Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stockland Corimbia, Landsdale

Page 22 of 22
Hi Corimbians, hope you all had a lovely Christmas

We are looking at security screens/doors, and we're tossing up between Amplimesh (similar to Crimsafe) and Clearshield. We had Amplimesh in our old house and we'd be happy to have them again but we also like the look of Clearshield screens.

However I found this thread, apparently clearshield screens let bugs in
I notice people who posted to that thread are in the Eastern states, are their bugs smarter or do we have the same problem in WA? Do you or your family/friends have Clearshield screens installed in their home? Anyone have problems with insects getting through their screens?
Sorry Janice, we're not getting any security screens so no idea!

Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year for this evening!
Happy New Year Corimbians!

Janicec, we are getting a mix of screens, they are called Xceed and Secureview but I'm pretty sure they would be pretty much the same thing as Crimsafe and Clearshield. I spoke to the installer about the insect issue because the holes looked quite big compared to the mesh on the crimsafe type, but when I measured them they were actually roughly the same size. They just looked a lot bigger! He also said that in WA security doors have to conform to a national standard re insects & security standards, but not all of the States have to. He said the only bugs that will get through are midges but they get through normal flywire as well.

Butters, we've gone with Optus. It's really fast! Loving it.
After doing our research we signed up with iinet.Optus was first on our list with their unlimited plan but when we look at the fine print it wasn't for the fastest speed. Good to hear it obviously doesn't need to be..
We have been with iinet before and were happy with them only going back to Telstra because Telstra gave us a better deal with a Foxtel package. Telstra doesn't have the same packages with NBN so they were too expensive. Hopefully iinet is awesome as well
Thanks for the info Palladian
Hi all!
Is anyone experiencing delays with the city of wanneroo approving your building licence? I'm in stage 13 and have been waiting almost 4 weeks! Keep getting told excuses and it's rather frustrating!! We get married in November so we are pushing it to get into the house before then so we can paint and do our landscaping etc before the big day
Hi Noodles,
We're in the same stage and having the same problem! Hopefully will have them back next week, I want to be in our house this year not next
Does anyone know what the colorbond fencing is installed in Corimbia??? And weather it's from stratco or somewhere else eg profile etc I know the colour is grey ridge but we need to try and match the profile
Hi All,

We have just built on Sissinghurst Crescent and had NBN company come and install their bit (we are going with telstra as our RSP); but apparently according to Telstra there is any issue with NBN and they can't come and connect their modem etc....has anyone had that issue with NBN not being ready for the RSP to come and install their device?
We received our building licence yesterday
about freaking time!! Hopefully the build process runs smoothly now! Does any one know what happens with the landscape package you got from stockland? Do you have to wait ages to get it done?
Noodles2013
We received our building licence yesterday
about freaking time!! Hopefully the build process runs smoothly now! Does any one know what happens with the landscape package you got from stockland? Do you have to wait ages to get it done?

yay for building permit!! we've just received our landscaping plan from the contractor, didn't take ages and honestly the front garden is the last thing i'd worry about
you have to clear your site before they would schedule your job, it's not something you can do straight away anyway... Do get onto the fencing mob as soon as possible. we sent them the form at lock up, we will not have fence when we move in by the sound of things. very annoyed.
I want to get it done ASAP as we get married in November and we have photographer and videographer and family over etc.
I also can't stand looking at sand haha
We have NBN yeah!!!!! Here's a speed test from our computer to show what speeds you can get in Corimbia
Provider - iinet 100/40mbs
Router - Apple Airport Extreme

Corimbia NBN

What we currently get in our rental in Landsdale from iinet.
Is it ultra fast?
Do I contact stockland to get the fencing form?
Noodles2013
Is it ultra fast?

I can see the speed is super fast by the speed test but to be honest I'm too busy sitting the house out to download anything from the net yet lol but I'm sure at nearly 100mbs it's super fast

Design by Greater Concept
Build by Premiere Homes
In regards to NBN do I just call a service provider to have it set up?
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum