very keen to see the final install.
Did you opt for stone or it was mandatory to have stone around the fireplace.
Also are you planning to mount TV on top of it.
Thanks
Freak_Zombie
aussman80
it is meant to be chrome

Are you talking about the bathtub or just the bath area?

The bathtub thanks

There you go.

Will be installing solar panels next month too. Maximum allowable and will be black in colour to match the roof tiles. 😍

Just waiting on cabinet installation and curtains for home theatre room. Hopefully not long after the restrictions end.

Still need to do a bit of Frontyard landscaping and then I'll be done till I can save up for that spa, decking and glass fencing 😍😍
God knows when that would be. Lol
I went with stone because just plain plaster was gonna cost only $1k less. Plus it'll look much nicer I think. Sadly a lot of the stone that I liked was out of stock or had to wait a minimum of 6 weeks and this was before this whole lock down. But I think the compromise I went with should turn out all right. 😍

Nope no TV. Gonna keep it clean and just an area to chill. Already have a TV room.
Freak_Zombie
This was what they were supposed to install for me.

Blanco orion and this was the sample stone they gave me when I was doing my selections.
That's a bad stuff up from them.

While we didn't have an issue with the stone, we had issues with our porcelain tiles. The marbel grain and could didn't match what we ordered. There reasoning was the variation that was allowed in thr different type batch.

Freak_Zombie
Finally! A month after I moved in, I received my welcome package! Although the soap was leaking. lol

Was hoping to get that salt and pepper set though.

Congratulations on the build and move. Looks great.

A massive house for us one person.

Renman
Freak_Zombie
Finally! A month after I moved in, I received my welcome package! Although the soap was leaking. lol

Was hoping to get that salt and pepper set though.

Congratulations on the build and move. Looks great.

A massive house for us one person.

Thank you sir! Haha, I wasn't planning to still be single when the house is ready but fate had other plans. On the plus side I could design it to how I want it to be. Especially the theatre room. haha
Here's some pix of the home theatre room. Sorry for the blurry pix, was just using my phone and it looks better in person.

Still a work in progress. Already installed the blinds which are automated, installed double glazing to the window behind it. Installed the projector and cut out a hole in the wall.The projector sits in the walk in robe of my master bedroom. Did so, giving it a more cinema feel as well as hiding the projector. (Plus mainly because I needed that length to project a screen that's 155 inch wide. (cinemascope)
The lights are whatever I can control have been setup with my google mini.

I have a 7.2.4 speaker setup.

Just waiting on my small custom home theatre sign and the motorised curtains and then I'm done for that part.

Also attached a picture of my office inside my study room.

Didn't have time to edit the photos. Will take some more proper ones once it's all ready. Hope to hear everyone's thoughts.
Related
13/12/2023
Metricon Doulton Facade

Building A New House

Hi, First of all, thank you to this community for sharing your thoughts and opinions. We are in early days of our pre-contract stage for Metricon Doulton and we are…

29/01/2024
Metricon Homes - Delta Single storey

Building A New House

Hello All πŸ™‚ We are planning to start our journey of construction our first home. We zeroed down on Metricon and henley homes based on design suitable for our lot and…

15/03/2024
Metricon Lumiere Colour Sceme

Building A New House

We don’t live in VIC so want to know the exterior colours of Lumiere display so we can see it at the paint shop. Not building with Metricon so my request went…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum