Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 22 of 90
Quirmeball1280
dulie
Renman
I am a bit worried that the cabinets is too low over the cooktop

I know right. Drawback to having high ceilings.
I'll have to store my whisky collection there so no one can reach.

I think it'll be fine. Australian standard is 600mm for electric and 650mm for gas clearance i believe.

I was more referring to the actual height of the cupboard itself (1100mm), if that was reduced you'd have plenty of room to play with for placement.

Yeah, we had to raise our rangehood above the window splashback cause we are using a gas stove and both the rangehood and stove manufacturers recommend 760mm

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
viewtopic.php?t=82846

We had to get the Qasair Eastmore rangehood as it was the only one that can be used at 600mm induction cooktop.

Renman
Quirmeball1280
dulie
[quote="Renman"]I am a bit worried that the cabinets is too low over the cooktop

I think it'll be fine. Australian standard is 600mm for electric and 650mm for gas clearance i believe.

I was more referring to the actual height of the cupboard itself (1100mm), if that was reduced you'd have plenty of room to play with for placement.

Yeah, we had to raise our rangehood above the window splashback cause we are using a gas stove and both the rangehood and stove manufacturers recommend 760mm

viewtopic.php?t=82846

We had to get the Qasair Eastmore rangehood as it was the only one that can be used at 600mm induction cooktop.

[/quote]

We're getting the Qasair Statesman

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Just looked up the Qasair Rangehoods, looks very impressive!

Last 2 days, all the internal electrical preparations were completed.
Just dropped by this morning, looks like they are assembling/installing my stacker doors.
Can't wait to see them up!
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Quirmeball1280
[quote="dulie"][quote="Renman"]I am a bit worried that the cabinets is too low over the cooktop

viewtopic.php?t=82846

[/quote]

viewtopic.php?t=82846[/quote]

Are you getting M to install the Qasair?

dulie
Just looked up the Qasair Rangehoods, looks very impressive!

Last 2 days, all the internal electrical preparations were completed.
Just dropped by this morning, looks like they are assembling/installing my stacker doors.
Can't wait to see them up!

Me too Dulie, with many people going for bi-folds, I can't wait to see how your stacker doors 'stack up'

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Renman
Quirmeball1280
Renman
[quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="dulie"][quote="Renman"]I am a bit worried that the cabinets is too low over the cooktop

viewtopic.php?t=82846

[/quote]

[/quote] Nah, Vaccaro who are the electricians aren't Qasair installers so I will need to find my own authorised Qasair installer and get the longer warranty. I might get Vacarro to install my other appliances if SM allows them to install before handover

viewtopic.php?t=82846
Quirmeball1280
Renman
Quirmeball1280
[quote="Renman"][quote="Quirmeball1280"][quote="dulie"][quote="Renman"]I am a bit worried that the cabinets is too low over the cooktop

viewtopic.php?t=82846

[/quote]

[/quote] Nah, Vaccaro who are the electricians aren't Qasair installers so I will need to find my own authorised Qasair installer and get the longer warranty. I might get Vacarro to install my other appliances if SM allows them to install before handover

Good luck with getting M to allow u access before hangover.

I wanted to get my own installer for the Qasair but we have it in the hidden in cabinets so we have to go with M. As a result we got charged double of the same one from the shop. Such a huge mark up!

Got us some stacker doors!!! =D
Was a bit worried about the decision over bi-folds, but now that they are up, we love it!
Very happy chappies!

Family room side

Family room back

Dinning/Family room

Dinning room back
They're massive!!

dulie
Got us some stacker doors!!! =D
Was a bit worried about the decision over bi-folds, but now that they are up, we love it!
Very happy chappies!

Family room side

Family room back

Dinning/Family room

Dinning room back

They look 4x fantastic!
You even got the nice handles too.
Did you get the 300 series door?

Are these timber stacker doors? They do look awesome!

@Orph

Build thread: viewtopic.php?t=78328
Home Furniture: viewtopic.php?t=80551
Technology Hub: viewtopic.php?t=83663
Landscape Design: viewtopic.php?t=80645
Orpheus

@Orph

It looks like the ones we are getting, so it would be aluminium.
Renman
Orpheus

@Orph

Hmm, if aluminum then they must be upgraded type as the frames are thicker than ours. Ours is very thin.

@Orph

Orpheus
Renman
Orpheus

@Orph

Hmm, if aluminum then they must be upgraded type as the frames are thicker than ours. Ours is very thin.

@Orph

They are the 300 Series Upgrade, correct me if I am wrong Dulie!
Indeed they have been upgraded, and yes they are aluminum.
I'm not sure who the suppliers are in other states, but here in QLD it's A&L Windows, and with them they are called "Boutique Stackers".

Had a quick google search, it does look to be the equivalent of the 300 series with graded handles from Southern Star, I'm assuming that's VIC's Metricon supplier for them.
dulie
I'm not sure who the suppliers are in other states, but here in QLD it's A&L Windows, and with them they are called "Boutique Stackers".

Had a quick google search, it does look to be the equivalent of the 300 series with graded handles from Southern Star, I'm assuming that's VIC's Metricon supplier for them.

Damn I should of upgraded all our windows and doors to the thicker ones
. Would the full upgrade cost around $10k?

@Orph

Orpheus
dulie

@Orph

From memory it was an upgrade of around $3kish per stacker door. Depends on size of course, mine are 2.4 x 4m.
dulie

I love your stacker doors they look amazing and look just like timber! Can I ask did you request to change the handles or was this an option provided to you?

I tried so hard at Studio M to let me change our stacker door handle but they insisted I could only have the D Shape handle

Welcome to our new Metricon Henderson

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81978

https://metriconhenderson.wordpress.com

dulie
Orpheus
dulie

@Orph

From memory it was an upgrade of around $3kish per stacker door. Depends on size of course, mine are 2.4 x 4m.

Oh wow, I'm guessing it would cost close to $10-12k to do for entire house (3x large stacker doors and like 15 windows)

@Orph

dulie

Dulie how much was all four of the stacker and the four pairs of handle?

I freaked out when I got the price.

24-27 $830
24-40 $1890
300 Series upgrade $2,180
Doric DN197 handles x 2 $1,400
Total $6,340 for two slider doors.

Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum