Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 203 of 862
cattycatcat
Another question from me...

When using the PD 24/7 portal there is a section for photos.. There isn't any photos of my house in it (it actually says that if there aren't any pics then construction of your house hasn't begun) My question is: Does anyone's 24/7 portal have photos to look through or is this another "great feature" that just isn't used?

Cheers,

Cat

Lol.. you never get any pics.
cattycatcat

When using the PD 24/7 portal there is a section for photos.. There isn't any photos of my house in it (it actually says that if there aren't any pics then construction of your house hasn't begun) My question is: Does anyone's 24/7 portal have photos to look through or is this another "great feature" that just isn't used?

Cheers,

Cat

We had no photos for our Access home as apparently they couldn't get the 24/7 portal to work.

On the other hand, we had one lot of blurry photos for our Prestige home and that's only because we asked for photos during fixing stage because we couldn't get into the house to have a look.
cattycatcat

Cheers,

Cat

Hi Cattycatcat,

I'm sorry that there aren’t any photos up. That feature of the 24seven portal has had a glitch which we aware of and have been looking into. We do realise how frustrating this has been for clients, and like Solid Gold, I’m sure that if you needed some pictures your BC could get some sent to you. Cheers, Ebony
Team PD
cattycatcat

Cheers,

Cat

Hi Cattycatcat,

I'm sorry that there aren’t any photos up. That feature of the 24seven portal has had a glitch which we aware of and have been looking into. We do realise how frustrating this has been for clients, and like Solid Gold, I’m sure that if you needed some pictures your BC could get some sent to you. Cheers, Ebony

Sorry Ebony, but has it been broken since July? I dont have pics either.
humble
Team PD
cattycatcat

Cheers,

Cat

Hi Cattycatcat,

Sorry Ebony, but has it been broken since July? I dont have pics either.

it's never worked

PD website advertises it as a feature and it never works.... LOL
http://porterdavis.com.au/#/24sevenvideo
Hi Guys,

The Christmas and New break is just around the corner & we hope you're all prepared for a lovely holiday. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight the opening hours for Porter Davis over the break:

Display centres
Close this Sunday 18 December at 5pm
Open Tuesday 3 January at 11am

Offices
Close Friday 23 December at 5pm
Open Tuesday 3 January at 8.30am

New Home Care - 1300 744 833
Close Friday 23 December at 3pm
With the exception of 28-30 December

1800 PORTER
Close Friday 23 December at 5pm
With the exception of 28-30 December – phone lines will be open 9am to 5pm

If you have any questions, feel free to call the office on 1800 PORTER or you can visit a Porter Davis Display Home and talk to one of our staff.

I will also be off line from Wednesday 21 December and will be returning on Tuesday 3 January 2012.

We'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from everyone at Porter Davis.

Have fun & stay safe.

Cheers, Ebony
Hi all,
We just updated our blog with the weeks pics. Enjoy!

Windows should be installed next week, can't wait
Rups
Hi all,

Very nice house guys. Keep the updates coming
Thank you all for your replies. It's good to know I'm not the only one

@Ebony,
Thanks for the info, I wasn't really looking for an apology, just wanted to know if it was normal.

Cheers.
Our house is pretty much done. We have PCI this week, they have already completed the touchup's for paint..
Rups
Hi all,

Looks great Rups! I have to ask as you have mentioned it before - what is a noggin? lol

Cant wait to see what they have comepleted by the end of this week for you! The house next to us is building at the same time and has the same SS and have been behind us by a day or 2 but it now ahead of us? we think maybe something came up in our frame inspection? We will be following up with our SS today to verify.

Keep updating us!
Thanks Sammyjane31... Noggins are the pieces of framing wood used inbetween studs to maintain structural integrity.

You can get more added to locations where you know you will fit heavy things to plaster after handover (towel rails, artwork, chandeliers, projector etc), so they are much more secure than just being attached to plaster or a wallmate.
Rups
Hi all,

Coming along nicely Rups.
Rups
Thanks Sammyjane31... Noggins are the pieces of framing wood used inbetween studs to maintain structural integrity.

You can get more added to locations where you know you will fit heavy things to plaster after handover (towel rails, artwork, chandeliers, projector etc), so they are much more secure than just being attached to plaster or a wallmate.

Do you have to pay for those??? At electrical i said i wanted to have a hannging light above the kitchen tbale so they add extra reinforcement and charged us for it.

May have to chat with my hubby tonight and see what he thinks....but towel rails are a good idea!

Thanks for your help- i sound like such a rookie!
Hi all,

I thought I would share this if anyone wants to know the price I got for Timberfloor boards. We spent a few months looking at different types of timber flooring and prices. The best we came up with and what suited us was the timberfloor board from Unique Timber Floors (UTF) in Hoppers Crossing (Timbertop Spotted Gum Engineered Flooring - tongue in groove system). PD uses these guys for their flooring though PD charged us $5k more than what UTF charged us. Then I went to look into it further trying to source the same product elsewhere and yes I found a place that quoted $1000 less than UTF. We have purchased the Timbertop Flooring from Top Notch Flooring who uses Unique Timber Floors as their show room anyhow. So if you are interested in knowing the price keep reading on......

The way it seems to work is the more you order the cheaper it is per m2.

Our quote is:
Supply: 84 Boxes X 1.3868 per box = 116.4912m2 (as supplied by client) Timbertop Spotted Gum Engineered Flooring 1820 x 127 x 14.5mm @ $75.37m2 (Inc GST) $8999.99 and Underlay: 120m2 x 4 Rolls x 30m each $220.

For Top Notch Flooring to have it delivered to your address add around $132 or you can pick it up from the warehouse in Derrimut.

The layer is charging $2900 to lay the above. Total we are looking supplied and layed is $11,900.

We've had quotes ranging from $13k to $18k. It's really worth ringing around and doing your homework.
Handover tomorrow. Can’t wait
Amazing news tstr1a!!! Congratulations!!!!
tstr1a

Merry Christmas! (it will be for you LOL)

Congratulations!
congrats & hope things will go smoothly for you tstr1a!!!
tstr1a

Congratulations, the time has finally come....whooo whooo,

I was reading your blog and would like to know what do you mean by "Seal the garage floor". What is involved and how do you know if it's been sealed. Thanks in advance.

Also if you have privacy locks on your bathroom/toilet/bedroom doors check them as our can still open even after we've locked them.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum