Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anybody built with True Value Homes in Melbourne

Page 3 of 6
[quote="Amit75":195mwwg3][quote="Norfolk":195mwwg3]Hi amit75 Does your True Value Homes HIA contract allow for the independent inspections to be conducted before they issue the progress claim invoices? Do they agree in the contract to rectify any defects found by your and your inspector before they issue the invoice?[/quote:195mwwg3]
Hi Norfolk, as per the building contracts act once the building surveyor appointed to my home gives approval for the stage completion the invoice for that stage is issued and due and payable. However, in my contract it does state that independent inspectors are welcome and only defects that reference an Australian standard or the national construction code will be reviewed and rectified if deemed a defect. Personal opinions or recommendations given by the independent inspector will not be.
I asked my brother in-law and other friends who have had similar and they all advised me that a recommendation of opinion by an independent inspector such as darbecca is worthless because they arent even registered builders, inspectors or qualified in the practice of building inspections. Therefore only defects that reference an actual code or standard have credibility.

I have sent true value an email regarding this, but they are currently on their break returning on the 14th. So I wait there response.
Amit[/quote:195mwwg3] amit75 How did True Value Homes respond to the email you sent them about this in early January?
Norfolk
Amit75
Norfolk
Hi amit75 Does your True Value Homes HIA contract allow for the independent inspections to be conducted before they issue the progress claim invoices? Do they agree in the contract to rectify any defects found by your and your inspector before they issue the invoice?

Hi Norfolk, as per the building contracts act once the building surveyor appointed to my home gives approval for the stage completion the invoice for that stage is issued and due and payable. However, in my contract it does state that independent inspectors are welcome and only defects that reference an Australian standard or the national construction code will be reviewed and rectified if deemed a defect. Personal opinions or recommendations given by the independent inspector will not be.
I asked my brother in-law and other friends who have had similar and they all advised me that a recommendation of opinion by an independent inspector such as darbecca is worthless because they arent even registered builders, inspectors or qualified in the practice of building inspections. Therefore only defects that reference an actual code or standard have credibility.

I have sent true value an email regarding this, but they are currently on their break returning on the 14th. So I wait there response.
Amit
amit75 How did True Value Homes respond to the email you sent them about this in early January?
Hi amit75 Has True Value Homes responded to the email that you sent them enquiring about independent inspections approx.4 weeks ago? In your post on 5 January you said you would await their response after they returned from the holiday break.
Hello,
Just joined, I am so happy to find this forum because I am a bit worried about our contract with True Value Homes. I didn't get a consultant to help us out and neither had done a good research about builder contracts. Where do you think can I find someone to review my contract? Thanks in advance.
Have you already signed?
Hi,

Anyone who can help me? I reviewed my contract. Here is what i've found. List of not included thing.. kinda worried

Town planning
Termite protection
Council Asset protection
Foundation protection
Structural steel
Sub floor system
Metal roofing
Sarking
Floor insulation
Temporary power supply
Agricultural drains, surface pits and grates
Retaining walls and associated agi drains
Sweep fans
External waterproof power points
SaveH2O
Have you already signed?

I signed a 13 page preliminary contract with AUD 2K reservation.
Amit75
yymao
vickieee
I wouldn't trust them, had a bad experience.

Thank you. I decided to build my home with metricon now after research.

Hello there, I am currently short listing builders for my new home in Woodlea and true value is one of them. I have some questions to ask because my dealings to date have been good, but I haven't signed anything yet so it may be to early to be sure.

vickieee, why don't you trust them? What experience did you have?

yymao, you ended up signing with metricon who were on my list until all the media coverage regarding slab heave. I don't want to risk it especially considering my soil type is P. Did you know about the slab heave issues before choosing metricon?

Thank you,
Amit.

Hi bhawnayana11

It is extremely disappointing to see the above slander against True Value Homes.
As a manager of this family owned and ran business we pride ourselves on meeting all expectations of our clients who build with us.
I find your comments misleading as you have not fully disclosed the fact that you purchased one of our ex-display homes, you never actually built a home with TVH.
Purchasing an ex-display home means you are purchasing a pre-owned property and therefore you are purchasing the home as is!! It is not a builder's responsibility to return to the property and conduct repairs after settlement of a pre-owned property has been completed.
You purchased a home through a real estate agent with a lease agreement which TVH fulfilled right up until the last day of the agreement as per your comment.
Due to the current unprecedented circumstances TVH decided not to extend the lease agreement, therefore the property was handed back to you in the condition that it was purchased.
However we did allow your real estate agent to enter the display home while it was still furnished and still under our lease agreement in order to take photos to help advertise your property for lease, i notice this was not mentioned.
We need to make it clear that TVH did not snatch your hard earned money.
You willingly entered a legal contract committing to purchase an ex-display home via a real estate agent.
TVH at not stage forced you into the purchasing this property, this was a decision made by yourself and yourself only.
Unlike your comments about wishing the worst for us, the team at TVH wish you all the best today, tomorrow and forever.
I am actually amazed that u know how to be fully dramatic in a public forum .. what about the fact that I got a threatening phone call From Jason using an unknown number this afternoon about facing legal consequences for just expressing my horrific experience details !! My frustration with ur company is not coz of some petty maintenance issues coz I don’t think my husband and I called u even once to check on how you maintained the premises .. my frustration with ur company has been about the fact that there is no acknowledgment and responsibility.. u r right .. you are excellent in passing the blame and getting rid of your own built home just cause u got an agent to blame things for ...

The fact is this is how u deal with people who chose to talk against your organisation rather than accepting , acknowledging and apologising for anything .. like always ur management likes to blame either the lawyers , or the buyer or even ur own real estate agent and u guys are so helpless !! Spare me the drama pls !!

And please get ur facts correct before replying !! U guys can keep ur well wishes with u and stop pretending to be nice to us .. if a day comes that I need ur well wishes .. That will be the day when I chose to rather die !!! And I will ensure that I never ever associate my name in my entire life with your management .. it’s my promise to u !! And trust me I never play blame games .. I am not a victim !! And I refuse to be a part of ur blame games and let you be the victim of the situation ..
Also , just a quick recollection of what happened last year

We liked an ex-display home through a real estate agent built via TVH. We disclosed at that time that we have enough money ready to buy the home (biggest mistake); however , our circumstances changed and because of the fact that we r from Sydney and we couldn’t understand the legal implications of backing out of the signed contract , we didn’t have a choice in buying the house but were literally threatened and harassed to buy the True value homes hired lawyers , false allegations based on assumptions and complete disrespect of our personal circumstances , also literally using our private details to use their own builders network and use against us etc.

So just to be really clear .. we didn’t buy the house out of our own choice .. but literally forced to buy it !! I literally refuse to step inside the bought house as I hate it due to the way we have been treated ..
bhawnayana11
Also , just a quick recollection of what happened last year

We liked an ex-display home through a real estate agent built via TVH. We disclosed at that time that we have enough money ready to buy the home (biggest mistake); however , our circumstances changed and because of the fact that we r from Sydney and we couldn’t understand the legal implications of backing out of the signed contract , we didn’t have a choice in buying the house but were literally threatened and harassed to buy the True value homes hired lawyers , false allegations based on assumptions and complete disrespect of our personal circumstances , also literally using our private details to use their own builders network and use against us etc.

So just to be really clear .. we didn’t buy the house out of our own choice .. but literally forced to buy it !! I literally refuse to step inside the bought house as I hate it due to the way we have been treated ..

U may have 1000 happy customers and so be it .. but u also have one unhappy customer to the extent that she rather die happily than asking a single person from ur organisation for help !!
I can see a bit of a drama here.

So what is the story here? You bought display house but decided to bail out of the contract after?

What is specifically wrong with the house?
Hi Alex

Ya , it’s a very long story with a lot of drama !! Basically , I will not be able to point anything wrong with the house !! The house is beautiful and I fell in love with the house after the first time I went to see it .. it’s a lovely house and there is no doubt in my head about it ever .. that’s the reason why I wanted to buy it straight away after only looking at it once .. I belong to a decent family upbringing since childhood .. when we saw the house we had enough money to buy it .. however , a lot of things changed very quickly including the monthly rental lease details for the property were changed as well !! Therefore , we wanted to move out of the contract as we hadn’t paid any deposit into it .. and I have bought house in Sydney a few times and even sold our home as well previously where people have been unable to proceed further with a transaction coz of unavoidable reasons and they want to pull out of a contract by paying a decent compensation .. so I was sort of expecting the same even though without us realising the legal consequences !! We were willing to pay a decent compensation for the time lost etc and kept pleading with our lawyers to negotiate but it all fell on deaf ears coz obviously one contract paper was way above than humanity !! And from that point onwards where a piece of paper is considered above humanity and helping each other .. instead lawyers were arranged , continuously sending us threatening emails about legal actions etc .. I completely lost trust from people in Melbourne !! I would have probably recovered from the incident if there was any change in behaviour , apologies or anything ,. But all I have heard is more threats , complete blame of actions and no respect at all ... I used to love Melbourne and would visit it often but after this experience , I refuse to travel to Melbourne coz it will bring back the experience memories .. I have cried tears of blood while dealing with people who question my integrity like this .. and I can never have a single nice thing to say !!
Also , in the past when I have bought a property , I am extremely happy as anyone else would be .. but the whole experience of buying something that I loved in the first instance .. I was hating myself for trusting people ever and expecting humanity .. so it is my fault that I thought humanity exists .. and since then the thought of buying a property outside Sydney is a straight dismissal !!
Hi Bhawnayana11,

So just to clarify, you're happy with the house, but just unhappy that you had to proceed with a legally binding contract that you signed with a real estate?

After reading the above comments, it looks like the builder has fulfilled it's obligations and liabilities for the lease agreement under the contract, and also produced a quality home?

I'm therefore confused by your post. It seems like you are using this forum as a platform for you to rant and attack the builder of a second hand home, because you are angry you were held accountable for your obligations under a signed contract for a home you "wanted to buy". A contract is a formal agreement between parties, which is enforceable by law. Surely this is common knowledge?

I have recently built with TVH in Woodlea Estate. Apart from a couple of minor issues, I have had a great experience. Although I had no dealings with the directors themselves, I found the staff members were incredible and went above and beyond to service us.

All the best.
Michael
One of my clients built with True Value Homes and I did stage inspections. The builder was good to deal with and the construction issues were ironed out during the build.

Take this as you like
building-expert
One of my clients built with True Value Homes and I did stage inspections. The builder was good to deal with and the construction issues were ironed out during the build.

Take this as you like

I am somehow relieved to hear this.
But still worried about these "not included" things. Can anyone help to give unbiased advise.

Town planning
Termite protection
Council Asset protection
Foundation protection
Structural steel
Sub floor system
Metal roofing
Sarking
Floor insulation
Temporary power supply
Agricultural drains, surface pits and grates
Retaining walls and associated agi drains
Sweep fans
External waterproof power points
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum