Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR in Sydney - Sekisui Luzia 2

Page 22 of 24
Hooooray!!!

"Green carpet" laid to the front door until we get some landscaping done!

Love your green lawn... oh carpet

Did Burbank provided for you or did you get that somewhere?

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
We got it from Bunnings so that our nice new floors wouldn't get ruined by the removalists. It's working really well! My husband has pegged it in so that it doesn't move.
We had a tradie turn up to our house yesterday to tell us he was going to do our driveway today.

And then the rain came. Needless to say we still don't have a driveway.....
We considered laying synthetic grass in our courtyard area. We sort of brushed it off as a fun joke, but now I'm thinking it might be an option lol.

ehhc
We considered laying synthetic grass in our courtyard area. We sort of brushed it off as a fun joke, but now I'm thinking it might be an option lol.

You can get some pretty good fake turf these days. My in-laws have it in their small backyard and it looks great. Plus no more mowing!
Hi Joneses, did burbank reimburse for delayed completion days.

shazaw
Hi Joneses, did burbank reimburse for delayed completion days.

I just wrote another email to the CSO asking how much liquidated damages we can expect, because no one is answering my phone calls or returning my emails about the matter.
Unfortunately I’ve heard Burbank drag their heels over this one. I’m in contact with another that is building with Burbank near us and has been waiting with no response for a very long time. Hope you get some action from them!!
Hey, you still have the driveway payment to go right? Hold them ransom over that one... I would haha

Worst concreting job ever. They poured on Wednesday morning, which was the hottest morning of the year. Surprise, surprise... the concrete set so fast that they couldn't smooth it out, so it is REALLLY rough, and some of the layback is crumbly. Needless to say we are not paying the final invoice...
Oh no....feel so sorry for you... didn't need this. The concretor should of known better! Has the concretor or Burbank said what they'll do to rectify? What sort of finish was it suppose to be, like cove, smooth, broom?

That’s shocking and now it’s Christmas close down, they should be ripping it up and starting again!
It was supposed to be a simple broom finish. They said they will do some sort of special surface finish on it, but there aren't even any expansion joins in it, so it will be interesting to see if it cracks... I will wait and see as to whether a surface coating will be enough or not.
We received an invoice on Wednesday for the driveway and asked to pay it by today, but there was no way I was paying for that!
Thank God we didn't wait for the driveway to move in!
Have they advised to hose it? I've seen people do it everyday for a good week or so when we got a massive slab poured on the farm we were on ages ago.

Far out that's still unbelievable. We took a gamble to not include driveway in Sekisui contract. As in it will be cheaper but run the risk of having to deal with a situation like this and chasing up the concretor who will probably just ignore us.

They haven't given us any advice. Thanks for the tip on hosing each day ehhc, we'll do that. Luckily it rained in the afternoon after the slab was poured.
My husband said he asked the concreters whether he should keep it wet, and he said they just laughed and said "there's nothing you can do for this concrete". Really helpful.... 😡
The_Joneses
My husband said he asked the concreters whether he should keep it wet, and he said they just laughed and said "there's nothing you can do for this concrete". Really helpful.... 😡

Man! Laughing at their own work.. crazy. They should have known it wouldn't turn out well with the predicted heat.

Research concrete paints/sealers/coatings and make sure you get the best and nicest option out there - for FREE! Choose what you want and demand tthat's what they do. Great opportunity to get a nice colour too
"MrsJM" on here had her driveway coated as she wasnt happy with the pour. You could ask her what she used. https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=79581&start=3680

Something like a fleck finish would be amazing and possibly thick enough to cover https://www.looksgreatconcrete.com.au/looks-great-fleck/ Im sure theres lots of other products too. We had a concreter here for our pool and he said there's this surface they can put on that looks a bit like render. You dont see the actual concrete at all, and it looks incredible. Not cheap - but hey you're not paying and its sure to be cheaper to them that ripping that damn driveway out and starting again!

Don't settle on just a coat or two of plain coloured paint. I think you will still see all the imperfections

As for expansion joints they'll need to put in saw cuts which is a popular option these days.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum