Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

BL- Coral - Grange 26 - Week 21 - its like a lottery

Page 22 of 26
BrownDog77
Bridgetwitch
Looking great BD - how long before you get keys?

- B

A vue of the pines on the Gold Coast
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87210

No idea
estimated PCI was today but no idea when actual pci will be & we have same inspector as Ryan for it so may be a while before we get keys

Any news?
Corallake
BrownDog77
Bridgetwitch
Looking great BD - how long before you get keys?

- B

No idea
estimated PCI was today but no idea when actual pci will be & we have same inspector as Ryan for it so may be a while before we get keys

Any news?

No CL we've since found out our ceiling in family room is not to plan & we aren't happy to leave it as is as it looks strange (glad I mentioned to our CSO who asked the head drafter while on ph) I think our SS thinks we are ready to handover but IT hub not fixed and SS was suppose to discuss a suitable solution with us but has just proceeded on his own WT? Plus we have a pool of wTer at front of house resting on slab where a pipes been broken since slab pour & just covered by plumber so now it's filled with debris and mud as well as broken
We are at the end of our contract at the end of this month & pretty sure HO wants us finished so they don't have to pay anything
- no inspection for certifier has been org either for IOC & I doubt it would pass at present anyhow

"No CL we've since found out our ceiling in family room is not to plan & we aren't happy to leave it as is as it looks strange (glad I mentioned to our CSO who asked the head drafter while on ph)"

Can you describe the problem with the family room ceiling so I can make sure we do not have the same issue. Is it related to the square set?
mpricecs
"No CL we've since found out our ceiling in family room is not to plan & we aren't happy to leave it as is as it looks strange (glad I mentioned to our CSO who asked the head drafter while on ph)"

Can you describe the problem with the family room ceiling so I can make sure we do not have the same issue. Is it related to the square set?

Yes will post pic

See how it goes up into a cavity it should be flush to wall same as entrance to hallway
are you doing it hub option? As that’s wrong too

BrownDog77
mpricecs

Yes will post pic

See how it goes up into a cavity it should be flush to wall same as entrance to hallway

Yep that's wrong. Should be a square set (300 Deep) as on your plans. We have the same square set in our family room, at entrance to media room and across the hallway leading into the family room. We have replaced the IT Hub with the laundry.
mpricecs
BrownDog77
mpricecs

Yes will post pic

Yep that's wrong. Should be a square set (300 Deep) as on your plans. We have the same square set in our family room, at entrance to media room and across the hallway leading into the family room. We have replaced the IT Hub with the laundry.

Where r u up too in build? Yes it’s correct in media and in hallway just not in family
I didn’t think it looked right but SS seemed to think it was ... glad I mentioned it to our CSO & took pic

We hope to have a start in May as early as the frustratingly slow admin process will possibly allow.
im no builder, but how could they get that so, so wrong? Im sure its easier to 'square set' that part than what they've done there!
You could take advantage of their obvious mistake by running some led strip lighting up inside it and get a great effect. They are idiots though for not being able to decipher basic plans.
gillybean
You could take advantage of their obvious mistake by running some led strip lighting up inside it and get a great effect. They are idiots though for not being able to decipher basic plans.

Yes we did think of putting downlights there but it would actually be a bit of a cobweb hangout I think
& may put potential buyers off in future ?!?

Dylandbrooke
im no builder, but how could they get that so, so wrong? Im sure its easier to 'square set' that part than what they've done there!

I know
doesn’t really give you much faith does it? ...

mpricecs
We hope to have a start in May as early as the frustratingly slow admin process will possibly allow.

Fingers crossed it speeds up for you
yes Admin was crazy slow our original start date was May ended up being end of Sept

BrownDog77
mpricecs

yes Admin was crazy slow our original start date was May ended up being end of Sept

We had a good run through admin.
We originally signed with Coral in May 2017 but nothing could really happen until November 2017 when the land registered. By that time, I am pretty sure I knew the specifications inside out and had seen just about every display on the north side of Brisbane twice. We had enough time to make a million changes to our plans and soil testing was done 9 November and had results back 14 November. However, supervisor couldn't get onsite until 23 November due to estate temporary fencing still up. So, we were expecting to get our tender just before Xmas closedown but we got delayed to 13 January. We made a few changes and then got our contracts on 27 January. We did our tile appointment mid February and electrical and colours on 7 March 2018 (that was our choice as had too much on). We have a start date of next week - 12 April 2018.
From the outset (and I mean just our own personal timeline), we hoped to start building in March 2018, so only a couple of weeks behind. We are thrilled.
bestspecials
BrownDog77
mpricecs

We had a good run through admin.
We originally signed with Coral in May 2017 but nothing could really happen until November 2017 when the land registered. By that time, I am pretty sure I knew the specifications inside out and had seen just about every display on the north side of Brisbane twice. We had enough time to make a million changes to our plans and soil testing was done 9 November and had results back 14 November. However, supervisor couldn't get onsite until 23 November due to estate temporary fencing still up. So, we were expecting to get our tender just before Xmas closedown but we got delayed to 13 January. We made a few changes and then got our contracts on 27 January. We did our tile appointment mid February and electrical and colours on 7 March 2018 (that was our choice as had too much on). We have a start date of next week - 12 April 2018.
From the outset (and I mean just our own personal timeline), we hoped to start building in March 2018, so only a couple of weeks behind. We are thrilled.

Glad you've had a good run
& everything crossed it continues
our land registered In March 2017 & we had done everything prior to this happening except colours & tiles etc but they were done straight away so we could start in May, unfortunately that's where C let us down as there were endless errors we picked up from them in our colour variations & final plan sign off that weren't there prev & other stuff too but all on them we just had to lump it for 6mths. Our build was awesome until after Christmas and although we were well ahead of our 216day build (which we were told would never happen or C would be out of business)
it's been very slow the last 3mths. We still can't complain compared to others but I def won't be signing PCI until everything is 100% & we have same private inspector as Ryan who I'm sure will pick up things too, I don't think they have even used some things that are required for our BAL which we paid for & is a council requirement so it will be interesting to see if this is the case or not

BrownDog77
mpricecs

Sorry mprices I am following your build but get confused who's who

I hope everything continues to go well. Fingers crossed.
I hope yours finishes soon and then you can move in.

We would be happy if ours is finished by mid September (which gives them 5 months or 150 days) as we both work at schools and have holidays at end of September.
New PCI is around 18th 19th April from SS so that gives them a week to fix ceiling, gutters, IT hub, tiles in bathroom, site clean
gosh not getting my hopes up

BrownDog77
New PCI is around 18th 19th April from SS so that gives them a week to fix ceiling, gutters, IT hub, tiles in bathroom, site clean

It’s not impossible... I hope they get everything done for you.

- B

Bridgetwitch
BrownDog77

It’s not impossible... I hope they get everything done for you.

- B

I hope so too

Pendants hung today can’t wait to go have a peek tomoz but unfortunately no start on New IT hub, ceiling, gutters or robe hooks in ensuite

Related
9/04/2024
Colorbond roof can you extend its life?

General Discussion

You should pressure clean your roof first and make sure the paint you buy also is anti mould.

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum