Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Sloping Narrow site: Hamptons style build. Cabinetry

Page 21 of 28
Totally Agree with the sound proofing. I put them in between rooms and also to isolate the laundry from the family/ dining/ home theatre. Best ever investment.

thanks guys. im hoping it makes a difference!
Some pics of plaster. Can't believe how much bigger it makes the place look.

Living/kitchen

Hallway

Cinema. Plaster is a different color in this room as it's the sound proof plaster

Garage

Laundry

Powder

7m void looking up. Should look good when scaffolding comes down

Place look huge!

Our 37sq Custom Hamptons Inspired Home:
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=86931
Dani_J
Place look huge!

thanks dani - yeah i wanted open plan cos i feel cramped when in small spaces. never had this before but hopefully we like it when we move in

had some good progress last few days, locked in our kitchen, stonemason, wardrobe supplier and updated a few 2-pac paint colours. so full steam ahead.

the plasterers did their "patch ups" this week, will be sanding and painting next week.
Have you guys decided on your WIR layout? Assuming your having built in cabinetry? We still have to work out what we want for ours

What did you change with the 2 pac colors?

Dani_J
Have you guys decided on your WIR layout? Assuming your having built in cabinetry? We still have to work out what we want for ours

What did you change with the 2 pac colors?

Yep. WIR layout all done. Pics below. Doing it in stone grey melamine. Came to a little over 4k from the kitchen place including Blum drawers and backing board.

Changed the cabinet colour in powder room to "silkwort" Dulux to match the new Subway tiles which I think was a taupe/grey colour.

The only thing we have not decided on yet was what White colour to do for the kitchen cabinets. We have a choice between Whisper White and Astor White.

The White cabinets have been hardest to pick because I dislike yellow tones that some of them have. What did you go for?

Thanks for sharing that. Great that you can still get melamine in a different colour. Going to ask for the same. Pretty good layout you have there. The only thing I want to add is space for a shelf where we can keep our perfume/ aftershave and my jewellery box, perhaps with a mirror above so easy to get ready in the morning. My builder also mentioned another client added USB / PowerPoint so they could charge their phones. Think this is a great idea.

Silkwort will be a nice darkish grey for the powder. As for the kitchen perhaps take a look at the colour codes. Might help you decide which white would suite better. This is a really good article which explains how to evaluate different whites:
http://www.elementsathome.com.au/2014/0 ... ained.html

We have chosen Polar White in a satin finish which is a standard Laminex colourtech colour. We've seen a lot of this in display homes so playing it safe with the same.

Dani_J
The only thing I want to add is space for a shelf where we can keep our perfume/ aftershave and my jewellery box, perhaps with a mirror above so easy to get ready in the morning. My builder also mentioned another client added USB / PowerPoint so they could charge their phones. T

Thanks Dani!

actually thats a great idea, might look into that!
my wife has been breaking my balls about not wasting clothes storage space, because apparently the 7 linear metres of wardrobe we have is not enough.... lol
Hi Chris. Can you share the house plan part that your cabinets are to be installed?
I'm trying to picture the three designs as to where they fit.. 7 metres! My wir is 2.3m x 4.5 and I thought that was big.

SteveMc
Hi Chris. Can you share the house plan part that your cabinets are to be installed?
I'm trying to picture the three designs as to where they fit.. 7 metres! My wir is 2.3m x 4.5 and I thought that was big.

Thanks mate. Makes sense now that I can see the cavity door. Can't wait to plan our wir's. Only $$$ in the way right now 🤣

It actually wasnt as expensive as I thought it was going to be. Get a few quotes!

Quotes I had ranged from 4k - 9k for this! Changing material to a flat colour helped heaps too.
Bit of progress today.

Painter started the undercoat. I'm a bit worried it seems thin and I can see through it seems patchy. Painter tells me it's just a sealer and soaking in. Hopefully they have not thinned it down too much.

Good News. My stairs void is now unveiled! I'm so happy with how it looks. Way bigger than I imagined. Around 7m high

To my surprise it’s even visible from the front door. So we should in theory be able to see the hanging feature pendants from the entry

Christoshizz
Bit of progress today.

Painter started the undercoat. I'm a bit worried it seems thin and I can see through it seems patchy. Painter tells me it's just a sealer and soaking in. Hopefully they have not thinned it down too much.

Good News. My stairs void is now unveiled! I'm so happy with how it looks. Way bigger than I imagined. Around 7m high

To my surprise it’s even visible from the front door. So we should in theory be able to see the hanging feature pendants from the entry

What colour paint are they doing? The void looks amazing.

at the moment just undercoat. ceilings are whisper white.
bedrooms are ghosting, living areas are taupe grey.
That void will definitely make a statement when you walk in

Holy sheep. We had a near miss today. I get a Call from my painter telling me that the paint selection ghosting for bedrooms looks crap.

Anyway turned out he was right. The colour samples I did were not big enough to get a sense for the colour. Needed 1mx1m sample to get a feel for it.

Anyway ended up diluting the wall colour in bedrooms to half strength and looks much better phew.

Few pics of samples . A bit hard to see due to light shadows but the half colour is the top half.

Geez, lucky your painter had the sense to say something. Paint colours are so difficult to get right. They always look different large scale and depending on the light. I've been stressing big time about it, and we found that a lot of the colours we initially tested were too dark once we painted two coats. Hence we are going half strength also.

Related
30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum