Building ForumBuilding A New House

Built an EB Memphis28Mk3

Page 22 of 33
congratz leonard! woohoo! progress!!
have they given you a date?
cielly
congratz leonard! woohoo! progress!!
have they given you a date?

Hi Cielly - Yes I have a handover date. Wednesday 4/11.

The Driveway is almost done.

hey, congrats on a great looking house. im also building with EB, expecting prac comp in 3-4 weeks. not sure if it will be a bit delayed now though - they just put 5 downlights and pretty much all of the aircon ducts in the wrong location ahhh! problems, problems problems!

im building a Metro 29. not as nice as the memphis but will hopefully turn out OK.
Mel_24_
hey, congrats on a great looking house. im also building with EB, expecting prac comp in 3-4 weeks. not sure if it will be a bit delayed now though - they just put 5 downlights and pretty much all of the aircon ducts in the wrong location ahhh! problems, problems problems!

im building a Metro 29. not as nice as the memphis but will hopefully turn out OK.

Hi Mel - Thanks, we have had a couple hic-ups along the way but by and large we have had a pretty good build.

Hope everything goes ok with your place.

Rgds

Leonard.
The driveway is looking great done in pavers. You don't see many like that these days, it's nearly always concrete in one form or another.

Great handover date on 4/11 (my birthday
)
Hels
The driveway is looking great done in pavers. You don't see many like that these days, it's nearly always concrete in one form or another.

Great handover date on 4/11 (my birthday
)

Hi Hels - yep given the gradient involved from gutter to garage we decided against just plain concrete. We didn't want to have to deal with or look at a big crack straight across the drive years down the track.

Hey Happy Birthday for next week.
Leonard,

is the memphis a 'designer' style home? the metro 29 is and there were a few things EB tried charging me for that were standard inclusions. 1. pavers - were yours included at no extra cost? they tried telling me it was only concrete and stenciling allowed for but i got it free in the end. 2. painted bulkheads to kitchen cupboards - included/listed in contract under standard inclusions, not presented in the display home, they tried charging us, i got for free as i showed the the contract w had both signed!. 3. how far up the wall does your tiling go above vanities? my SS only tiled 1 tile course (est 20cm) above vanity bench but I had in writing from EB that the tiles extend 1.5m above vanity benches so another thing they tried short changin us. before handover make sure you double check your contract inclusions just incase...all the best.
Hi Mel,

The Memphis is in the Prestige range. Yep Pavers included. The tiling was done as per selection and layout appointment. The bulkhead paint issue did not occur on my build.

Rgds

Leonard.
heya leonard, congratz on the handover date! you must be excited to finally have a date
COngrats on the handover date, hope it all goes smoothly! Love your paved driveway

Caz
WOW!!!! Leonard your house has come along beautifully
you must be hugely pleased. And yes, I agree with having a harder wearing carpet, especially with twins around!!!! The bricks and cream mortar looks amazing!!

I hope handover goes nicely for
cielly
heya leonard, congratz on the handover date! you must be excited to finally have a date

cazoraz
COngrats on the handover date, hope it all goes smoothly! Love your paved driveway

Caz
Jodie80
WOW!!!! Leonard your house has come along beautifully
you must be hugely pleased. And yes, I agree with having a harder wearing carpet, especially with twins around!!!! The bricks and cream mortar looks amazing!!

I hope handover goes nicely for

Thanks guys for all of your well wishes and support.

Yep very excited to see it all done, get the handover and the settlement completed and then we can oraganise to have the ducted air done and then we can move in !!! Mostly looking forward to living in a house with insulation and Air Cond for the kids comming into Summer. The extra space is also high on the list.

I've got a plan on how to tackle the landscaping that will see the side of the house completed resonably quickly so that the kids have a safe outdoor area to play in. The rest will be done in stages 2, 3, and 4.
Handover tomorrow??????? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I had to quickly sneak in here and wish you guys the best for tomorrow, so exciting!!!!
BEST OF LUCK WITH HANDOVER LEONARD!!!!!!!

hi Leonard.

hope all went well with the handover. if possible could you let me know what happens with EB handovers as ill have mine in 3-4 weeks time.

also what colour pavers did you choose? peppercorn by any chance?

Mel
Hi All,

The Handover went well but it felt more like a walk-thru quality check
. We got to inspect all of the house inside and out and we got to mark things with tape that needs touch ups etc.

Lots of little paint touch up's and a couple of scatched tiles needing to be repalced and another broken window
. The biggest issue I found was the nib wall leading from the family room to the hallway has a twist in it with about a 10mm run-out from top to bottom. It was easy to spot as the skirting board doesn't line up with the edge of the floor tiles.

We signed the handover document which included a deatiled list of each and every item we found needing to be fixed.

The next steps are for EB to fix all of the identified items, then we get to re-inspect and then when satisfied we do the settlement and then we get the keys.

The blinds and shutters are going in tomorrow.

EB apparently have a new policy that the stove and hot water system don't go in until after handover to reduce the risk of break-in. A good idea but it would have been nice to see my Kitchen completed today...ohh well...

I need to goto see the council about my retaining wall next. The original DA does not contain sufficinet inforamtion as to the retaining walls. This is going to be fun.......NOT......

I got my quotes back to get the main wall done in core fill Besser Blocks but my problem is it will consume a big chunk of my aloted budget for landscaping so I have decided to do the DIY option with a dry stack retaining wall for less than a third the cost that's if the Council allow me to do it.

Yes Mel - Peppercorn for the pavers.
Hi Leonard.

thank you very much for the info on handover - makes me feel a bit more confident in what to expect. was there any indication how long it would take for EB to fix the outstanding items? i'm guessing you then reinspect and if happy pay the last progress payment for completion and if not happy they fix again and you reinspect again until happy the pay? i hope they dont take long to fix my issues and they get it right the first time as they will probably have handover at the end of this month which leaves only a couple of weeks to fix things before they close for christmas (i'm now getting a little nervous!)

BTW the pavers look great. we also chose peppercorn. he had chosen boral 'ash' but that became not available and we had to reselect. we are hoping the browny-grey of the peppercorn paver will complement the other natural colours in our place as well as a dark grey. i noticed they did not include many 'burn' marks in your pavement (the pavers with the dark marks on). ive asked for the marked ones to be discarded, im hoping they will follow this request, but im not holding my breath. they should do the driveway soon as they just removed the temp fencing yesterday.

Mel
Hopefully those issues will get sorted out soon. We had PD (in Melb) who also installed the appliances at the last minute for security reasons.

Do you have an apporx date for moving in yet?
Hi Mel,

Yep the xmas shutdown is fast approaching. My SS said he was confident he could get everything done in just over a week.

So if you factor in a week to fix things and then our re-inspect

Then a day or 2 to receive the final invoice in the post,

Then a couple days for my bank to do the transaction,

Then arrange to meet onsite to get the keys we are realistically looking at best 2&1/2 weeks and probably closer to 3 weeks from today before we are able to start moving in.

I too wanted a darker driveway paver but it was an upgrade cost that I just couldn't justify so I went with the builder's range. It turned out really good. Time will tell though. I have already spotted a loose one right in front of the front door.

Good luck with your place - watch out for sticky beeker's once the fence comes down. The other day I spotted 3 guys standing in my Alfresco having a good old gander in the windows while one of their dogs was leaving a number 2 calling card on my side yard.

I pulled up and casually said "Gee your place looks great, when are you moving in?"

All of a sudden the dog was not the only one sh!tting itself.

The nerve of some people these days.............
did they pick up after their dog at least?
Related
29/07/2023
House possibly built on spring (1960's home)

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We purchased a 1960s property that is on timber stumps mostly, and a newer section is on concrete stumps. We had a building inspection initially and they reported some…

9/08/2023
Built-in Shelving

General Discussion

Strong enough for what? For linen, absolutely. To climb on, no. I've got similar shelving in my garage and it holds a decent amount of weight. 900 wide shelves will carry…

11/09/2023
Built-in wardrobe: MDF?

Building A New House

Probably a not bad thing to mention particle board should in case anyone else reading this got the two confused.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum