Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our house (WA) - 18 months in - new photos pg 43

Page 21 of 44
I think it is ready to go! Colorbond is there and gutters are on... but yeah no guys!!
I hope once the roof is on the next stages are go go go so I can forget about all this waiting waiting haha
Sorry you did not get your roof today
Is the weather really bad up thare, Its raining on and off and windy down here
Oh well. At least you know it's going on next week. I know what you mean about the internals having dried up so I feel for you. It took ages for it to dry up completely.
Dratted rain!!! Hopefully the sky clears up enough for your house to get its hat!!
Jodie80
Dratted rain!!! Hopefully the sky clears up enough for your house to get its hat!!

Dratted ?

Turning Thirty must be really bothering you ?
phoenixrain
Oh well. At least you know it's going on next week. I know what you mean about the internals having dried up so I feel for you. It took ages for it to dry up completely.

Yeah I think thats the most annoying part about not getting our roof last week. It was finally dry and now will be totally soaked again which may hold up the plastering.

Thanks everyone, hoping the weather is good this week and then my hat will finalllllly be on!!!!!
We got our feature tiles the other day (they had to be ordered in). I've taken some pics of them with our selections and I'm not too sure if I'm going to love how it looks.. but too late now! haha. Hopefully once it's all together on a bigger scale it will look better.

***Plus the photos don't include the 600x300 white wall tile.

Bottom left: sample of 300x300 floor tile
Top left: Iron Ore formica (vanity) and essa stone new crystal salt (bench top)
feature tile ensuite

Same again, but feature tile for the bathroom

We are using the feature tiles between the vanity and the mirror, and also doing a strip down the shower. Do you think for the small squares one in the bathroom we should get the tile cut smaller so it isn't as many rows (currently 300x300 tile, 12 rows of squares) or use the whole tile so the feature would be a big strip?

Also I'm wondering with the tile of squares, if that still gets grouted over or if the tile is the finished product, because if it doesn't have grout put over it the colour in between the tiles will be different to the wall tile grout, which is white.
Wow kara i love your tile selections, i think it'll all come together beautifully.
Ok now for you Q's;
I personally would want feature tile the same size as others so it'll all align from floor to wall if you know what i mean.
So if other tiles are 200x200 then i'd be matching that.....so you don't have a half tile somewhere!!! Unless they are going horizontally....

As for grouting i'm 99% sure they grout in between all the little squares so the grout will match your others.
I would think when you have tile meeting with the tiler could offer you some ideas!!!
love the feature tile for the ensuite - its gorgeous! The colours will all go together fine. As for the grout in the small feature tiles - they will grout it in the same colour as your white tiles.
Thanks Cooper32 and rosemi.. I love all our selections seperately so hoping it comes together well. Yeah I'm hoping that the tile gets grouted to be the same, I wasn't sure because the ensuite tiles (the vertical stripes) are all seperate and held together with a bit of plastic, so its obvious they're be layed and grouted, whereas the bathroom feature tile (the little squares) are a solid tile and the gaps between each little square isn't deep at all.. it doesn't really look like there is room to grout it if that makes sense. Oh well, as you said Copper32 I'll be able to ask the tiler at the tile meeting!

Good point Cooper32 about the tile lines all matching up, hadn't thought of that. Think I'll just leave it as the full 300x300 feature tile, then it will all match up.
OOOOOHHHH gorgeous Kara!! That feature tile in ensuite is similar to ours! We kept our tiles the same width (300 x300) as it looks neater with the lines matching up. Shame we couldnt do that in the bathroom/laundry though, our feature tile was no longer available in the same width
and I'm sure nobody else does-but I notice the grout lines!!!!!
rosemi
love the feature tile for the ensuite - its gorgeous! The colours will all go together fine. As for the grout in the small feature tiles - they will grout it in the same colour as your white tiles.

+2. Absolutely love it. I'm sure it will all come together nicely.

The rain has come in our living area a bit through our sliding door and large window so the internal bricks inbetween these frames are now damp. Stupid rain. *shakes fist*
So our roof went on today...... yay... except I think it might not be surfmist :/

The left over cuts of colorbond are white on one side (which I believe is surfmist) and the other side is a blue/grey colour. Our roof is the blue/grey colour... not white. Looking at houses in our street that are surfmist, our roof looks completly different.
I'm going back in the morning to look in full light and then I'll email the CRO. Feeling a bit disheartened right now. Even if it is surfmist, wasn't expecting it to look the way it did.
So what you think they have put it on the wrong side up, is that what you are saying?
I think so. The only thing that is making me unsure is that the valleys are the same colour, and they can't be put upside down. I'm really thinking the colour isn't right, but will go back and look again in the morning before I email.
What do you think?
*photos deleted

I really don't know... but our roof looks blue/grey compared to the other surfmist roofs in our street. It doesn't explain the capping being the same colour though.
Do you think it might be windspray or maybe dunne. Because surfmist is quite white as you said. It was just an off cut you picked up and not a sheet
Those color samples are not always right. The light makes these roofs look differant colors too. The bottom on looks more like the sample than the top one in the last picture.
As I put on my thread ours is shale gray
Surely though they can't be that much different...as i said in your thread camy i think kara's looks a lot like your colour!!!!

I'd be doing the same kara, check in the morning & then fire off an email & await response.
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

13/06/2024
What are our rights with our draftsman and the completion of

Building A New House

This is a no brainer. Take them to someone else to get finalised. You can't leave your destiny in the hands of someone who is completely underperforming. I know someone…

8/11/2023
Our house was beautiful until Distinctive Homes destroyed ou

General Discussion

of course there are legal avenues. You've already mentioned it. Sue them. I find it odd that lawyers wouldnt be willing to take on the case, given CCT evidence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum