Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

[COMPLETED] - Building Windsor 40 with Eden Brae (Caddens)

Page 3 of 5
InvincibleInDN
SS finally gave the scheduled PCI date. Its 19 Sep 2019 as of now. Yay!!

Congratulations!!!. Does PCI mean Practical completion?
Osakat
Congratulations!!!. Does PCI mean Practical completion?

Yes.
BTW.... I was reading your blog and noticed that you conducted a religious ceremony on your property at slab. We need to do the same. Who did you talk to get access to the site.
Osakat
BTW.... I was reading your blog and noticed that you conducted a religious ceremony on your property at slab. We need to do the same. Who did you talk to get access to the site.

We did the ceremony before the builder ready for construction (not fenced). But I have to bury some stuffs understand the slab. I talked to my SS. He was ok with that.
Thanks for that.
We supposed to have the front door installed like a month ago. Somehow the builder or the brickie messed up the front door width. It been fixed and the front door has been installed today.

Stepdown Balustrade installed

The front facade has been painted now

Thanks

The electrician started working the site. Happy with the progress so far!
InvincibleInDN, Loving your build and external colour choices. Do you mind me asking what colour is your render I'm trying to avoid being too light or too dark. Yours, for me, sits nicely in that sweet spot. Is your roof and guttering Monument?

Also, loooove your door. What model is it? And how much of an upgrade from the standard was it if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks in advance!
KamadoJusto
InvincibleInDN, Loving your build and external colour choices. Do you mind me asking what colour is your render I'm trying to avoid being too light or too dark. Yours, for me, sits nicely in that sweet spot. Is your roof and guttering Monument?

Also, loooove your door. What model is it? And how much of an upgrade from the standard was it if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks kamadoJusto

Roof & Gutter - Monument
Brick - PGH Vino (E Range - $3480)
Eaves & Rendering - Dune color
Door - 2340x1200 Corinthian Infinity INFWS 8G in Merbau with translucent glazing $2373 (upgrade costs). 2x400mm side lights are part of the home design and not the upgrade.

Hope this helps.
Awesome
Thank you.

Some new 8G units currently available ex-Sydney on eBay at under $600.
kks
Some new 8G units currently available ex-Sydney on eBay at under $600.

I don't know how to get house done without door. Its a fate for going with big volume builders
Nah, not saying anything at all about your home, Inv. Looking good. Just that another poster was asking about cost of the 8G. Some blokes will just stick in the cheapest builders' door and then chase up a more opulent unit later. Some bargains around, particularly with state of the building industry. Horses 4 courses.
kks
Nah, not saying anything at all about your home, Inv. Looking good. Just that another poster was asking about cost of the 8G. Some blokes will just stick in the cheapest builders' door and then chase up a more opulent unit later. Some bargains around, particularly with state of the building industry. Horses 4 courses.

I understood.
InvincibleInDN

Looking good. May I know how wide is your balcony and the sliding door in it? I am not a fan of a glass balcony so we will enclose it too similar to yours for more privacy. It's a good spot to enjoy coffee in the morning or watch sunset in the evening.
Melbournevic
InvincibleInDN

Looking good. May I know how wide is your balcony and the sliding door in it? I am not a fan of a glass balcony so we will enclose it too similar to yours for more privacy. It's a good spot to enjoy coffee in the morning or watch sunset in the evening.

The width of the balcony is 2780mm and the door width is 1800mm. The enclosure height is higher than my liking.
InvincibleInDN
Melbournevic

The width of the balcony is 2780mm and the door width is 1800mm. The enclosure height is higher than my liking.

Thanks. Almost the same as ours. I think the dimension is just right. I thought mine will look odd due to it smaller in size until I saw your post and it does look really good.
Melbournevic
Thanks. Almost the same as ours. I think the dimension is just right. I thought mine will look odd due to it smaller in size until I saw your post and it does look really good.

Thanks
HI InvincibleInDN,
Great to see your progress and have read all your posts and they are very very helpful. I am also in the build process with Eden Brae in Caddens and just about to have our Home Options appointment. Just curious to know if you have done the electrical fittings on both floors through Eden Brae and if they have have options to fit ceiling fan points on the rooms. Do they charge you extra for that. Also can you do the upper floor electrical wiring yourselves through your own electrician.
Regards
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

1/04/2024
Unsigned variations after a new home is completed

Building A New House

Any advice on a builder in NSW who is demanding an extra 22000k after the house is completed and contract paid in full .Standard HIA contract. Never received a variation.…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum