Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes Grange 22 Build - QLD

Page 3 of 6
We have a portaloo! Hahaha

The site has been cut & filled

You guys are running on the same time frame as my (not so) empty block next door! They are building with Coral and got a site cut yesterday, Bricks; Reo and temp fencing today!
allblaqk
You guys are running on the same time frame as my (not so) empty block next door! They are building with Coral and got a site cut yesterday, Bricks; Reo and temp fencing today!
Ooh! I'm excited to see what happens today then

So we have bricks, and some pink spray painted pegs in the ground.
Unsure what the concrete circles are in the ground? Anyone know? They were put there yesterday (01/06/2020)

Plumbing, tap and power popped up today
The concrete circles are your piers..
Hubby met the SS onsite today and he let us know that the slab will be poured tomorrow (5/6), frames will be delivered Monday (7/6) and the Carpenter will be there Tuesday. He expects the roof to be done the week after next. woohoo!

Woo hoo! Its neck and neck, next door are laying the slab as I type!
allblaqk
Woo hoo! Its neck and neck, next door are laying the slab as I type!
Omgoodness! Its good to hear others are going quick too

From yesterday. The slab was already dry which is insane. Someone has walked on it and we forever have sneaker marks in the master

Any updates? Frames?
Frames 90% done

Woo hoo!
Update for week 3.. not a lot happened this week. They delivered the wrong coloured fascia (we changed it to Monument after the colour appointment so it's an honest mistake), we contacted John on Monday and he sorted the right one, which was delivered yesterday or this morning.

We asked Darbecca to do a slab/frame building inspection (btw can't recommend them enough), and we got our report Wednesday afternoon. The slab was good, besides water management around it, but the frame had a few out of plumb wall and roof trusses, plus missing screws and loose nuts and bolts, and no L brackets on non loadbaring walls. Other problems included our bricks not being on pallets so efflourescence and salts could be on the brick, and the frame had not been earthed just yet.

Fun week

Week 4! Back on track. The out of plumb trusses appear to be fixed, still keeping an eye on the water management and missing screws. Only 2 bolts were loose and can be easily tightened so that's not too bad either. The L brackets missing on non load-baring walls is just in the lounge/media room, but it's a genuine concern.
Had a call from John yesterday, he's been offered a higher position and is beginning on Monday, so we have a new site supervisor named Dean Partridge, which I can't find any info on but I hope he's good.

From yesterday 23/06/2020.
End of Week 4; we have a roof, insulation and also looks like plumbing is in!

Dean let us know in a weekly update that electrical, air-conditioning, and windows & doors should be installed this week. Good to finally see we are getting weekly updates.

Oh I seem to have missed the last update! Wow thats flying along. You'd have doors and windows by now I'm guessing?

They bricked next door's house this week and OMG there was like 12 people - it was done in 2 days
Yes! I think Electrical was done Monday 29th June, Windows and Doors were in on Thursday 2nd July and when we went to have a look on Saturday there was a tradie there putting in walls! The ceilings were done, I'm assuming on Friday. I can't believe how fast they are. Our SS said this week walls were being put in and bricks by the end of the week but i'm wondering if bricks will be sooner since walls were done on Saturday... we shall see. Our cornice was also delivered.

Wow speeding along!
Related
2/10/2023
Carter Grange vs. Thomas Archer

Building A New House

We spent close to 2 years in a process with TA. It was horrible..... we got to tender, and the first cut was 50% over our budget which "they care such about meeting ". We…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum