Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Oaklands Schofields

Page 22 of 42
@armanii & @an88

I'm under the same impression that if you decide not to build and the land settles under your name, you can always sell it off after. Unless there are special clauses which forces you to build, which I very much doubt. But please check with your solicitor and let us know what you find.
@ciscosky
That would be next to impossible for the vendor to enforce someone to build on the land they buy. Especially when building incurs a lot of expenditure.

He was talking more about selling the property to someone else before he himself settles on the property. To my understanding you can, provided the contract does not prohibit that. Again, I'm not sure why his solicitor needs that clause in the contract permitting it. Of course, it would be good for that clause to be in the contract, but if it is not, it is my understanding you can still sell it before you settle on the property yourself.

Hope someone can clear this up
@an88, yes you are correct, the developer will be handing the property in October 2016 which in my opinion will be January 2017, There many uncertainty between now and then I could become unemployed or ill, and if I want out I would need to sell before the handover date so that I do not loose my 10% deposit. My solicitor seems to be complicating the matter as In my opinion also as an88 there is no clause from me selling before handover. Where else can i clear the matter?? has any one asked their soclicitor regarding the matter?
Hello Mate...

Oakland is expecting to settle by April 2016 for all lots.
Correct I got a phone call from my solicitor today and they advised that land is expected to register by March 2016 as of now.

Hello All
I have just got the land on argowan road....
Lot 535..

Question: How do u know if this lot is level or not?
@brettvish,

You will need a contour map of your lot and preferably of your stage. We can then estimate from there.

Cheers,
Vithal

jp_oaklands
Correct I got a phone call from my solicitor today and they advised that land is expected to register by March 2016 as of now.

Is this even for the latest release 4 that is due for exchange on 15th July2015?

Thanks.

Thanks Vithal

Where can i get his info from ?

thanks for help
@brettvish,

Oaklands will provide with one if you request them. Please check with Rhiannon. Also check if she is able to give you the contour map for your stage. That gives you the bigger picture.

Cheers,
Vithal

is the march/April 2016 the date in which the latest release 4 will be registered as well? I thought it would have not have registered until early 2017.

Thanks
@an88,

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. As Stage 1 has slipped from Feb to April. Unless they really want to get everything out by April. Not to disappoint you but just so that you can set expectations accordingly. I never thought Stage 1 would be registered in Feb 2016 and it did slip to April as of now.

VithalMaddala01
@an88,

I wouldn't hold my breath on that. As Stage 1 has slipped from Feb to April. Unless they really want to get everything out by April. Not to disappoint you but just so that you can set expectations accordingly. I never thought Stage 1 would be registered in Feb 2016 and it did slip to April as of now.

Thanks VithalMaddala01. The later the better for me. Was just checking as others had posted they were advised April 2016 it will be all registered. That must have been for the Stage 1 buyers
Hello any one got a Good Solicitor who can clear my concerns in relations to me on-selling.

@brettvish your lot is next to mine and both lots look like a total gentle slope of 1.5 m but I can only see half of yours as mine has a total slope of 1.5m.
@an88 - yes for the release stage 4

another release this afternoon with the July Price: lot size 304m2 to 513m2 with the price $380,000 to $610,000. land with size of 400m2 sold for $500,000, that's 75,000 increasing since first release. Shock.
@dzh,

Which release are you referring to?.

Cheers,
Vithal

Email received:

Oaklands, Schofields Last Chance

Oaklands at Schofields has proved to be one of the most popular land estates in Sydney this year. Because of this, we only have a few remaining blocks available, and the good news is, they are available right now.

This opportunity is for our registered database only, and there are just 15 blocks available.
@dzh,

Looks like some lots have come back to the market albeit with inflated prices.

@VithalMaddala01 - and not sure what's was the reason behind it

Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

28/12/2023
Builder for double story house in Tallawong Schofields NSW

Building A New House

We bought land in Tallawong Schofields NSW size 30m X 12.5m and planning to get double story house build around 350 sqm. We are thinking about having premium inclusions…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum