Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Vantage Mode facade modified

Page 3 of 5
3 supervisors?? what are they doing? fingers crossed it gets sorted for you soon.
Congrats on the site start.
It is great to see it moving along.
I was surprised the day after the pour the chippy's were there starting the frame on my build.
Take plenty of pics and post them on here.
Macher
Progress
I will keep updating these dates as best I can.

Intial deposit 9 April 2018
Preliminary contract 3 August 2018
Final contract signing 10 December 2018
Final variation signing 17 April 2019

how come theres a long gap between preliminary contract to final contract and final variation ? is that normal?
kiddz7
Macher
Progress

how come theres a long gap between preliminary contract to final contract and final variation ? is that normal?
Yep it is really too long. Takes weeks to get answers for anything that is not standard. Studio M questions have a time limit, so if you ask them after that it's gonna take forever. If you need the drawings changed, expect a big wait. Also our csc was away for a month, so the person that replaced her did absolutely nothing. Things started moving slowly again when she came back.

Really start to see the mode facade.

Macher
kiddz7
Macher
Progress

Yep it is really too long. Takes weeks to get answers for anything that is not standard. Studio M questions have a time limit, so if you ask them after that it's gonna take forever. If you need the drawings changed, expect a big wait. Also our csc was away for a month, so the person that replaced her did absolutely nothing. Things started moving slowly again when she came back.

Admin is the bottle neck in the process. I did not mind it to much though. I am determined to enjoy the whole building process.
Upstairs done. Guttering will start on Monday and roof should be complete by Wednesday. I guess the frame bill will be coming soon.

Looking good Macher.
Yes the invoice will be there the day they finish, the accounts dept. is very efficient.
stanus
Looking good Macher.
Yes the invoice will be there the day they finish, the accounts dept. is very efficient.

Haha! More efficient than any other dept at M....amazing isn’t it. First coat of render went on our cladding yesterday and we got lock up invoice by midday.
Looking good! It's so exciting to see it taking shape.
Another horrible day with the neighbours. Frame is just coming together and they have already trespassed on my property to get a good view of their backyard from my first floor. We have a big window in our void and if anyone has seen the vantage display, this is the highlight of the home. Neighbours are demanding I frost the stair well window and the void window which I spent much $$$$ upgrading.
They are banding together and demanded drawings and suggesting that show some respect as I'm joining the neighbour hood. I don't want to make them hate me before I come to live there but I don't want to look up at a frosted window.

Macher
Another horrible day with the neighbours. Frame is just coming together and they have already trespassed on my property to get a good view of their backyard from my first floor. We have a big window in our void and if anyone has seen the vantage display, this is the highlight of the home. Neighbours are demanding I frost the stair well window and the void window which I spent much $$$$ upgrading.
They are banding together and demanded drawings and suggesting that show some respect as I'm joining the neighbour hood. I don't want to make them hate me before I come to live there but I don't want to look up at a frosted window.

If council approved it, there is nothing they can do. Same happened to us and these were neighbours we have lived next to for 28 years.
Agree with the above post! I would say just ignore them. They will come around after a while. May be if they really causing trouble just agree to frost the staircase window with a film so that to show you did something. Later may be you can remove that too!
We were told we could not get rebated doors and I see that metricon Sydney are offering it for free in their freedom package. Not happy

M do not like rebating the doors but they will do it if asked multiple times. I got it done after a kind forum member
provided the paragraph entry in here contract.
Fu*k the neighbors! I swear it's the absolute worst part of building. Nothing but non-stop complains and requests when it's really non of their business. I've built 3 times now, and it's the same issues every time, very common when building in an old established area. Just jealously, it's a terrible look.

And yes, the rebating of doors definitely possible with persistence. But looks like you're very close to getting doors and windows installed. Perhaps try talk directly with your SM and pay him cash to make it happen. They can still cut the slab to suit before the door frames go in.
stanus
M do not like rebating the doors but they will do it if asked multiple times. I got it done after a kind forum member
If you really want it I can show in my contract if that helps. It's an additional item to get it right and level if you are doing the floors post hand over.

Renman
stanus
If you really want it I can show in my contract if that helps. It's an additional item to get it right and level if you are doing the floors post hand over.

Hi Renman, thanks for the offer but its probably too late for me now. Doors have been fitted. I did show them an entry from another member but still could not get it. Now not sure what we will do. Do you have a step down from your house to outdoor room?
We were thinking about concreting it up to height of the home slab.

Macher
Renman
stanus

Hi Renman, thanks for the offer but its probably too late for me now. Doors have been fitted. I did show them an entry from another member but still could not get it. Now not sure what we will do. Do you have a step down from your house to outdoor room?
We were thinking about concreting it up to height of the home slab.

That was a big step down from the house to the slab but this removed by the landscaping paver. As we had to build a slope from the sliding door running down to the center of the backyard for wall drainage.

Some issues picked up with frame but now resolved and moving forward. Plumbing and electrical in. Duct worked installed. Down stairs weather wrapped.

Related
13/05/2024
Metricon KDRB designs - Vantage 48 or Franklin 50?

Building A New House

😃 will do an exclusive one for Simeon.. COVID back at home.. kept it simple & we moved in.. & yesterday was the first day at our new home.. Few more bits to go -…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum