Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Any experiences with Firstyle homes

Page 22 of 22
MaxAT
Hello All,

We are new to this forum and about to put down a holding deposit for a H & L package with Firstyle in Edmondson Park (EP), we choose Keswick 19.5. We spoke to different builders at EP, but found Firstyle package fit our budget most, also found Warren to be more accommodating with our request.

Land is said to be registered in October, but builder cannot confirm the timeframe in Oct 2018. Does anyone have delay in land registration in EP and how long is the delay?

What is your overall experience with Firstyle? How is their communication and how quick do they resolve any issues occurred?

How much do you have to upgrade from the basic inclusion? We do have the $32,000 style upgrade from Firstyle.

It's great we found this forum, for sure I will have a lot more questions from now on, thanks

Hi MaxAt,

Were on the same boat. My land registration initially is July then it was pushed back to October. Until now, I still don’t have news when it will get registered. My tender will expire on December. Maybe we have same details about the registration.
Hi All,

I just signed my tender with First style homes and this is our first home.
I am going for colour selection and electrical appointments soon.

Please provide me your experience with these, and what do we need to look during this stage.
Please also give some feed back about the brick selection with Austral and PGH
Which one will be better.
Please share your experience , so that it will help us guiding our first home selection.

Your comments much appreciated in advance,
Thanks and regards
Lini
lini.new breeze
Hi All,

Please provide me your experience with these, and what do we need to look during this stage.
Please share your experience , so that it will help us guiding our first home selection.

Thanks and regards
Lini

Before going into your colours appointment make sure you have a clear idea of colour themes, paint and generally how you envision your home to look.
Your electrical appointment will come before your colours, its very easy to rack up some a big bill through upgrades.

At your colours appointment you'll be presented with a whole bunch of options for your fixtures & fittings and you can upgrade them if you wish.

Take your time with these appointments, my suggestion would be to upgrade everything you wish and then you can remove things once they provide you a price list but once its signed off any further changes attract a variation fee per change.

As for brick selection, the selection of bricks available in your package is rather limited even with the "included upgrades" so take a look. We went out the Austral site a couple of times and they're really helpful there.
ravsingh21
lini.new breeze
Hi All,

Thanks and regards
Lini

Before going into your colours appointment make sure you have a clear idea of colour themes, paint and generally how you envision your home to look.
Your electrical appointment will come before your colours, its very easy to rack up some a big bill through upgrades.

At your colours appointment you'll be presented with a whole bunch of options for your fixtures & fittings and you can upgrade them if you wish.

Take your time with these appointments, my suggestion would be to upgrade everything you wish and then you can remove things once they provide you a price list but once its signed off any further changes attract a variation fee per change.

As for brick selection, the selection of bricks available in your package is rather limited even with the "included upgrades" so take a look. We went out the Austral site a couple of times and they're really helpful there.

Thanks for your message ravsingh21.

We are not good with colour selection.
Do we need appointment with Austral or, we can go and see type of bricks with out appointment.
lini.new breeze
ravsingh21
lini.new breeze
Hi All,

Thanks and regards
Lini

Thanks for your message ravsingh21.

We are not good with colour selection.
Do we need appointment with Austral or, we can go and see type of bricks with out appointment.

Can see bricks (even get home samples) without appointment...
IamSAM

Thanks Sam,
We have Done our Brick selection our the weekend.
It went smooth and I have selected Austral Whitsundays Orpheus, hope I got the good selection.
lini.new breeze
IamSAM

Thanks Sam,
We have Done our Brick selection our the weekend.
It went smooth and I have selected Austral Whitsundays Orpheus, hope I got the good selection.

We chose Orpheus as well, in fact I think 70% of our street chose it as well
Related
24/07/2023
Firstyle Tile Selection

General Discussion

Hi Kaiser85, We are building with Firstyle Homes. Our build has just started, slab pour is on Saturday (hopefully!). Their standard range is pretty good. We did our…

7/01/2024
What have been your experiences with building inspections?

Building A New House

You have mandatory building inspections and privately engaged building inspections. The difference between the two comes down to inspecting the building so it's safe and…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum