Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 204 of 862
Team PD
puppyso
Hi everyone,

We had hand over on 25th Nov, moved in on 3rd December and enjoyig the house

EXCEPT, for 1 major problem:

Our roof tile has not been placed over the gutter and there's a gap where birds has come through and set up their homes!!. We had heavy rain down in Tarneit and I believe that our insulation batts are all soaked! not to mention the plaster board in the ceiling and walls are probably damaged.

I had informed our BC and SS last week but up to today no action has been taken. I will update some of the photo's on my blog.

I was happy with PD up till now. Very upset and dissapointed that this issue was not addressed and rectified at the building stage. It looks like a design flaw.

I'll have to contact VCAT soon if I don't get a response from my BC and SS.

Hi puppyso,

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve experienced with your roof and how upset you are. I want to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible so I have forward your message onto the main PD office to follow up with the NHC Team. Please keep me in the loop with the progress of this. Regards, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Still no one has contacted me, even though my BC had informed my SS to give me a call.
sealing the garage floor.. check it out:
http://www.conpro.com.au/advice/reseali ... age-floor/
tstr1a

Thanks tstr1a,

Is this something that PD must do. Sorry, I have no idea.
eli-kay123
tstr1a

Thanks tstr1a,

Sealing the floor is not a standard item which PD does; it’s an optional extra which roughly costs about $1,000.

In my situation scaffolding used for bricking chipped and scratched the garage floor surface and PD has agree to seal the floor.
tstr1a
eli-kay123
tstr1a

Thanks tstr1a,

Sealing the floor is not a standard item which PD does; it’s an optional extra which roughly costs about $1,000.

In my situation scaffolding used for bricking chipped and scratched the garage floor surface and PD has agree to seal the floor.

Thanks for explaining this tstr1a. It was good of PD to do this for you. Bummer, we never got this option, actually I didn't know it existed thru PD. Sounds like a great idea to protect the flooring. Something for me to think about doing after handover.
Thanks for explaining this tstr1a. It was good of PD to do this for you. Bummer, we never got this option, actually I didn't know it existed thru PD. Sounds like a great idea to protect the flooring. Something for me to think about doing after handover.[/quote]

it's really easy to do yourself after handover...

How is your build coming along?
How exciting Tstr1a, you guys must be finding it hard to sleep tonight! Can't wait to see more pics.

Hope everyone else is going smoothly, been reading a bit but been crazy getting Chrissie pressies organised but I've finally finished shopping YAY! Frames are coming along at our place, I've added some pics to my thread
JLD
How exciting Tstr1a, you guys must be finding it hard to sleep tonight! Can't wait to see more pics.

Hope everyone else is going smoothly, been reading a bit but been crazy getting Chrissie pressies organised but I've finally finished shopping YAY! Frames are coming along at our place, I've added some pics to my thread

Lol I'm still awake and we have an early appointment with our SS before we get the keys from the office
So exciting tstr1a ! Cant wait for move in pics!

We found out yesterday we have a new SS- so much for meeting him for the first time last week! I spoke with the Const. Mgr yesterday and he was very helpful and gave me someones number to speak with until the new SS has been finalised. So fingers crossed our new SS is a good one!
tstr1a
Handover tomorrow. Can’t wait

Hi tstr1a,

Well done! It doesn’t seem like that long ago that you joined the forum and your journey began - it was just around the time I took over from Jess. I hope you remain present on the forum, as I’m sure many other members would agree, you’ve been really helpful to them.
Cheers, Ebony
puppyso
Team PD
puppyso
Hi everyone,

We had hand over on 25th Nov, moved in on 3rd December and enjoyig the house

EXCEPT, for 1 major problem:

Our roof tile has not been placed over the gutter and there's a gap where birds has come through and set up their homes!!. We had heavy rain down in Tarneit and I believe that our insulation batts are all soaked! not to mention the plaster board in the ceiling and walls are probably damaged.

I had informed our BC and SS last week but up to today no action has been taken. I will update some of the photo's on my blog.

I was happy with PD up till now. Very upset and dissapointed that this issue was not addressed and rectified at the building stage. It looks like a design flaw.

I'll have to contact VCAT soon if I don't get a response from my BC and SS.

Hi puppyso,

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulties you’ve experienced with your roof and how upset you are. I want to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible so I have forward your message onto the main PD office to follow up with the NHC Team. Please keep me in the loop with the progress of this. Regards, Ebony

Hi Ebony,

Still no one has contacted me, even though my BC had informed my SS to give me a call.

Hi puppyso,

I’m will follow this up for you again, I have requested that they get in contact with you and I’m sorry that they haven’t done so yet. I will do my best to get this actioned for you as soon as possible. I really appreciate your patience during this time. Regards, Ebony
I have to say that I am in the same boat - i had complete trust in my SS and BC and have been completely ignored since handover.

Ebony has tried to help, and I have even sent an email directly to the manager of PD Prestige west - but so far no response.

I too will have to take things further.
Handover confirmed for the 13th Jan!

tstr1a
Thanks for explaining this tstr1a. It was good of PD to do this for you. Bummer, we never got this option, actually I didn't know it existed thru PD. Sounds like a great idea to protect the flooring. Something for me to think about doing after handover.

it's really easy to do yourself after handover...

How is your build coming along?[/quote]

Yeah, I mentioned this to my partner last night and as he works for an adhesive company they actually make the epoxy & he said he can do it himself.

The build is coming along fine. Pretty much everything is in. Though there are little issues here and there but that's expected. Not long before handover (24 Jan). Have just put deposits on carpet and floorboards ready to install after handover. There is so much $$$$$ to spend after handover. A bit tight with cash at the moment as the deposit of the sale of my home is not due to come thru until early Jan. We will be using this to do our flooring, driveways etc... Both side colourbond fences are up just waiting to do the back fence. Over the next few weeks will need to get ideas and cost on aggregate concreting. Have been slack putting up pictures and I've misplaced my camera
Will try and put some pictures up soon.

This is the carpet we ordered thru Western Distributors.
http://www.onlinecarpet.com.au/search-o ... egance-364

This is the spotted gum that we ordered thru Top Notch Flooring
http://www.northernriverstimber.com.au/spotted_gum.php
Frame stage complete! Roof looks like it will be on by the end of the week
So exciting. Windows are on site and gutters/fascia are up. How long roughly til I can book my pre-plaster inspection do you think? [or rather what was your experience of this stage to plaster stage, how long?]
thebigbuild
Frame stage complete! Roof looks like it will be on by the end of the week
So exciting. Windows are on site and gutters/fascia are up. How long roughly til I can book my pre-plaster inspection do you think? [or rather what was your experience of this stage to plaster stage, how long?]

Nice one TBB... How does the house feel with the frame up? Cool that they are getting onto the roof now and not next year. I thought the windows and extrernal doors are part of frame stage?

Not sure about pre-plaster inspection. I'd guess you'd book in when the insulation is fitted?

Our frame finished yesterday, and we had the invoice in our email inbox by 3pm! There won't be any more activity until next year now.
That's great the bigbuild! Moving right along

We are doing to do the pre-plaster inspection so once we meet our new SS i will ask approx. when it will be so i can finalise the inspection company.

We went by our lot tonight and we now have roof tiles and the windows are still waiting to be installed- was told by our temp. SS that they would be before x-mas break, but was told even if things are installed they can still be stolen, but PD would replace them!

Funny thing i went across the street to take a picture and there was a window/frame on the ground after looking at it we noticed it was our ensuite window! It was in our garage on Friday and today on the grass of another builder! Very strange!
I have PCI kickoff at 6.30am.. yes.. 6.30am kiddies..
Good luck Humble! I hope it all goes smoothly

Oh and if it makes you feel any better, by 6.30 I have already been up for an hour :/
Handover yesterday and I'm really happy.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum