Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Custom Build in Warrnambool

Page 21 of 29
SileNceR
Haha I checked the electricity box last night. Hopefully someone will leave something unlocked.

I went up one day and the garage door was wide open so sucked home and got my wife and we did a walk through. We have been able to get in quite a bit. We move in Saturday week so not much to see now

Not a lot to report today! I didn't get in. Door frames are painted on the outside - above is the front door.

Render and soffits have all been painted (just one coat I think)

Laundry door frame painted.

Garage door.

The garage has been cleared out too so hopefully that's a sign that the garage doors are coming in the next day or two? The concreters still haven't started on the formwork for the shed
. Still, at least there was something new to spot today

I'll have to make two posts since I've only got two photos tonight but can't work out how to put more than one up at a time direct from the phone

Tiles are onsite; or at least some of them. I'm not sure how many to expect.

Back neighbours look to be putting some form of strip footing along the back boundary opposite our shed? Interesting to see what it is
Loving those tiles... Are they bathroom and ensuite?

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Yes the charcoal for the floors and the grey for the walls.

My brother got a key to install the A/C registers and return air, zone controller etc so I popped in for a bit of a look around.

Bathroom benchtop is on.

Laundry benchtop (I've put up a photo of this before, but from outside the door)

Powder room benchtop

Butlers pantry benchtop - no hole cut for sink in this one yet.

Ensuite benchtop and basin installed.

Our splashback and butlers pantry tiles

Also my brother told me later that the concreter had been onsite, I popped back around to see the driveway crossover section dug out, as well as the driveway area. Looks like he's planning on pouring those at the same time as the shed slab.

Here are some photos through the doors of the installed A/C diffusers/registers

And the massive return air that's necessitated by ducted aircon.

Shed slab prep. Managed to catch up with rear neighbour while onsite, he's a builder and the area that backs onto our shed is going to be his shed. That's lucky! He's offered to do the rear fence himself and will give us a price when we're ready.

Here's another shot of the driveway area looking out from the garage.

Return air grille from inside the house (photo from my brother)

Air diffusers in the kitchen.

Zone controller/thermostat installed. Our unit is a Daikin and also has the SkiFi wireless zone controller installed (directly to the unit)
lot of nice pictures Silencer... your white theme around the house looks great!
I am loving your main wall colour, it's making me want to change from lexicon 1/2. Your getting close have they given you a handover date yet???

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=83796
They've been telling us around the second week of January. Secretly hoping we get in a touch earlier than that since we've both got time off over Xmas.

Exteriors of the doors painted today, as well as some of the cutting in of the render etc.

This is the door we got by accident; I think I have mentioned earlier in the thread, the builder got the door frame and door from different suppliers (for the front door) and we ended up with a bigger front door than originally planned, as a result we got them to put this door on the garage instead of a boring standard door.

Laundry door.

Tilers were also somewhere near our site today (next door when I went past) - not sure if they've done anything or not since I can't get in at this point of course.

I'm glad I've been taking photos all along. Remember this stage? I barely do, but the photos make it a lot easier! Sarah ran into the retaining wall guy and the neighbours from the high side on-site last night. Apparently the neighbour was talking like she expected us to cover half the cost of retaining their fill. Not happening! As you can see in the photo above, we retained everywhere we cut below the natural ground level. The neighbours site has been built up quite a bit and they still haven't put top soil on yet so they are needing to retain their fill:

Because I don't want to let them get too far down the process of making any false assumptions about who bears these costs (remembering also that we're probably up for easily $10,000 to retain our own fill on the low side of our block!) I have sent an email in response to earlier discussions about getting quotes for the dividing fence. I hope it doesn't come across as being too abrupt.

Anyway, that "sorted" for now, I visited the site again tonight and glimpsed some tiles down! Then, finally - in luck - a door was left unlocked! Winning!

Kids bathroom shower walls tiled.

Our kitchen/butlers pantry/powder room splashback tiles. Mint!

Ensuite wet area tiles

Screed started, first correcting the original concreting (I believe this is deliberately done too big so they've got a margin of error to work with)

Kids bathroom bath hob. We opted for the wall tiles here rather than the floor tiles as the floor tiles being dark may have darkened the room too much we felt.
coming along nicely Clinton!

I like how your tiler laid the tiles floor to get the lines straight before laying....
It's coming together Lovely I look forward in seeing that splashback done!!

The tiles are looking great! Can't wait to see the splashback go up!

Looks great! Loving those big tiles!

Floor tiles done in the main bathroom except for in the shower base.

And ensuite/toilet done started.

Another shot of the main bathroom. The screeds haven't been done for the shower or the ensuite shower areas yet.
Nice job!!

Looking good! The floor tile is charcoal haven yeah? That's what we have on our bathroom floors, it always looks so dark in photos, the lighter veins never show up well. Are you happy with it in person? My father in law always refers to it as 'the black one', drives me nuts, I feel like I'm constantly correcting a toddler "yes the CHARCOAL one is for the bathroom floors"!
It is quite dark even in person. Sarah's not super keen now that it's down but I like it; it's the same colour as our carpet which will be flowing up to it in the walk in robe/ensuite boundary hence why we went that colour
SileNceR
It is quite dark even in person. Sarah's not super keen now that it's down but I like it; it's the same colour as our carpet which will be flowing up to it in the walk in robe/ensuite boundary hence why we went that colour

It looks nice and goes well with the wall tiles...
Related
2/10/2023
Custom build | Facade colours

Building A New House

I'd get the gutters to match your roof and pipes to match the paint - otherwise they become a feature. Nice pick with the paint colours!

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum