Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 22 of 862
Hi Mel,

main wall paint is White Pepper, trim and doors are Flokati
Hi fallen apple,
Looks stunning

I chose flokati for all my trims too, bus sand drift for paint col.
Mel
Hi all

I'm building Regatta 23. Anyone has selected this house?

I received the Access speficiation, and noticed few things that I don't understand:

* Brick Clay Brick selection from Builders Standard Range.
* Roof Cement Tile selection from Builders Standard Range.
* Tiles selection from Builders Standard Range.

Can someone tell me what brands are in the standard range? are they from Boral? Can I view the selection from their website? I've heard about Cat 1, Cat 2 etc, what are they refer to?

* Insulation Sisalation to walls & R2.5 Cellulose insulation to ceiling. => is it enough? or should I upgrade them?

Btw, I've appointment with Hopetourn Interior the next following Monday. Are we selecting colour for about everything from brick, tiles, door, handler to gutter, window frame and so on?? Any suggestions are welcome because I'm so confuse now

Thanks in advance
mq
Hi mq,

You should go to the Hopetoun showroom before your selections. They are opened all weekend so get up early and make the most of it!!

As the house you are building is from the access range, Boral Cat 1 is the bricks you can pick from that will be included in the base price of your house. I would suggest that you use the search function as there are quite afew people who have build from the Access range. You can also see larger samples of the bricks at yo ur nearest Boral centre.

I would definitely suggest adding insulation to the walls and upgrading the roof insulation. Our place is 6 stars so the standard insulation was included, but because of the orientation of our house we had to pay a but extra to upgrade it. In the long run, it will save you money on heating costs!!

I can't remember what roof tiles are available, but they are standard and there are afew colours available. I am not sure if you can upgrade the roof tiles.

In terms of tiles selection, you might want to go to National Tiles after visiting Hopetoun. The standard range is along the back wall. Do you only plan on having tiles in the bathroom, laundry, toilet, ensuite and kitchen area? We paid extra to have a tiled hallway and dining + lounge room area.

Have you thought about electricals?? This can also add to the cost of the base price depending on what you want to do..

And YES!!! When you get there you select EVERYTHING!! It's abit scary so it's best to visit before hand to get a good idea of what you want to do.

Feel free to ask any other questions you have!
Hi Flagstaff, thanks for your reply.

flagstaffIV
Have you thought about electricals?? This can also add to the cost of the base price

What should I think about this one? upgrade the light? Things like downlights, heated lamps, alarm, sensor light, TV antenna? so many things... how much roughly to add all those? Will they install the phone connection for us or is it an extra?

Thanks
mq
Personally I hate downlights, we have them in our rental place now and they constantly blow for no reason, our daughters room has had light for about 3 days this year, we have to use a lamp, very painful.

PD do the Telstra connection, I think it was about $350.
Fallen_Apple
Personally I hate downlights,
PD do the Telstra connection, I think it was about $350.

so do I, only need them in the entry and kitchen area, I guess about 8 lights should be enough.

Is it cheaper if we organise telstra connection, tv antenna, lighting by ourselves?

Btw, what other cost or extra should I be aware of?

Anyone has a list of every items for color selection? how many they are? I guess Tiles selection is much easier (only for kitchen, bath, floor)
As Fallen Apple has stated above, PD now organise the Telephone connection. We had out Tender appointment 2 weeks ago and it was $385. Rough price for Electrical was $45 for TV points, $100 per downlight and $50 per dbl PP. We're up for our electrical appointment in the next few weeks, so I'll have a better idea soon.
Just on the phone connection question. We signed up in Feb this year. We paid $250 for the telstra pit and cable etc to the house. It is up to us to contact telstra to connect up.

Good to see for an additional fee they will now go through the connection process with Telstra for the customer also.

(Well, I hope that's the case as I certainly hope they haven't bumped their prices up $135 for the same thing as we're getting
)
Signing my contract on Wednesday - very excited.

Anyone got any advice or tips?
mel_mox

take it home and read it. Then read again. Make sure you understand everything in the contract. Don’t sign until you are ready too

Dont let them pressure you into signing it on the day

Good luck
bicko123
mel_mox

take it home and read it. Then read again. Make sure you understand everything in the contract. Don’t sign until you are ready too

Good luck

Bicko, you'll find some comments in this thread about signing on the day, you'll also find Jess from team PD advising if you are unsure you can organise another appointment to then review and sign contracts.
Hope this helps, good luck as I'm about 4 weeks behind you in progress so will be keen to see how you go
mel_mox

PD will not let you to bring your copy of contract till you sign and pay the balance 3% deposit. Remember to bring a cheque if you need the contract document if not they will post it after you pay the deposit
Chorlton
Hello All,

Can anyone help out here please

We visited Hopetoun Interiors today and was looking at the range of bricks which we can choose from for building our home. As our home is part of the PD "Lifestyle" collection we were told that we had to use Boral Bricks as opposed to Austral.

What confuses us though is that the names of the bricks which they have shown in Hopetoun don't all appear in the Victorian copy of the Boral Brick Catalog.

For example, these were some of those we liked which were on display at Hopetoun:

Botany Bay (Cat2)
Murry River (Cat 3)
Port Philip (Cat 3)
Brown Terraine (Cat 2)
Tanami (Cat 1)
Kurrajong (Cat 4)
Sandy Beach (Cat2)
Brown Earth (Cat2)

However, when we refer to the Boral Brochure we can only find Tanami, Sandy Beach, Kurrajong & Brown Terraine

Chorlton

Hi Chorlton,

Getting your head around selections and upgrades can be a challenging time I know. I understand that you have some questions regarding your Hopetoun Interiors appointment. Did you ask the sales people at Hopetoun about this? Also, I suggest bring these questions up with your CSA and make sure you check that the catalogue is up to date with the range that is available at the time. Cheers, Jess.
George's
bicko123
mel_mox

Good luck

Bicko, you'll find some comments in this thread about signing on the day, you'll also find Jess from team PD advising if you are unsure you can organise another appointment to then review and sign contracts.
Hope this helps, good luck as I'm about 4 weeks behind you in progress so will be keen to see how you go

It is not possible to fully read and understand your contract while sitting in front of your admin person, even if you re-schedule another appointment. It is your right to fully understand what you are signing. If PD do not allow this, tell them you refuse to sign.

- did you sign your loan contract in front of the bank manager without reading through it? NO
- Did you sign your land contract in front of the land sales consultant without reading the contract? NO

Why did you not sign the above in front of the related people? Because they send you the contract in the mail.

This is bullying tactics from PD and other builders. You should not have to feel forced into signing!
Thks bicko

You are spot on

Good luck[/quote]

Hope this helps, good luck as I'm about 4 weeks behind you in progress so will be keen to see how you go[/quote]

It is not possible to fully read and understand your contract while sitting in front of your admin person, even if you re-schedule another appointment. It is your right to fully understand what you are signing. If PD do not allow this, tell them you refuse to sign.

- did you sign your loan contract in front of the bank manager without reading through it? NO
- Did you sign your land contract in front of the land sales consultant without reading the contract? NO

Why did you not sign the above in front of the related people? Because they send you the contract in the mail.

This is bullying tactics from PD and other builders. You should not have to feel forced into signing![/quote]

Hi,

I am building Cremorne with PD. So for my Journiey with PD is good, We are at Lock up stage at the moment.I am reading this forum quite a while it is interesting to read people's experience.

Looking at different builder's, PD has got lot of options for floor plans then lot other's. some of builders got different house names for same floor plan.TBH we changed some of our colour selections even after sigining contract.
RRSV
some of builders got different house names for same floor plan.TBH we changed some of our colour selections even after sigining contract.

Is that right... Do you have any examples? Are they in the same state (example: are PD and another company selling the same plan under a different brand and name in Melbourne)? Not that I care as I've already signed up, but it would be interesting to get this info.
GoKangas
RRSV
some of builders got different house names for same floor plan.TBH we changed some of our colour selections even after sigining contract.

Is that right... Do you have any examples? Are they in the same state (example: are PD and another company selling the same plan under a different brand and name in Melbourne)? Not that I care as I've already signed up, but it would be interesting to get this info.

Places is another chain of PD and Eden Brae (NSW) are linked with PD too.
Hey rrsv any pics to show of your house or do u have a blog?
Mel
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum