Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CiNnY's build with Henley- Backyard pics 31/1/11

Page 21 of 21
Looks bloody awesome CiNnY!!!!!
What a fabulous job you have done Cinny! Excellent. Enjoy. I particularly like the grass you have at the front and the neat borders you have incorporated too.
The front yard is looking great!

What are the plans for round the back? I remember something about a pergola, but you've got a great area there to work with. Lots bigger than mine.
Lux - DP, his cousin and myself did the decking!

Thanks Dollar & oze.

Richo - plans so far are pergola off the side 4m x 8m with BBQ bricked in and fully decked like the front and a shed down the back for DP 4m x 9m, going to put a vegie patch in and the rest is a mystery atm.
hi i am new to all of this!! i love your front garden, its awesome. did you build your letter box or buy it like that??
kristala - Thanks! My DP built our letterbox you can only buy the flat merbau ones.
Ok Well its been a while but not alot has changed the backyard was on hold for a while due to weather, but here are some updated pics of what we have done so far!

Shed (finally I have some of the garage back! Oh and it almost cover the neighbours garage wall):

1st Retaining wall (will have vegie patch in it eventually):

Lights in minor bedrooms:

Kitchen lights:

Entry hall decoration (canvases look really small but they aren't)

Hopefully much more action in the next few weeks!
wow, Cinny it all looks great!
Love the new shed
Entry area looks so stylish
Love the lights too. We were looking at similar ones for over our bench/kitchen sink. Are you happy with the amount of light they give off?
Rowena
wow, Cinny it all looks great!
Love the new shed
Entry area looks so stylish
Love the lights too. We were looking at similar ones for over our bench/kitchen sink. Are you happy with the amount of light they give off?

Thanks! The light in the kitchen is great, gives off heaps of light, almost better than daylight in there at night!

Update:
We got my dad to draw up the plans for our pergola last night, going to purchase our bigger shed and apply for the permit for them in the next week or so. Can't wait until they are done then everything should fall into place around them.
can i ask you who done your driveway?
looks pretty good
Driveway was done by a mate Josh - 0400 559 833. Very happy with it. If you call him tell him Jacinta gave you his number.
Ok well its been a while and all we have changed is we put our last lot of blinds in YAY! We have also completed another 2 raised garden beds/retaining walls in the backyard and planted them out apart from the vegies! Backyard pergola plans are almost done then time to build it!

Pics:
Blinds:

Backyard:

The blinds change the whole look of the room! Love them!

Garden beds are looking great!!! We're waiting on Daclan to fix our fence (caving into the block behind us where they haven't compacted the easement in the black properly)
Then we can start on our veggie garden
Hi CiNnY. Just started following your thread. Amazing work. Looks really great. Congratulations.

I love your render color. Can I ask what color's that? Is that Taubmans SmokeHaze?

Cheers
rajan_g4
Hi CiNnY. Just started following your thread. Amazing work. Looks really great. Congratulations.

I love your render color. Can I ask what color's that? Is that Taubmans SmokeHaze?

Cheers

Thanks Raj, Its actually Bristol Mountain Shadow!
Great. Thanks CiNnY. and good luck with the house. Pls keep us updated with the pics. we love watching them.
Everything looks GREAT CiNnY
You have done an excellent job

Cheers Steve & Jay
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum