Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Homebuyers Centre in VICTORIA?

Page 209 of 250
Atherbogan
anyone with a bedroom measuring 3x2.7. how do you find the size, is it practical or too small. What bed would you recommend for the room?

We are 3.6 X 3.3 and we find it too cramped. We do have a king size bed though, and it's a massive one so that's having an impact. To maximise space we've installed built in drawers in the walk-in robe, and we've mounted our tv on the wall. We will also be removing the footer of our bed (which is a huge shoe shelf that sticks out about 60cms), and will remove our bedside towers which should help.

puglover
Atherbogan
anyone with a bedroom measuring 3x2.7. how do you find the size, is it practical or too small. What bed would you recommend for the room?

We are 3.6 X 3.3 and we find it too cramped. We do have a king size bed though, and it's a massive one so that's having an impact. To maximise space we've installed built in drawers in the walk-in robe, and we've mounted our tv on the wall. We will also be removing the footer of our bed (which is a huge shoe shelf that sticks out about 60cms), and will remove our bedside towers which should help.

thanks Puglover. One more question. did you measure your rooms to see if they fit the measurements. I went to one of the display homes , the plan claims the dining space is 3.1 x3 but it just didnt look like it was 3x3. Do you know if the measurements include the outside or its just the internal space. Im so worried I will have a cramped house.
Atherbogan
puglover
Atherbogan

thanks Puglover. One more question. did you measure your rooms to see if they fit the measurements. I went to one of the display homes , the plan claims the dining space is 3.1 x3 but it just didnt look like it was 3x3. Do you know if the measurements include the outside or its just the internal space. Im so worried I will have a cramped house.

We checked the floor plan for the measurements and then measured all our furniture to make sure it would fit before we signed up. We love our King size bed and would never have built a house it wouldn't fit into
I love the storm colours although we chose a different internal colour scheme.. I don't remember the name. It's similar to buganda.
One of our bedrooms is 3 x 2.8 metres. We have a double bed pushed towards the window in one corner and in the opposite corner we have a small desk and chair. It isn't huge but works.

Im struggling to pick colours external and internal
can someone help with some photos of there colours and what ones they picked,
HBC have updated and changed their themes since we made our selection. From what I've seen on this forum, many of the new choices are gorgeous. My advice is to choose a theme that has dark grey window frames, guttering, sliding doors, etc. Only one external theme had this when we made our choice and this is what we decided upon. We wanted to stay away from beiges and black.

I love the internal colour storm 😍

Thats all I got... (not mine just a HB display)

bugnada
HBC have updated and changed their themes since we made our selection. From what I've seen on this forum, many of the new choices are gorgeous. My advice is to choose a theme that has dark grey window frames, guttering, sliding doors, etc. Only one external theme had this when we made our choice and this is what we decided upon. We wanted to stay away from beiges and black.

I agree, we have a sandy-beige external main colour and I don't like it. We did choose to upgrade our roof and garage door and make them charcoal instead of what it was meant to be originally and I'm SO glad we did. We are going to get concrete display walls in our front garden and we will be matching the colour to the roof and installing white shutters to take attention away from the beige colouring.
I cant believe how much the price has gone up for the Jasper17 in the estate im building in. Sooo glad we got in when we did phewww

Idea of what size furniture you can fit in the Jasper17

A rectangular 8 seater dining table surprisingly fits and works beautifully in the Jasper 17. We also have a console table beside the garage door. Unfortunately the island bench is mainly sink and dining table is close by, so no room for stools. It would look too squishy and in my opinion, they wouldn't be used as the dining table is right there.

bugnada
A rectangular 8 seater dining table surprisingly fits and works beautifully in the Jasper 17. We also have a console table beside the garage door. Unfortunately the island bench is mainly sink and dining table is close by, so no room for stools. It would look too squishy and in my opinion, they wouldn't be used as the dining table is right there.

Hi Buganda,

My floorplan isn't a jasper but its got similar dimensions for the dining room space. What do you think is the widest table that would fit comfortably in that 2.5m space? Like you, I'd probably not bother with stools at the kitchen bench.
Who wanted to see what a $690 letter box looks like?

Lost and happy
bugnada

Hi Buganda,

My floorplan isn't a jasper but its got similar dimensions for the dining room space. What do you think is the widest table that would fit comfortably in that 2.5m space? Like you, I'd probably not bother with stools at the kitchen bench.

The table that we have is 2100mm long with a depth of 1050mm. I wouldn't go any bigger, as you also need to consider the space for the chairs. Hope that helps

puglover

That's an incredibly expensive mailbox!

bugnada
puglover

That's an incredibly expensive mailbox!

That's the HBC letter box that my neighbours got. We got one that looks much the same in grey for $290 at Masters
We did our own too puglover, $200 from Bunnings and much nicer too.

Does anyone know how much HBC charge for landscaping? Quite curious after seeing how much they charge for a mailbox?

puglover

Omg i wanna cry !

Its so not even worth it. I prefer my mums $250 from masters !!!!!

I wish I had seen it sooner !!! If of got it taken off !!!

Related
2/08/2023
victorian homebuyers fund

General Discussion

I havent, and i havent looked to much into it, but on face value its not the saviour its trying to make out to be. Shared equity in your home is never a good idea. The…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum