Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Kelsey78’s Home in Honeywood DAH Build-KEYS!!!

Page 21 of 36
House is looking great Kelsey sorry to read about your kitchen dramas.
Kelsey .I was thinking about your stove .now unless mine is all wrong .I measured it at 2cm with tile splash back . I wonder if anyone else has any measurements for you .
Yay for lock up date, very exciting
Re cook top. Why not just remove the wall altogether? Have no wall just an end panel on the cabinet.
Kelsey - everything is looking great - you are flying past me!! Such good news getting lock up before Xmas - I was supposed to but it's not going to happen now. Feels like your build is going super quick, after the wait on bricks you deserve it
belzey
House is looking great Kelsey sorry to read about your kitchen dramas.

Thanks Belzey
Melsie68
Kelsey .I was thinking about your stove .now unless mine is all wrong .I measured it at 2cm with tile splash back . I wonder if anyone else has any measurements for you .

Thanks Meslie, we've been told it's to do with what the product installation guide says. We have suggested another brand to Dale Alcock but it will depended what is most cost effective for them. If they don't want to substitute our appliances we will need to discuss constructual changes

ToriMatt8132
Yay for lock up date, very exciting

Thank you!! We can't wait!
justlearning
Re cook top. Why not just remove the wall altogether? Have no wall just an end panel on the cabinet.

We thought about this but we really don't want oil spills and messes spitting off the pans and onto the floor. Thank you for your suggestion though, we appreciate all these idea

aimees88
Kelsey - everything is looking great - you are flying past me!! Such good news getting lock up before Xmas - I was supposed to but it's not going to happen now. Feels like your build is going super quick, after the wait on bricks you deserve it

Nawww thanks Aimee, you are too sweet!
So sorry to hear about your issues with the stove.

Quote:
We have suggested another brand to Dale Alcock but it will depended what is most cost effective for them. If they don't want to substitute our appliances we will need to discuss constructual changes

If it is possible to change the stove brand and still have your kitchen as you want it I would be insisting on it being done regardless of the cost to them. At the end of the day you wanted a 900mm stove, the kitchen was designed to accommodate your requirements and you signed off on this.

On a positive note your house is really moving along. Lockup before Christmas would be so exciting. We are having the grey float done at the moment but I have only seen one guy there so I think it is going to take him quite a while.
I would have thought the cost difference between the appliance will be quicker and cheaper than the reconfiguring the layout of your kitchen :/
tanyaw
So sorry to hear about your issues with the stove.

Quote:
We have suggested another brand to Dale Alcock but it will depended what is most cost effective for them. If they don't want to substitute our appliances we will need to discuss constructual changes

If it is possible to change the stove brand and still have your kitchen as you want it I would be insisting on it being done regardless of the cost to them. At the end of the day you wanted a 900mm stove, the kitchen was designed to accommodate your requirements and you signed off on this.

On a positive note your house is really moving along. Lockup before Christmas would be so exciting. We are having the grey float done at the moment but I have only seen one guy there so I think it is going to take him quite a while.

Thanks Tanywa, I couldn't have said it better myself however Dale Alcock don't seem to agree

Speedwaychick68
I would have thought the cost difference between the appliance will be quicker and cheaper than the reconfiguring the layout of your kitchen :/

My thoughts exactly! But as they get the appliances for virtually nothing to upgrade works out to be quite expensive at $3,319.00. That's for the upgrade of the rangehood, oven and hot plate. This is supposed to be our dream home and I don't want to compromise by mixing appliances.
Today our doors and shelving was fitted!!

Entry Door

Home Theatre

Walk-in Pantry

Linen

Robe

Not sure about the height of the rod. It's a lot lower than mine at home. Does it look a little low to you? Remember the bedroom height is only 28c
Looking good Kelsey! How different does it look with doors and ceilings. I was baffled seeing ours today.
Looks great! The rod does look a little low but it could just be the angle of the photo?
Looking so good now Kasey! I'd say it looks a little low too, our could hang a full length dress and not touch the floor and I'm 5foot 7.
Looking so good Kelsey! The shelf in the robe does look a little low. Do you have it written in your contract what height they're meant to be? We got ours heightened to 2m and the house were in now has the same, the shelf is barely 2 foot from the ceiling (28c). I think standard isn't much lower...
OMG Kelsey, your build is powering along now, so so happy for you

Our shelf/rod is on the plans as being at 1700 high which is taller than me but shorter than hubby but not overly fussed as I intend on removing them and getting the robes fitted out anyway
ToriMatt8132
Looking good Kelsey! How different does it look with doors and ceilings. I was baffled seeing ours today.

I know it's insane! I drove past our house 3 times just to look at the door

emsimpson
Looks great! The rod does look a little low but it could just be the angle of the photo?

Thanks emsimpson! I checked ours at home and these are defiantly lower.
Meelz
Looking so good Kelsey! The shelf in the robe does look a little low. Do you have it written in your contract what height they're meant to be? We got ours heightened to 2m and the house were in now has the same, the shelf is barely 2 foot from the ceiling (28c). I think standard isn't much lower...

Thanks Meelz, I just checked our contract and they are 1.65m, so pretty low! Something I didn't think to check prior to signing!
TheTurleys
Looking so good now Kasey! I'd say it looks a little low too, our could hang a full length dress and not touch the floor and I'm 5foot 7.

Lucky I'm only 5'3, maybe my dresses won't touch the ground either

vetty19
OMG Kelsey, your build is powering along now, so so happy for you

Our shelf/rod is on the plans as being at 1700 high which is taller than me but shorter than hubby but not overly fussed as I intend on removing them and getting the robes fitted out anyway

Thanks Vetty!! We plan to eventually fit them out too so I'm not overally concerned. Especially since they won't even be used until we decide to have children
Windows have been installed and we are now officially at lock up!!!!

Woohoo we made it before Christmas!

Yay, congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you!!
What a great chrissy present. Looking good.
Yay for lockup. How exciting. Merry Christmas to you both haha
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

4/04/2024
New Home Build - Boundary Retaining Wall replacement advice

Building A New House

Can anyone recommend a good/affordable retaining wall and fence builder that I can get a quote from located in Sydney?

20/02/2024
Conveyancing & property inspectors for new home build?

Building A New House

If you are in Victoria you have a statutory right to your own building inspector regardless of builder's consent. No negotiations are required. However the builder will…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum