Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Brisbane Barkly Build - Post handover: bookshelf

Page 21 of 21
Tribe7
Woooo hoooooo your place is looking fab Chaton, I got the same road sticker for charchie and they wouldn't stay on the wall? Yours sticking? How gorgeous are your boys
. Dining table and pendant are awesome love them
hehehhe to the nerd room, as long as they are all happy. Bahahhaha holy cow you have a decent stash in your pantry, I'll have a hogs and lemonade and maybe a vodka and lime please

Apparently wall stickers don't stick to wash n wear paint. Happened to me at the old house.
CustomStirling
Tribe7
I got the same road sticker for charchie and they wouldn't stay on the wall? Yours sticking?

Apparently wall stickers don't stick to wash n wear paint. Happened to me at the old house.

Ahhhh that makes sense. We have Wash n Wear paints - who wouldn't with young kids?? they are stuck for now but don't seem stuck hard. And the one that I peeled off to reposition wouldn't stick back down again properly.
The photos I had are mostly old photos from my phone. The Nerd Room now has roller blinds to match the ones in the bedrooms which is great as we can have people stay over on the sofa bed if needed (since our spare bedroom is still a dumping ground of boxes and such!)
Chaton
CustomStirling
Tribe7
I got the same road sticker for charchie and they wouldn't stay on the wall? Yours sticking?

Ahhhh that makes sense. We have Wash n Wear paints - who wouldn't with young kids?? they are stuck for now but don't seem stuck hard. And the one that I peeled off to reposition wouldn't stick back down again properly.

Absolutely! I think they said there's kinda like a Teflon coating in the paint.
We finally got around to putting bookshelves in the cavity that we had M put in our study wall at RichandShez's suggestion.

I painted each shelf background a different colour Orange to Green. We just used L-brackets and stablisers and white melamine shelves. We might upgrade later to a more expensive proper floating shelves, but for now I just wanted to get my books and things unpacked!

I love it! My computer desk is right by there and the bright colours make me so happy.
Wow that looks super cool!
Chaton
We finally got around to putting bookshelves in the cavity that we had M put in our study wall at RichandShez's suggestion.

I painted each shelf background a different colour Orange to Green. We just used L-brackets and stablisers and white melamine shelves. We might upgrade later to a more expensive proper floating shelves, but for now I just wanted to get my books and things unpacked!

I love it! My computer desk is right by there and the bright colours make me so happy.

Hi,

I have been following on it the background, thank you for sharing your build story.
Just had to comment what a fun and fantastic idea the colours behind the shelving is. It would make studying much more lively and inspiring.

WoH
RichandShez
Ilaeria
Nice going chaton. What's the name of that charcoal tile?

Sent from Tapatalk

The tiles code is NT12-470FL if you are interested. We have the same tile throughout our house.

Nice work Chaton. I bet you are excited!! Oh and yes you can easily go over with the electricals.

Just asking if I'm after some of this tiles where could I get them only need 6 or so for repair
Olaf
RichandShez
Ilaeria
Nice going chaton. What's the name of that charcoal tile?

Sent from Tapatalk

The tiles code is NT12-470FL if you are interested. We have the same tile throughout our house.

Nice work Chaton. I bet you are excited!! Oh and yes you can easily go over with the electricals.

Just asking if I'm after some of this tiles where could I get them only need 6 or so for repair

The tiles are:
Stock code: NT14-1075FL
Stock description: Como Black Matt
W x H: 300mm x 300mm

Just googling "NT14-107FL" it seems like National Tiles stock them
Related
15/05/2024
open bookshelf in hallway

Building A New House

I want to do open bookshelf (W 1860mm x D 350mm x H 2700mm) like this in hallway where can I get the thicker timber slab similar to this image in…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

7/03/2024
Best rust killer/converter for galvanized steel post

General Discussion

That just protects from further rust, l want first to apply a rust converter or rust killer to kill the rust thats there, whats the best one for galvanized steel

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum