Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Third time's a charm ( our 3rd build @ Bingara Gorge )

Page 3 of 11
Decided to take the right hand side pillar and push it out removing the cutout in the gutter that comes with the South Hamptons facade , this not only made the porch slightly wider by 590 but also made the gable surface area larger

We have received developer and mine subsidence board approval in the last few days, i was really sweating on the developer approval as they are quite strict in Bingara Gorge. Our landscaping plan from the designer satisfied Lend Lease first time but i do know of others having a few headaches getting theirs through. We have one more stop which is council and we should be good to go. Im hoping for a November start date but I won’t be holding my breath lol

After what felt like an eternity we have gotten or DA approval from Wollondilly Council!

With xmas next month we probably wont see a start until early next year.

I can’t believe how slow things move these days when it comes to building, I don’t remember things being this slow on previous builds.

CD12JD

Nice open space. What's the average block size? Hope there will be some decent tree coverage.
stonesthrow
CD12JD

Nice open space. What's the average block size? Hope there will be some decent tree coverage.

Over in Greenbridge East the majority of blocks are between 700 and 900
Signed off on the construction plans... it shouldn’t be too long now before we get on the construction list !

https://youtu.be/7My7OTJcN8E

Went for a drive yesterday to inspect the block as there was a request to have the grass cut in preparation for work to begin.

Took the opportunity to get the drone in the sky and get some footage. This was my 3rd flight so im still trying to get a feel for it.
External and internal plans

Couldn’t think of a better way to end the year on literally the last day of 2020 then to receive the authority to commence letter and buy the wifey a new car! We should be seeing some activity on site shortly

Some more good news to start the year off, we have been placed on the construction list as of today!

Congrats! Exciting!
Looks great! We have our electrical appointment coming up and have now idea how much additional cost I am in for. Are you able to share ballpark cost for this electrical design? Thanks!
bvd1
Looks great! We have our electrical appointment coming up and have now idea how much additional cost I am in for. Are you able to share ballpark cost for this electrical design? Thanks!

We spent $13k at our electrical appointment, things add up really quick... i worked out how much i could of saved doing it after handover and it just was not worth the headache
Got the call from our slab supervisor that the fence was up and the block was cut! I must admit it was a pleasant surprise as I looked at the weather forecast on Sunday and was certain nothing would happen this week due to the poor weather forecasted for the week.

Excellent. Thank you for sharing!
Block cut 01.02.2021

https://youtu.be/Z8pv-rzoLxc
Went for a little drive to see if there was any progress, form work has started... i was a little shocked at the size of it from the drone shots . I didn’t expect it to take up so much of the block 😂

After sitting idle for a few weeks due to patchy weather we finally had our slab poured

The weather has been pretty crap of late in Sydney which has slowed progress. We now have a frame with windows installed and roof trusses

Frame inspection report completed which went well, had one issue to report on which was the location of a drain for the wall hing vanity is protruding into the next room the wall backs onto.

Site supervisor has been informed and it will be rectified this week.

Related
15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

7/08/2023
Acceptable wait time for email response to question from sma

Owner Builder Forum

how imperative is the timing of the answer?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum