Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Carlisle Monaco 32 - All moved in! Photos!

Page 3 of 15
Ya, was reading the mypackage.com.au New homes and Land magazine, and it says, "research first, then move with confidence"--"there is no point buying land and then finding that the home you love will not fit". Exactly right, a well-paid lesson indeed!
The good thing is, fencing is covered by the developer from The Rise estate, so that offsets some of our loss in deposit.

The block was ok, and we really love the surrounding coz it's right next to a creek. We were thinking to build a house that's around 27SQ to 30SQ at the begining, and most of the house designs will fit in that block anyway. It's just aftering seeing all the houses, we really think Monaco is the one for us, and Carlisle is not considering shrinking it in order to fit the block. 2 metre's cut back from the back is a lot we understand. Even they can, we still need to pay extras on reinforcing the end that's close to the easement, which can be another extra $5k that can be used somewhere else. So, ya, why bother?

Yes Zerosignal, it's a pity that we're leaving Rose Grange. We discussed it hard and long, coz it's extra 3-4 km away from CBD and we have to let go the beautiful creek!
But.. nothing else left from Rose Grange that's good enough for us at this stage. And god knows when they're going to release the new stage that's next to the creek! Even if they do soon, I doubt we can afford that anyway. We were ready to put on hold for a huge block at the end of a court in The Rise estate, 808SQM for $160K!! No easement, North facing 44M side! It'll push our limit to have that block, but you can't beat that price with that size! The only draw back is, we'd be surround by 7 families...
if they have parties at the same time, we'll be bombarded with surround sound (noise)!!
Then, the sales guy told us that one of the lady is withdrawing from the corner block that she paid deposit for, coz she bought a house somewhere else! And that's only $1K more than our current block! So we jumped in straight away!
I'm sure there will be someone from Rose Grange too to join HomeOne, sooner or later!
Hi popcorn-chicken,

Things have only really started back up again after xmas, I noticed they had their inspector do the pre-paint inspection 4 days ago. They have also been fixing some issues I pointed out e.g. external gas point was in the wrong location, it was pointing into the alfresco rather then just around the corner on the left side of the house, also some of the external electricals were either missing or in the wrong location which they are also fixing, suppose it shouldn't be too long before we have a kitchen

The rise estate is that where Carlisle have their display homes in Tarneit?

Mal
Yes, that's the one. Ah.. as careless as they can be, the tradies!!
Hi Popcorn,

I see from your signature that you are deciding between the 32 and 36 versions. One thing to note is that the 32 has to be extended at the back to accommodate the bifold doors at a cost of a couple of thousand - can look up the precise amounts tonight.

The 36 wouldn't fit on our block as we were already pushing the limits so went with the 32 and made some changes.

Dale.
Thanks Dale, I noticed that from Jo's previous post, and I have also noted the price for the bi-fold doors. Will double check that with the sales guy as I believe the price has gone up again for all the upgrades!
Hello!

Well things are happening on our block. We went up Friday after work and although the slab wasn't done, the pipes were all in and the materials all there ready and waiting. See pics... and see blog too.

Good news today - SS called to ask if we were willing to possibly have to delay a couple of days to get his top brickies on the job, or else schedule the other team as soon as we needed. We are happy to wait for the top guys
. Plus, he said slab will happen tommorow and the frame starts on Wednesday. Yaaaaay!!!

Very excited and now thinking we just have to head up to have a look Monday or Tuesday with slab down pre frame. BTW block is 50km out of town in the opposite direction to where we live now - so not planning to go there every day! Once or twice a week will be it.

Just tried to add photos and didn't work - shall go off and read the instructions again then repost!
Photos I hope!

Congratulations on your pipes!!! I drive past everyday - sometimes several times a day on school and kinda runs. Fifty kilometres is a long way to find out something hasn't happened so I hope it all goes quicker for you than it has for us. Love your brick choice!!
Wow!! it's happening pretty fast! My gosh! driving 50 km to see the new house?!?! gees.. that's far....
Hi again,

Well of course I couldn't wait until tomorrow if the slab was being poured today! We went up after work and there was a lovely slab

Photos below - last one shows the fill at the back, ready for some creative decking and landscaping later on. Other two photos both from front of block.

We will visit again on Friday, by which time frame should be well on the way.

Awesome.
The frame should go up in no time from here.
wow congratulations on the slab.
it should all go fast from here on in!

I'm hoping for my slab this week!
Thanks Cookies and cynarion. It is so nice for things to be happening.

Cookies - I hope you get your slab this week!

Cynarion - I have checked out your blog and looking good. We were very close to building the Mercer with M, but that all ended just prior to final contract stage. A long story and the subject of an earlier thread (they sacked us!). We are very happy with this house though and will suit us perfectly. The Mercer is a great plan though.
We have half a frame! The frame is in place for the minor bedrooms, bathroom, powder room and lounge room. Other walls are built and laying on the slab, but not up yet. So should be mostly complete soon, and then onto the roof trusses I guess.

Here are a couple of photos. Lots more on our blog.

Very excited - it almost feels like a house now!!

Looking from kitchen over to family room.
Well now we have a house! Well sort of... all the wall frames up and some of the roof. Not bad progress considering a short week and shocking weather.

Hopefully framing all done next week, including windows. We have only picked up one potential mistake with ensuite window framed too large, but maybe they just haven't finished it yet. Either way, we let SS know given this window changed from the standard plan.

So some photos! More are on the blog.

This one shows all of house from front - and you can see the wooden facade windows laying down waiting.

Taken from alfresco looking back into family/dining

From dining looking over to alfresco. Kitchen to the left.

Wow!! It must be so excited for you two!!!!
Looking very good out there!!
Thanks Popcorn-Chicken. It really is so exciting - although everytime you get to one stage you start hanging out for the next! Well I do anyhow.... I can't wait to see the roof and bricks - that's when all the selections we made start to be in place and you just hope everything looks ok together.

I think I read on another thread that you decided to keep the original land which you love and look for another house as the Monaco wouldn't fit - is that right? How is the search going? Do you need a shorter house?
Hi Jo,
Yes we're staying in the original block. Most likely we'll go with Nava homes coz Carlisle won't shrink the Monaco for us.
Hi Popcorn,

Have discovered now why Carlisle can't alter that alfresco space - not sure if it is clear from the blog photos but there is a very sturdy post on the outer corner of the alfresco which is supporting all the roof beams and trusses. I think They would have to alter the whole support structure to alter that alfresco.

Dale.
Thanks Dale,
But I'm sure they can just reinforce the kitchen wall if the alfresco is taken out. Many house designs don't come with alfresco and they don't have a rectangular shape. Oh well, if they don't do it, they don't do it.
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum