Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes - Modified Longreach 33 in QLD

Page 21 of 26
Hopefully it's only that many, not heard anything more, will be chasing it up tomorrow and STILL haven't had a reply about the bricks. As for PCI, the SS will point out all the paint defects, he found loads that we didn't see or missed. The main one was the kitchen bench for us and some marks on kitchen cabinets so make sure you check those. Also, we didn't have a socket with the USB outlet that we should have had and make sure you have all your drawers lol
em-n-craig
Hopefully it's only that many, not heard anything more, will be chasing it up tomorrow and STILL haven't had a reply about the bricks. As for PCI, the SS will point out all the paint defects, he found loads that we didn't see or missed. The main one was the kitchen bench for us and some marks on kitchen cabinets so make sure you check those. Also, we didn't have a socket with the USB outlet that we should have had and make sure you have all your drawers lol
How did you go, were you able to chase it up today?

https://www.homeone.com.au/member/bribiebell
We should have had a brick clean and garage security screen door fitted yesterday. Going to head to the house tomorrow morning to see if the mortar is still going grey.
Howdy Craig,

I can't believe that stone bench is still causing you grief. I hope your trip tomorrow brings good news with it and they have cracked the whip and gotten your items ticked off.

If your mortar is going a funky colour or growing a fuzz look up brick efflorescence, it explains a lot.

Crossing fingers for you the work is done 🤞

Tribe7
Howdy Craig,

I can't believe that stone bench is still causing you grief. I hope your trip tomorrow brings good news with it and they have cracked the whip and gotten your items ticked off.

If your mortar is going a funky colour or growing a fuzz look up brick efflorescence, it explains a lot.

Crossing fingers for you the work is done 🤞

Hey, Tribe, nice to see you again and yep it's being painful. Went there this morning and brick clean hasn't been done - so frustrating.

We have efflorescence which I understand, but the mortar is going from a beige (supposed to be off white) to grey in areas. Will see what happens when (and if) the brick clean happens.

I'm not 100% confident as the communication has dropped off so I've contacted head office to try and get some answers as the final payment won't be getting processed until it's all done.
I can't believe you are still having issues! I hope it is resolved soon so you can put it all behind you and move in!
How did you find head office, were they helpful?

Tamara1975
I can't believe you are still having issues! I hope it is resolved soon so you can put it all behind you and move in!

It's going at snails pace now, bench top is booked for Monday with inspection Tuesday after cleaners have been in again, hoping to move in late next week.
bribiebell
How did you find head office, were they helpful?

They apparently passed on an email to SS and I did get a call today from him.

Brick clean wasn't done - apparently that happens tomorrow so will be going up over the weekend to have a look. Security screen was fitted to the garage door today so that's something at least
Hopefully your brick clean happened!! I can't believe that you've just stopped, maybe thy thought you would lay down and accept the defects
charlibear
Hopefully your brick clean happened!! I can't believe that you've just stopped, maybe thy thought you would lay down and accept the defects

I will be heading up there tomorrow to check it out and see if it's made any difference, they are going to do a high pressure clean instead of an acid clean.

I reckon that's what they were hoping and no way were we going to accept a 3.6 meter piece of stone benchtop that was covered in marks and had a crappy chip repair done to it
Pics please... we want to judge also lol

em-n-craig
charlibear

I will be heading up there tomorrow to check it out and see if it's made any difference, they are going to do a high pressure clean instead of an acid clean.

I reckon that's what they were hoping and no way were we going to accept a 3.6 meter piece of stone benchtop that was covered in marks and had a crappy chip repair done to it

I swear they must think half of their customers have the mental capacity of a 3 year old to try and put obvious things past them and hope for the best
looking for meats to your update today
Hey em-n-Craig.

How's things?
What are Coral doing?
You're supposed to be in your home before us!
I'm sorry you have to wait so long for things to be fixed.
Hey Craig with your progress, or lack thereof! Sorry to hear of these near-end of build frustrations!

Hope we can all hear of some good news soon!
Sorry for the delayed response, been running round like crazy the last few days, hope you are sitting comfortably as this might take a while.

Brick clean was done, but hasn't done much, just make the bricks look a bit cleaner - the grey mortar is still grey and it didn't miraculously make the mortar gaps smaller by the front door or repair any of the damaged bricks - but you've gotta give them an A for effort. The area manager for PGH is coming to have a look at them Thursday - these must be the most admired bricks in QLD, maybe they are hoping to stare rectify them.....maybe it's a new technique

The plan with the kitchen bench was to have it fitted yesterday, cleaners in this morning and us to meet SS at 10am. Soooooooo, we went to the house today and as we pulled up I saw the kitchen fitters truck - not a good sign. The SS was on his phone on loudspeaker going off at someone to do with the bench top so we walked in and found the new bench top in with no sink - it was damaged when they took it out and apparently let the SS know at 5.30 last night. The SS had requested that the join in the bench top was placed inline with the tap to make it look neater, but they put it in the same place as the last one. The choice was have another bench top made and face another week's delay or accept the one there and decided to go with the one there as it had a real good join and we weren't too bothered about it being in the same place.

Also, floors need to be cleaned as grout is still dirty when mud was walked everywhere, hoping the grout isn't stained.

The plan is to have the new sink fitted tomorrow then hopefully do handover Thursday morning and be able to start moving in.
What a bloody nightmare

What do they think they can do to fix your bricks? The mortar is grey

Glad you found a solution with your kitchen bench, can't wait for pics
So glad to have an update. OMG KEYS TOMORROW!! I'm so happy for the good news for you I hope he can come thru with the goods.

charlibear
What a bloody nightmare

What do they think they can do to fix your bricks? The mortar is grey

Glad you found a solution with your kitchen bench, can't wait for pics

Yep it sure is

Well they reckon they are getting the brick cleaners back again will see what happens. We paid for off white mortar that's beige and some of it in a couple of areas has a grey coming through, think it will have to be chipped out and re pointed.

Will be taking some pics tomorrow
bribiebell
So glad to have an update. OMG KEYS TOMORROW!! I'm so happy for the good news for you I hope he can come thru with the goods.

Thanks Bribie, will be so happy if it happens tomorrow. Have taken the day off so will be executing squatters rights if not lol. Had a text to say all in go for tomorrow so meeting at house at 10 - fingers crossed
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum